Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Drugstore Make up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 495496497498499 590>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 12 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 9:20pm
also id have to be organized and like label them somehow.. or make a chart of the names/positions.. 

Sponsored Links

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 9:43pm

DIY Lipstick Palette Using a Z Palette

&quot;DIY Z Palette Lipstick Palette&quot;

Z Palette has been around for a few years now and is pretty popular amongst makeup enthusiasts and artists alike. The empty magnetized palettes are great for storing depotted products of different shapes and sizes that would not regularly fit in custom pre-aligned palettes. I’ve never purchased one since most of my depotted products are round and fit into my MAC palettes. I’m in the process of revamping my MUA Kit to condense it into smaller storage and was looking for a new way to store my lipsticks. While at The Makeup Show NYC I stopped at the Z Palette booth and saw the large palette and empty pans and figured that this would be perfect. I purchased the large palette in basic black which holds 50 pans and the pans to fill it.

Z-Palette-DIY-Lipstick-Palette-2

What you will need…

Z-Palette (your choice of size)

Empty Magnetic Pans

Sanitizing Spray (I use Beauty So Clean) or 99% Alcohol

Spatula or sharp knife

Lipsticks of choice

round labels & pen

paper towels/wipes for clean up

Z-Palette-DIY-Lipstick-Palette-3

Z-Palette-DIY-Lipstick-Palette-4

Spray sanitizing spray or alcohol into the empty pans and let it dry. Sanitize every lipstick that you will be using by wiping the first few layers away with a paper towel, saturate with the sanitizing spray and let it dry. Now sanitize your spatula/knife. Starting with your first lipstick, slice off about 1/3 at the original angle. This way it will still be easy to use after. Use the spatula to push the lipstick inside of the pan and even out the top.

Z-Palette-DIY-Lipstick-Palette-before

This is what I was using for my lipsticks before so I used the spatula to scrape some lipstick out of each jar and smashed it into the pan like above. You must clean the spatula well after each lipstick to avoid color transfer.

Z-Palette-DIY-Lipstick-Palette-5

Z-Palette-DIY-Lipstick-Palette-6

You can peel off the sticker from the bottom of the tube or use labels to create your own stickers. This way you know what color is in each pan. (Please excuse my jacked up nails as I was doing my mani that night) Continue this process until you have all of the lipstick shades in pans. Place the pans in the palette in order of your choice. Here is my finished palette…

&quot;DIY Lipstick Palette using Z Palette&quot;

I organized my palette starting with nudes to light peach/pink,

Z-Palette-DIY-Lipstick-Palette-8

then corals/oranges/reds/burgundy…

Z-Palette-DIY-Lipstick-Palette-9

and last but not lease pinks/mauves/purples.

Z-Palette-DIY-Lipstick-Palette-10 I used lipsticks from a variety of brands including MUFE, MAC, Sleek Makeup, Wet ‘n Wild, Milani, Rimmel, Revlon and more in a variety of finishes. I had four spaces left and found one more shade that I wanted to add now I have three. I think I’ll be using these spaces for more nudes and another shade of coral or pink.&quot;DIY Lipstick Palette using Z Palette&quot;

I love my new palette. It takes up way less space, it’s easier to use as I don’t have to unscrew anything just flip it open and pick a color, it’s easy to move colors around and it’s easy to refill. It’s also very pretty to look at! :) You can also use this method for concealers, foundations and pressing pigments. Z Palettes come in a variety of sizes and can be purchased from zpalette.com along with the pans.

Do you store your lipsticks in a palette? If you’re an MUA, how do you store lipsticks in your kit?

The product(s) in this post was purchased with my own money with the exception of various shades of lipstick.  See my Disclosurepage for additional information.
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

also id have to be organized and like label them somehow.. or make a chart of the names/positions.. 

Have you tried TKB trading? 

They have the magnetic ones. 
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 1:32pm
^^^ thanks 

SO i dont think i like the smashbox primer (the one with spf 20). but ive only tried it with some mac mineralize skinifinish powder.. havent tested it with a liquid yet. 
it glides on like silk though..  
idk if maybe im not using enough or what.. 

i think im gonna exchange for the regular one. 

i need to find an spf 
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 2:26pm
i think i like the nyx cake powder eyebrow stuff. 
i just need to play with it more 
msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 2:33pm
Im really, really digging this bare minerals bareskin liquid foundation 2drops literally does it...
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 3:59pm
I tried my elf Studio Flawless Finish liquid foundation in Coco. Too dark. Nice coverage though. I'll mix it and make it work.
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 4:16pm
That looks messy coco
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

anywho i need to do a bold lip soon...

havent done one in a while..this heat is throwing me off

I rocked my Candy yum yum the other night Smile
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 4:17pm
yea too much work for me.. 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style