Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Drugstore Make up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 565566567568569 592>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 4.08  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by AwesomeAries AwesomeAries wrote:

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

I need milani baked blushes in my life but I need to use what I have first. Ugh but they look so gorgeous tho.Cry

I have a milani blush on today that has my skin glowing
ShockedCry

I'm feignin' for it now.
Sponsored Links

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 7:58pm
ive been really really slacking lately.. 

ive been doing the bare minimum max.

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 8:13pm
I want blue lipstick

IslandSuga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandSuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2014 at 10:13am
just ordered some sleek blushes and shadows from colour pop cosmetics. I can't wait for the shadows, colour pop made some game changer shadows! $5 per shadow, great pigmentation, made in the usa and cruelty free. Nope this isn't a sponsored post lol

Edited by IslandSuga - Jul 20 2014 at 10:16am
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 8:10pm
model does your wing eye look like this Geek
just kidding but I know none of you are this bad
so where are y'all eye pictures LOL

Edited by AwesomeAries - Jul 22 2014 at 8:12pm
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 8:13pm
Im looking for matte lipsticks. .. any suggestions?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

nope I don't wear lipstick 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 8:25pm
found it
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Brush Reviews.  I’m going to try to be less wordy than usual…..Confused

I don’t have a ton of brushes  but I have done and still do a lot of research on them so for most of these I watched at least 10 reviews and read 3 blogs minimum for everything I have and a lot I don’t have. 

The Ugly:

Lets start here because if nothing else I want you to know the hatred I have for these specific brushes.  Don’t do it!!!!! 

SIGMA Face Brushes – keep in mind they have some incredible brushes and I will post them below but do NOT fck with any of the ones that look like this.  I loathe these (stronger word needed)

sigma beauty premium professional kit makeup brushes F10 F15 F20 F25 F35 large fluff powder blush duo fibre tapered face highlighter

They are so busy trying to dupe MAC brushes here that they completely missed the quality step.  They shed, not really that soft and they BLEED!!  I have all of the brushes in the Essential set but every single one of the “big” ones are terrible.  Not worth a damn dime.  Don’t do it.

The BAD:

ELF Mineral – They stopped making these but if you see them on ebay or something – Take a pass.  They are all pretty worthless and thank goodness elf removed.  Not even all for $3 would be worth it.  

Sonia Kashuk – They’re really prettyTongue but I’m not impressed with her brushes.  I have this set and a few other random ones I picked up here and there and they just aren’t worth full price.  I bought most of these on Clearance so I’m not that mad.  But yeah there are better ways to spend your money.  They aren’t that soft and don’t do anything that a lot of the Elf brushes do very well. 

Sonia Kashuk Brush Set wo top

One Exception – the Kabuki brush from the Couture set is very nice.  Dense soft, great for buffing. 

Sonia Kashuk Brush Couture Kabuki Brush

Mary Kay – Based on this horrible Mineral Foundation brush I will never buy a Mary Kay brush.  Its bad enough to deserve mentioning.   I'm mad because they ONLY been around forEVA and they made this mess.  SMH. 

Mary Kay® Mineral Foundation Brush

The Good:

Elf Studio Brushes – I know some of you ladies just got most of these for $3 total.  Money well spent.   These brushes range from so, so to great.  I posted the ones I really love in the thread here: http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/drugstore-make-up_topic368444_page106.html.  The shading brushes are good and to be honest some of these brushes are just excellent and simple.  I think the powder brush, blush brush and foundation brush are not really substantial enough to do the job but I have found them great for applying liquid treatments (primer, eye primer, moisturize and for those who use MOM they are awesome for that!  A lot less messy.)  Anyway, you get more than what you pay for with these.

The Better to Best:

Real Techniques – Perfectly priced value, great brushes!   My favorite part of this collection is all of the medium to large brushes.  The small brushes (purple) aren’t really anything special and the foundation brushes (if you like those) are better for applying treatment stuff again but I highly recommend these overall:

BTW:  Ultimate Brush in this set is the Expert Face Brush.  Its short, packed and just the right size for contouring and other liquid applications.  It would be a good alternative for the Cover FX one Rumy posted if you don’t want to spend the $38.  It saved meCry

The big powder brush was the love of my life until I lost my mind over the IT Cosmetics brush.  Even though its smaller than the new brush its still way bigger by most powder brushes I’ve seen.

1 - Powder Brush 1

They are very soft, do what they say, they don’t shed, they don’t bleed and they are easy to clean.  I just love them and I’ve been very happy with them for over a year of continued use. 

Sigma SIGMAX Kabuki and Precision – Excellent, well made unique line (well it was until it was copiedLOL).  I love these brushes.  They are rock solid.  Very dense but very soft.  No shedding, no bleeding, just perfect brushes.  I would buy these all over again.  This was my first real “set”.  Still going strong and still loved to death by me.

Sigma Eye and Precision Brushes – I love these.  The shading brush is excellent, love the liner brush and the blending brushes to death.  Also the E30 (white one) is a pencil shadow brush.  Perfect for doing corner eye highlights and doing liner using shadow.  This is another area where Sigma does very well.  I don't use the Real Technique small brushes much because between these and Elf I have everything I could want. 

Other Sigma stuff I love

Very affordable ($40 or less with coupon) works great!!  Its not always in stock though.  Very high demand I guess but these run well over $100 for most brands. 

I use this Sigma Dry N Shape every time I clean my brushes.  It stands up if you bi-fold and you can let the brushes dry upside down.  They keep the shape solid and somehow helps them dry fast and perfect.  The brush is squeezed by the elastic which helps dry and shape the brushes.  I wish it had more space. 

sigma-dry-n-shape

I also use the cases from the Real Technique brushes for drying.  Just put them in upside down and use the brush guard thingy for the ones that need shaping:

The Brush Guard (2)

The Brush Guard (9)

That’s all I can think of right now.  Hopefully my mistakes will be to your benefit.  You could try the same ones I love and hate them and vice versa so take it for what it is.   These are the ones I’ve used for a while.   Maybe others will chime in to agree or tell y’all I’m crazyLOL. 

I need a few weeks on the ones this thread made me buy I just boughtEmbarrassed

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 8:27pm
kfoxx what about bdellium tools?

Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by AwesomeAries AwesomeAries wrote:

Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

nope I don't wear lipstick 

I don't either but im trying to breakout my norm of gloss
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon