BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Drugstore Make up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 454455456457458 579>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 12 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 11:04pm
<----Looks good in every color.....I did the test and it said warm 51% and cool 49%.....so warm.....but that sounds like neutral.
Sponsored Links

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 11:06pm

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

<----Looks good in every color.....I did the test and it said warm 51% and cool 49%.....so warm.....but that sounds like neutral.

i thought that was the percentage of people who tested warm and cool...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Oooooooh....LOLCry.
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 11:10pm
Okay based on that I think I'm warm but supposedly I look good in purple.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 11:11pm
for those who wear foundationBig smile

Foundation Undertones Uncovered

1undertones

If natural light is split into 7 colours (think of the rainbow) then why should we limit ourselves to think that the spectrum in choosing foundation colours consists of the following three, light medium or dark shades only?

There is more to the naked eye when we talk about natural light which has a spectrum broken into the colours of the rainbow. These colours have a profound impact on the whole universe of makeup artistry. Skin tone is a fundamental factor in how your foundation will finish post application.

Your Skin tone comprises of two layers

1. Surface tone – the colours you can visibly see on the surface i.e. light, medium, dark skin.
  2. Undertone – this is where the colour rests underneath the skin.

colour wheel

Colours from ‘Y’ yellow to ‘RV’ red-violet are considered as WARM colours i.e. golden, yellow, reds and pinks. Opposite colours are classed as COLD colours i.e. your blues, purple and greens.

Looking at the diagram below you can easily identify the skin surface tones light, medium & dark but when it comes to undertones for instance, the two faces in the bottom right hand side are both dark skinned women but with completely different undertones.

1undertones

The lady labelled EARTH 4-5 has a RED UNDERTONE whereas lady EARTH 6-7 has aBLUE undertone. An example of a light skinned WARM undertone lady would be SAND 4-5whereas a dark skinned WARM undertone would be EARTH 2-3.

Once you are able to undercover your undertone it then makes the perfect foundation fit process a step easier this is much better than guessing off the swatch of foundation on the back of your hand. This is a common mistake made by women of colour and can at times be disastrous as black skin stones tends to be darker across the forehead and lighter around the middle part of the face. You also have to take into consideration that if you are prone to oily skin, this can turn your foundation darker.

Ben-Nye-Banana-Luxury-Powder

An amazing must-have corrective powder for oily skins is the Ben Nye powder in ‘Banana’ for medium to darker complexions. This is great for adding warmth to the skin and for oil control and highlighting. This is not usually stocked in UK department stores you will find this on Ebay and Amazon prices do vary between £15.99 and upwards.

How do I choose the correct texture of foundation for my skin? I hear you chant. Since we are on the subject of oily skin I will recommend that a woman with oily skin should firstly indulge in a lightweight facial moisturiser. Skincare is so vital in achieving the ideal makeup look which is fresh flawless and youthful.

FOR OILY SKINS TRY:

NARS

7b331c0b-2421-4f64-b795-bd98f3c23bc1

BLACKUP

cc-cream---complexion-correcting-foundation_1

FOR DRY SKINS, TRY:

BECCA

becca-cosmetics-luminous-skin-colour-mink_298_2

NORMAL/COMBINATION SKIN, TRY:

Consider using Bobbi Brown Skin foundation £30 available in 15 shades OR Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touché Eclat foundation £29.

I hope you find this helpful. 

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 11:13pm

Oooooooh....LOLCry.

LOL
had you thinking you were a rainbow huhLOL

it should have said which undertone you were right above those numbers

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 11:14pm

Oooooooh....LOLCry.

LOL
had you thinking you were a rainbow huhLOL

it should have said which undertone you were right above those numbers

It said warm......

Edited by mizzsandra00 - Apr 29 2014 at 11:14pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 11:16pm
see there goes MAC again...people love MACLOL

Edited by ModelessDiva - Apr 29 2014 at 11:20pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 11:27pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 454455456457458 579>
  Share Topic