Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Drugstore Make up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 326327328329330 590>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 12 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:55am
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

why do you wanna return it coco?

cus i think it was an impulse buy.. 
i think it looks better on lighties. most pics where i really like it.. its on someone lightish. i saw very few pics of it on darkies. 
i dont know where the receipt is so i think im stuck with it. 
like i said i didnt try it though so paired with a lightish color i may like it.. 

lol that's nonsense lighter colors look better on light skin imo

I am in LOVVE with rich and dark lip colors. In total love. Head over heels. Plums, dark reds, etc. It just looks better to me.....on any skin color.

I'll probably be buying night moth, love love love how it looks.. I looked at the swatches

Sponsored Links

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 10:06am
Concealer is really thicker and is used to hide dark marks, etc.   It also works well when you're just concealing blemishes and spots to apply a light powder only or a bb/cc cream (no foundation) .   Full coverage foundation can be a bit much when you're only trying to conceal a few problem areas.  

Does that make sense coke?
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 10:21am
I just use concealer to highlight.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 10:29am
I use concealer as a highlighter too, hehe

Conceal, don't feel

Let it glow let it glow LOL
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

lol that's nonsense lighter colors look better on light skin imo

I am in LOVVE with rich and dark lip colors. In total love. Head over heels. Plums, dark reds, etc. It just looks better to me.....on any skin color.

I'll probably be buying night moth, love love love how it looks.. I looked at the swatches

i think i kind of disagree.. 

the pop of a light/bright lip contrasting with dark skin is lovely.. whereas on lighties its just kind of there… pink on them is like whatev but certain pinks and reds on darkies will make me look twice..
like bright clothes against our skin.. 

whereas the contrast of a dark lip on a lightie is pretty bold and nice… 

i guess lip color may play a role too.. diff colors look diff on diff lips. 
like Cyber for example.. its a nice color but i think it would basically look black on me.. it darn near looked black on Sandra (lighting played a role, but cute regardless) and on others i saw but it still looked pretty nice against there light skin. 
on google images imo it starts looking better as their skin gets lighter. 

dont get me wrong.. i love a plum.. and i know to steer away from some nicki minaj type pinks.. 
i think i gravitate towards bold lips.. whats bold on me is diff from whats bold on a light/white person. 

this is gonna make me get up and try that nightmoth.. 
and heroine which i havent yet. 
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Concealer is really thicker and is used to hide dark marks, etc.   It also works well when you're just concealing blemishes and spots to apply a light powder only or a bb/cc cream (no foundation) .   Full coverage foundation can be a bit much when you're only trying to conceal a few problem areas.  

Does that make sense coke?

i think so. 
i dont think ive tried to just put concealer on certain spots more than once.. id be scared that it wouldnt completely blend and id look like a dalmation (not that i have hella spots but you get what i mean..) 
taking a picture with flash would prevent that though. 
ill try it. 
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 12:28pm

Originally posted by TexturizedDiva TexturizedDiva wrote:

Just found my holy grail cream foundations, and they're from theatrical lines.  Graftobian Hi-Def Glamour Crème in Desert Sand, and Mehron Celebre HD Pro Medium Dark 1/MD1.  Applied with a blender sponge and it looks so natural.  I'm NC42 for reference.

WOW!

I really want to try this but I need to  know what color to get.  I'm going on the hunt today to find ppl my shade using this on YouTube. 

In graftobian I wear ginger and burnt amber... I love this foundation very light and natural looking..

Edited by Rumbera - Apr 17 2014 at 12:28pm
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 12:31pm

What's your shade in Iman Jones?  And which one did you buy - Cream to Powder, the luxury liquid or the stick.  The color changes in each category which I hate.  I finally narrowed down my best choice in each but it took a while. 

In the cream to powder and luminous powder, I wear clay 3. The stick I have clay 1, i'll double check the stick when I get home.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 12:59pm
A good blended concealer should not give the brown dalmatian look. lol I only became a believer after finding a good one that looks like you have nothing on once you apply it to your problem areas.Thumbs Up

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

In graftobian I wear ginger and burnt amber... I love this foundation very light and natural looking..

Okay those are both in the Warm 3 palette.  I think I'm getting 2 and 3.  I wish they were all in one palette but I'm pretty sure one of these underlined is going to be perfect:

Sunlit Linen, Buttermilk, Desert Sand, Golden Sunset, Winter Wheat, & Deep Xanthe

Midnight Marigold, Ginger, Burnt Amber
, Pecan, Sienna, & Caramel

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair