Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Drugstore Make up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 522523524525526 601>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 4.08  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 9:29am
i think id like to add the ysl radiant touch concealer/highlighter pen to my list.. but i saw the darkest color being used under a mans eyes whos lighter than me.. 
it may still work for me though.. i really want it. 

and im gonna get a mac or nars concealer in my skin color.. leaning a little towards mac but idk.. 

Sponsored Links

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 10:05am
i wanna try the armani luminous silk foundation too.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 10:25am
is it just me or is she getting lighter…? this is my first time watching one of her vids in a while.. 

Edited by coconess - May 31 2014 at 10:37am
TexturizedDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TexturizedDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 10:41am
Nah, I've just noticed that dark chocolate women seem to use milk chocolate foundation (but they can get away with it).  Us café au lait and caramel women have to find a perfect match - can't go lighter, only a little darker.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 10:44am
lol

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TexturizedDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 10:44am
And I'm sorry, but that last vid...her makeup is so caked on it looks gross.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 10:48am
ugh.. i wish yall were cooler ppl 

see when i try to do the full works (well.. for me.. not shadow and contouring and all that) i be worried that i look like a cake face sometimes… 
i kinda felt like that yesterday.. but as the makeup sat on my face and warmed up it seemed to start looking a little better.. and the sephora lady said it looked great (i kept asking her questions).. another lady complimented as well and the sephora lady was like, 'and she came in looking like this.. aside from the lashes' 
but i want real, honest opinions… Sleepy

im scared of being a cake face. i dont think beautybyjj looks bad but then that makes me think like.. maybe i dont think i look bad and i do… 

Edited by coconess - May 31 2014 at 10:52am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TexturizedDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 10:59am

Using too much foundation, or being too slow applying it (esp. with fast drying foundations like Colorstay or Mac Studiofix/F&B) is what leads to a caked look.  I put mine on (along with powder) a little heavy because it settles by the time I'm out the door.  Sometimes it has nothing to do with the app, and more with our skin.  I did the same look several days later and it looked cakey in the cheek area because my skin started getting fine bumps and open pores on the cheeks.  That looks like what's going on with her app.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TexturizedDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 11:00am
Oh and dry/flaky skin too...
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 12:21pm

i like that lip color i just don't want to have to mix 2 lip liners and lipstick to get it...

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 522523524525526 601>
  Share Topic