BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Drugstore Make up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 582583584585586 600>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 4.08  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 2:20am
no brushes...monday..Kevin Aucoin...waiting then to see what is there...
Sponsored Links

AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 8:11am
found this online:
http://weshouldmakeup.blogspot.com/2012/07/creaseblending-brushes-part-2.html

Crease/Blending Brushes Part 2

So continuing on with my comparisons. Today I will be discussing what I like to use as detail brushes for my crease because they are so small. I use them when I want to carve out my crease and create a really defined shape. Please refer to this post for more detail on crease brushes and brush hairs.

Here is an example of a cut/carved crease where I would use one of these brushes to create the detail and sharpness of the crease:
Sorry I don't remember the colors used since it was so long ago. :( I have a similar look here.

Bottom picture left to right:

~Mac 226 Small Tapered Blending brush-This is a stiff tapered brush that is great for precision and directional work. I don't think that it is a particularly great brush for blending, especially since it is so firm, but I do like it for my outer 'v' and crease. I can pack on high concentrations of color with this brush. The 226 brush is great for eyeshadows with minimal pigment or firmly pressed shadows. This brush is probably the least comfortable of my detail crease brushes, it can be a bit scratchy. This was a limited edition brush, but has been re-released several times.
~Hakuhodo S142 Eye Shadow brush-A bit larger than the S146 this brush is one of my faves for sculpting my crease and blending simultaneously. Made of blue squirrel. The hairs of this brush feel like heaven! Although the brush hair is blue squirrel, because the brush is so small I am still able to pick up and deposit full on color and create lovely gradation.  Heavily pigmented shadows and pigments apply beautifully with this brush. If you have eye shadows that are loaded with pigment, but are somewhat dusty like some of the matte Inglot eyeshadows can be then this brush along with the S146 is perfect! You can check out more information about Hakuhodo brushes in my post here. This brush can be purchased here.
~Hakuhodo S146 Eye Shadow brush-This has to be one of my favorite brushes for my carving my crease! I love the small size of the brush, and the fluffy hairs. Made of blue squirrel. The brush comes tapered, but after washing it becomes more fluffy. Measuring full length at 150mm it is just the right size for me to hold. The soft, luscious hair is great for applying eye shadows with lots of pigment. I like to get up close to the mirror when applying my makeup so the length of this brush is just right. Same goes for all of the brushes in Hakuhodo S100 series. It's something about this series of brushes that makes me happy just to look at them! Maybe it's because of that beautiful pop of orange and gold embedded in a sea of black brushes. This brush can be purchased here.
~Hakuhodo G5523BkSL-This brush can multitask as both a shader and crease brush. It's shape is not fully round, but not completely flat. You can use the tip to apply and blend color in the crease. You can then turn the brush on it's side to apply color to the mobile lid. Made of blue squirrel. The shape of this brush is similar to the Mac 217 brush, but it is a smaller, softer brush. Great for eye shadows with a high color payoff. If you have sensitive skin on your eyes you will love the feel of this brush. Smaller eyes would benefit from the size of this brush. You can be purchase this brush here.
~Hakuhodo G5529BkSL-Now this is one tiny little brush. The hair length is only 13mm. Made of blue squirrel. This brush is best used with loose pigments and heavily pigmented eye shadows. Great for diffused liner on the lower lash line. I also love to use this brush for my outer 'v', or to apply a highlight in the tear duct. Since the brush is so small I wouldn't use it as a blending brush, unless you have super tiny eyes. This is more of a detail brush. This brush can be purchased here.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 8:13am

Crease/Blending Brush Comparisons Part 1

I decided that with the one million and one brushes that I have I needed to do a comparison post. Since I love a great blended eye I will start with blending and crease brushes. Blending/crease brushes are an essential part of an eye look.

Unless you are intentionally creating a harsh or carved crease then you absolutely need blending/crease brushes to diffuse and blend colors smoothly and evenly from one to the next. I typically blend the colors where they meet. These brushes are also excellent when you have heavily pigmented colors that you want to have lightly applied to the brow, crease, or mobile lid. They are also great for a light wash of color over the eye.

Crease and blending brushes are typically  fluffy haired brushes because they are made to diffuse and blend color. They can be made in various sizes, and of all types of hair including: synthetic, squirrel, goat, and kolinsky.

Synthetic hair brushes are great for both cream, liquid, and powder products.  I find that I prefer to use them with liquid or cream rather than powder.

Squirrel hair will deposit really soft washes of colors and are great for heavily pigmented eye shadows and pigments. Brushes made of squirrel hair are usually softer than other natural hair brushes especially blue and grey squirrel.

Goat is more versatile. I love to use goat hair for liquid, cream and powder. It is a nice mixture of firm and flexible. I use goat hair brushes for just about everything. Goat hair will deposit more color, so if you have densely pigmented colors a little will go a long way. They also do a great job at blending.

Kolinsky hair is the most expensive. Kolinsky hair is a species of weasel, and since it is difficult hair to harvest and more rare it is more costly. Kolinsky hair brushes are very resilient and are excellent at packing on color. Both firmly pressed and low pigmented eye shadows work well with Kolinsky hair brushes.

I've arranged the brushes in groups. The first group of brushes are blending brushes similar to Mac's 224 brush. They are great at applying soft, diffused color in the crease. These brushes are also great for applying washes of color. I will often use them without any product just to blend colors in my crease that have already been applied.

~Le Metier de Beaute Eye Crease brush-This brush has the smallest handle of all the brushes I own. The brush fully measured is about 10 mm compared to the Mac 224 at 21mm. Made of goat hair. The bristles are firm and densely packed. This brush is great for firmly packed eyeshadows, because it can pick up lots of color. It would be great for those with smaller lids as well. This brush can be purchased from Neiman Marcus.
~Paula Dorf Sheer Crease brush-This is one of my favorite blending brushes. Made of blue squirrel. I feel like this brush could be a mix of hairs, or mixed with synthetic hair. It is not nearly as soft as my other blue squirrel hair brushes. I love that it is a lovely mix of firm and delicate. I can apply both heavily pigmented and firmly pressed colors on my eye with this brush. Since the tip of the brush comes to a point you can place the color right where you need it and blend it out with minimal effort. This brush can be purchased from several places including Dermstore.
~Hakuhodo G5522-This is a luxuriously soft brush made of blue squirrel hair. Since the hair is so soft I find that this brush works well with pigments and heavily pigmented shadows. It is a bit of a larger brush, so if you have smaller eyes you may find that you have a harder time placing the color precisely. It is still great for blending. You can purchase this brush from Hakuhodo.
~Edward Bess Luxury Eye brush-Very firm. Made of goat hair. Great for packing on firmly pressed colors. I can really blend with this brush. I find that it is similar to the Mac 217. This brush can be purchased from Neiman Marcus.
~Mac 234 brush-This was a limited edition brush. It had duo sides. One side is natural squirrel hair, while the other side is synthetic hair. The brush is a bit flat so not as great for blending. I use this more as a lay down brush or for concealer. This brush is no longer available.
~Mac 224 Tapered Blending brush-By far one of my oldie but goodies! I have had some of my 224 brushes for over 10 years.  Made of goat hair. It is such a great blending and diffusing brush. I often use it without any product just to blend out colors in my crease. The hair on the brush does tend to get larger after several uses and washing. If you have small eyes you may have trouble with placement of the shadow and need a smaller brush. You can purchase this brush from Mac Cosmetics.
~OCC #004 Tapered Blending brush-This brush is really similar in shape to the Mac 224 brush. Made of synthetic hair. I find that since it is made of synthetic hair it keeps it's shape well. These brushes are not your old synthetic brushes. They are much higher quality and perform like natural hair brushes. This brush makes blending and contouring a breeze! This brush can be purchased from Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics.
IslandSuga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandSuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 8:14am
I can't wait until payday so I can get my hands on those ebay jessup brushes, similar to sigma's brushes
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 8:14am

Crease/Blending Brushes Part 3 & 4

Finally onto the conclusion of my crease and blending brushes. These brushes are my multi-use brushes. Sometimes we can get stuck on the description of a brush and use it for only that purpose. I have found that some of my brushes are created for one use, but work best as something completely different. You definitely need to experiment, because you never know what may work best. Please check out my first post to read more information on brush hairs, uses, etc. here.

The first three I like to use as both crease and lay down brushes. Since they are more flat than fluffy I find that they work well to lay down color on my mobile lid. The tip of the brushes are thin, so they give a more defined/carved crease rather than blended out color in the crease.

~Tom Ford Eye Shadow 11 brush-I believe this brush is made of goat hair. The information could not be confirmed. Compared to the Mac 217, and some of my Hakuhodo brushes that are goat, it feels really similar. The brush is really soft, but firm. I find that this brush picks up color well. I can lay the color down on my lid with little fallout. The flat side of the brush is rather large, so you would have to have a large eye space. I love using the brush for the Tom Ford eye shadow quads. Most of the quads have a glitter eye shadow, something similar to Mac's lustre texture, and this brush picks up the color and applies the color effortlessly. I love the chocolate brown color of the handle with the gold letters and ferrule. The handles feel quite substantial and you can tell that the brushes are well crafted. I have had the brushes for several months and it has not shed on me. The prices are steep, but well worth it. The quality of the hair is outstanding and I can tell that I will have this brush for many years.  You can purchase Tom Ford brushes here.
~Hakuhodo K021 Eye Shadow brush-This brush is similar in shape to the Tom Ford brush, but larger. I like to use this brush more for a wash of color over the lid or to blend all my colors together in one swipe. Made of blue squirrel. This brush is really too soft to pack colors on, but is great for heavily pigmented colors or loose pigments. This brush can be purchased here.
~Suqqu Eye Shadow L brush-Ahhh...the infamous and aloof Suqqu brushes! I had been reading about these brushes for a long time! I started on a crazed mission to find and purchase some of the best brushes and this brand kept popping up on all the blogs and reviews. Thus started my journey to find and purchase as many as I could! I found a website online where I could purchase the brushes and have them shipped to me, but as fast as they would receive stock of the brushes they would sell out! I had to stalk the site like a hawk. Late one night when I had some extra money to spare I saw this brush pop up and I jumped on it! Unfortunately it was the only Suqqu brush I was ever able to purchase. :( The only other way to purchase Suqqu brushes would be to call the store in Selfridges in the U.K. and have them shipped to you. These brushes cost a pretty penny!

The website does not list the type of brush hair, but it feels like it may be blue or grey squirrel. The brush is exquisitely soft! The entire brush from ferrule to handle is covered in black metal. The handle is on the short side. The words 'suqqu' are written in grey. Suqqu is another Japanese brand. The Japanese really have the brush industry on lock! I must take a trip to Japan just for the ultimate brush haul! I use this brush for a wash of color or to blend my crease colors. It is so soft that it works really well to blend harsh lines and create that gradation of color from the crease to brow bone.

On to some of my favorite and most used brushes of all! I use these brushes for blending, applying crease and lid color, and concealer.

Bottom picture from left to right:

~Mac 222 Tapered Blending brush-This is a great blending brush. Made of goat hair. The tapered head of the brush allows for precise application of color in the crease. If you have smaller eyes this brush is really nice, because it doesn't flare out or get too fluffy like the Mac 224 and 217. Since the hair is tapered from belly to tip, colors stay where you put them and don't move all over the eye. The hair is firm, but pliable. This brush is great for densely packed, low pigmented colors. I really like this brush for carving out my crease as well. The 222 brush has been discontinued, but I have seen it for sale online at All Cosmetics Wholesale here.
~Mac 217 Blending brush-What can I say? This is the ultimate blending brush! I have about a million and one brushes, as you can see, and none seem to do exactly what the 217 does! If I could use just one brush for just about my entire face this would be it! I can use it on my lid, crease, and highlight. I can use it for concealer and powder. It buffs, blends, and packs beautifully. Made of goat hair. This brush is great for picking up low pigmented, densely packed colors. If you are using it for heavily pigmented or loose pigments use a light hand. I have several of these brushes because I never want to be without it. My first 217 brush is finally starting to go down hill after about 10 years, and that's when I didn't even know how to care for it properly. If you have smaller eyes you may have a bit of an issue applying color to your crease, but if you use just the tip of the brush you should be fine. You can use the flat side of the belly of the brush to lay down color on the lid. I apply concealer under the eye going in circular motions with the tip of the brush. You must purchase this brush here.
~Shu Uemura Natural brush 8HR-I had no idea where to add this brush, since it is an angled shaped brush, and I don't have many angle crease brushes. Made of sable hair. This brush is great for picking up lots of color with little to no fallout. If you have densely packed, shimmer or hard shadows with low pigment, this is a great brush to use for those colors. The angle of the brush allows for great precision and directional use. The flat head of the brush can be used to pack color on the lid. You can purchase this brush here.
~Hakuhodo 212 Highlight brush-I have been using this brush exclusively for concealer under my eye. Made of goat(Ototsuho). This brush is very densely packed with short bristles, great for packing on products. The short hairs allow for full coverage, while blending the concealer to an airbrushed finish. I use a stippling motion to apply products. The hairs of this brush are great for cream and water-based products. This brush is great for highlighting on the cheekbone and temple as well. You can purchase this brush here.
~Hakuhodo J214 Highlight brush-This brush is similar to the 212 except it is a bit smaller.  Made of goat hair. The hairs are really soft and feel good on the skin. I use this brush in the same way that I use the Hakuhodo 212 brush. This brush is great for concealer under the eyes, around the corners of the nose, and highlighting. This brush is not yet available for purchase, but should be available to purchase on the Hakuhodo site by the end of the month.

Do you have any blending or crease brushes that are your faves? Do you use them for any other purpose? Let me know what you think.
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 8:28am
thanks Awesome for your contribution of these stories and other makeup related information u provide on here for all to read and use...Thumbs Up
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 8:27pm

First time wearing a dark lipstick out.
Went to a bar with some friends .

I liked it

Edited by jonesable - Jul 27 2014 at 8:38pm
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 10:29pm
I picked up NYX tinted moisturizer in tan . Going to test it out tomorrow swatched nicely in my hand,

Baked blush in ignite.... Love it ! It's gorgeous as a highlighter and a couple of the matte lip buttas lippies
Brownsugar1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brownsugar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 9:29am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 9:45am
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

thanks Awesome for your contribution of these stories and other makeup related information u provide on here for all to read and use...Thumbs Up

you're welcome
I think I am going to start a blog

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair