Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Drugstore Make up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 218219220221222 601>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 4.08  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by iBetYouhNvNika iBetYouhNvNika wrote:

My lashes came in I got 6 lashes, 3 lower lashes.
im nervous about trying these bottom lashes

What lashes did you get? 
Sponsored Links

Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Ming remember when every chick in high school had that Mac Oh Baby lipgloss or the lip glass......schlacking that shyt on all day longLOL

in my jhs they had the $1 and in hs they would keep the mac pocking out their pocket
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Rumy Ming said we can blame that yt girl in the youtube video.  Hursh!!

Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 1:13pm
I found cherry bomb I need that gif with Jennifer lewis fainting

its gorgeous! $2.71 and ion care
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 1:41pm
it did look pretty on the video. I might keep that one. Package should be delivered today. I ordered yesterday morning lol
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 1:53pm

Brush Reviews.  I’m going to try to be less wordy than usual…..Confused

I don’t have a ton of brushes  but I have done and still do a lot of research on them so for most of these I watched at least 10 reviews and read 3 blogs minimum for everything I have and a lot I don’t have. 

The Ugly:

Lets start here because if nothing else I want you to know the hatred I have for these specific brushes.  Don’t do it!!!!! 

SIGMA Face Brushes – keep in mind they have some incredible brushes and I will post them below but do NOT fck with any of the ones that look like this.  I loathe these (stronger word needed)

sigma beauty premium professional kit makeup brushes F10 F15 F20 F25 F35 large fluff powder blush duo fibre tapered face highlighter

They are so busy trying to dupe MAC brushes here that they completely missed the quality step.  They shed, not really that soft and they BLEED!!  I have all of the brushes in the Essential set but every single one of the “big” ones are terrible.  Not worth a damn dime.  Don’t do it.

The BAD:

ELF Mineral – They stopped making these but if you see them on ebay or something – Take a pass.  They are all pretty worthless and thank goodness elf removed.  Not even all for $3 would be worth it.  

Sonia Kashuk – They’re really prettyTongue but I’m not impressed with her brushes.  I have this set and a few other random ones I picked up here and there and they just aren’t worth full price.  I bought most of these on Clearance so I’m not that mad.  But yeah there are better ways to spend your money.  They aren’t that soft and don’t do anything that a lot of the Elf brushes do very well. 

Sonia Kashuk Brush Set wo top

One Exception – the Kabuki brush from the Couture set is very nice.  Dense soft, great for buffing. 

Sonia Kashuk Brush Couture Kabuki Brush

Mary Kay – Based on this horrible Mineral Foundation brush I will never buy a Mary Kay brush.  Its bad enough to deserve mentioning.   I'm mad because they ONLY been around forEVA and they made this mess.  SMH. 

Mary Kay® Mineral Foundation Brush

The Good:

Elf Studio Brushes – I know some of you ladies just got most of these for $3 total.  Money well spent.   These brushes range from so, so to great.  I posted the ones I really love in the thread here: http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/drugstore-make-up_topic368444_page106.html.  The shading brushes are good and to be honest some of these brushes are just excellent and simple.  I think the powder brush, blush brush and foundation brush are not really substantial enough to do the job but I have found them great for applying liquid treatments (primer, eye primer, moisturize and for those who use MOM they are awesome for that!  A lot less messy.)  Anyway, you get more than what you pay for with these.

The Better to Best:

Real Techniques – Perfectly priced value, great brushes!   My favorite part of this collection is all of the medium to large brushes.  The small brushes (purple) aren’t really anything special and the foundation brushes (if you like those) are better for applying treatment stuff again but I highly recommend these overall:

BTW:  Ultimate Brush in this set is the Expert Face Brush.  Its short, packed and just the right size for contouring and other liquid applications.  It would be a good alternative for the Cover FX one Rumy posted if you don’t want to spend the $38.  It saved meCry

The big powder brush was the love of my life until I lost my mind over the IT Cosmetics brush.  Even though its smaller than the new brush its still way bigger by most powder brushes I’ve seen.

1 - Powder Brush 1

They are very soft, do what they say, they don’t shed, they don’t bleed and they are easy to clean.  I just love them and I’ve been very happy with them for over a year of continued use. 

Sigma SIGMAX Kabuki and Precision – Excellent, well made unique line (well it was until it was copiedLOL).  I love these brushes.  They are rock solid.  Very dense but very soft.  No shedding, no bleeding, just perfect brushes.  I would buy these all over again.  This was my first real “set”.  Still going strong and still loved to death by me.

Sigma Eye and Precision Brushes – I love these.  The shading brush is excellent, love the liner brush and the blending brushes to death.  Also the E30 (white one) is a pencil shadow brush.  Perfect for doing corner eye highlights and doing liner using shadow.  This is another area where Sigma does very well.  I don't use the Real Technique small brushes much because between these and Elf I have everything I could want. 

Other Sigma stuff I love

Very affordable ($40 or less with coupon) works great!!  Its not always in stock though.  Very high demand I guess but these run well over $100 for most brands. 

I use this Sigma Dry N Shape every time I clean my brushes.  It stands up if you bi-fold and you can let the brushes dry upside down.  They keep the shape solid and somehow helps them dry fast and perfect.  The brush is squeezed by the elastic which helps dry and shape the brushes.  I wish it had more space. 

sigma-dry-n-shape

I also use the cases from the Real Technique brushes for drying.  Just put them in upside down and use the brush guard thingy for the ones that need shaping:

The Brush Guard (2)

The Brush Guard (9)

That’s all I can think of right now.  Hopefully my mistakes will be to your benefit.  You could try the same ones I love and hate them and vice versa so take it for what it is.   These are the ones I’ve used for a while.   Maybe others will chime in to agree or tell y’all I’m crazyLOL. 

I need a few weeks on the ones this thread made me buy I just boughtEmbarrassed

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Mar 19 2014 at 2:23pm
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 2:07pm
LOL
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 2:26pm
The other awesome thing about the RT brushes is that they don't really have a ferrule which makes it so much easier to clean the handle part as well as the brush.  No water getting in the wood (no wood).   
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 2:34pm
wow.
thank you kfox
Clap
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 2:36pm
KfoxxClap

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 218219220221222 601>
  Share Topic