BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Drugstore Make up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 233234235236237 593>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 12 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

i think so ming.. expresso was very subtle for me.. now i have on toast and idk how i feel about it.. its either right and im just not used to this brightness under my eyes.. or its a smidge light.. but for you it should be good. 

doesnt hurt to buy 2 though and play with it. i might mix.. 

i wanna try colorstay or the liquid true match too.. 
i still havent found the right foundation for me.. i need to try the black opal stick for the 2nd time.. 
i wish ysl would make a color inbetween the darkest and the 2nd darkest.. 

You don't mix? I almost always mix. Nobody is ever gonna have your exact color. But then again I ain't spending YSL kinda money so.
Hol' up. That $2.50 LA Girl concealer in Chestnut is my exact match.

Star I was so happy and mad at the same damn time! I've paid up to $20 for foundations that were not exact matches but this 2 something BSS concealer does the trick perfectly?! Guuurl!LOL
Sponsored Links

kerysdream7 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerysdream7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 10:49pm
I'm still on my perfect foundation quest. I'm not sure how I feel about this Marc Jacobs Genius Gel yet. So today I ventured into MAC & bought:

-MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC50
-MAC Pro Longwear Foundation NC50
-MAC Pro Longwear Concealer NC45
-MAC Lip Pencil in Cork
-MAC Lip Pencil in Spice

The It Cosmetics Dual Foundation/Concealer brush works like a dream!

This thread is sooo helpful.
You ladies are serious ENABLERS
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2014 at 7:09am
Key this thread is the trufLOL

CC I'm so glad that Chestnut was a perfect hit.   I'm really just getting to the point where I'm okay about having to mix.  It just made me keep buying foundation.  I swatched 30 different foundations the other day and that was just the ones on my vanityDead.  On paper they look almost exactly the same.   I wanted to take some out of rotation but realized I love them all for different reasonsEmbarrassed

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2014 at 7:11am
I decided to give the Lancome another try after watching another review so I pulled it out of the "graveyard" and I'm loving it straight out of the bottle.  So I had to sqeeze that one into the vanity tray, shifting everything around, trying to find a space and wanting it to have perfectly placed position by height and bottle shape.  Then I realized I'm so ridiculous its not even funny, but its funnyLOL
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2014 at 7:17am
So last night I did a full face just to check out my skills(I suck) and I can't remember if it was before or after setting with the banana powder but my eyes got bloodshot red! I was like wtf? So I cleaned my face and my eyes stopped watering and went back to normal. So this morning I tried to do a light highlight and the itchy watery eyes happened AGAIN but this time with sneezing and a lil throat tickle. I think the culprit is the banana powder because I used the concealer before I got home last night without any problems.

My nose is still running and eyes still itchy and I'm starting to wonder if it's the powder at all and not because the boo opened the bedroom window last night and maybe it's pollen. I have to figure this out because I am miserable right now.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2014 at 7:46am
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

But the Black Opal scar and spot eraser is too light for my undereye. Ouch Maybe i should mix the two? TBH i think i need to colour correct my under eye first and Jesus know there are no colour correctors in Kingston , Jamaica

ETA I couldnt find my perfect shade in Revlon colourstay i was somewhere btwn cappucino and caramel, i've been shade matched to nutmeg in the black Opal foundation stick, between earth 1 and 2 in Iman and MAC- 7.5 in match master (perfect in store)

Diane yes.  If you have Truly Topaz and Nutmeg try mixing them together.  The problem is that TT is very yellow and doesn't react well if your undereye has a grayish hue.  The Nutmeg will help cancel it out a little better. 

Another one I like is the Black Radiance Light to Medium but not if you have oilier skin.  It conceals and blends nicely. 
IslandSuga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandSuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2014 at 8:06am
What's a good affordable brush to apply concealer under the brow?

Product Reviews:
-Revlon photo ready concealer in medium deep is a nice concealer that I use as a subtle under eye highlight and brow bone highlight (stick form). I'm an NC45 for reference

-Purely cosmetics powder in oil absorb does wonders to keep oil at bay. When I used to use milk of magnesia I was able to get away with putting a powder foundation on top of my revlon colorstay and it wouldn't oxidize. I stopped using MOM because it broke me out and when I use the oil absorb powder with RCS my foundation doesn't oxidize and the oil peeks through a tiny bit. To get rid of the powdery look I spray some mac fix + and I'm good. I think once I use a matte primer specific in combination with the oil absorb I'll be set

Check out your TJ Maxx's, Ross and Marshall's beauty sections for products. I got a Lumene makeup remover for $3.99 at TJ Maxx the other day.
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2014 at 8:18am
coco, send me that toast.... tia

I still haven't bought a beauty blender for the same reason I don't like white brushes. They look dirty after 1st use... forever. I saw one in sears the other day in a pretty mint color and I left it.
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2014 at 8:25am
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

I got the LA girl,don't know how I feel about it yet.

I got warm honey,almond,fawn and toast. I like Almond best,toast is too dark but seeing as how I had to grab blindly because they were turning off the lights I got what I could.

I also got Ruby Kisses HD setting powder in banana, not home yet waiting for the boo so I will be able to play around in better lighting later.

I can not find fawn in any of my BSS stores..the hunt will continue this weekend..I think that will be my perfect shade 
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2014 at 9:40am
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

I have to figure this out because I am miserable right now.

Let us knowHug
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 233234235236237 593>