BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Drugstore Make up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7677787980 581>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 12 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 11:40am
Coke there are several answers to before or after.  If you have just a little bit to conceal after is good because its just spot treating.  If you have hyper-pigmentation I would say color correction and concealer first.  If you're like me you do it before and after to get a good "sandwich" of coverage in certain areasLOL

I happen to have both hyper-pigmentation AND angry redness. 

My best case scenario is to conceal, foundation, powder set and not have to touch it again so it doesn't get messed up.  I wish it worked for me every time but with combination skin its hard work to keep the oily parts matte and the dry parts moist which usually results in one of those areas needing more work by the time I'm done. 
Sponsored Links

ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 11:47am
What kind of routine are you looking for Coco?

Everyday foundation routine? One with highlighting and contouring?
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 11:49am
okay thanks. 

i dont think i have hyper pigmentation besides a spot or two or dark under eyes.. i just like that bright eyed look.. i guess ill try after.. 

eta, idk shady.. i think i just want to improve period.. i want to try highlighting/contouring and all that.. i need to be able to be beat if i have a function without having to go to sephora or somewhere for someone to do it.. 
but i want a more natural looking 'beat' if thats possible.. 

Edited by coconess - Mar 02 2014 at 11:51am
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 11:52am
if you want the bright eyed look...i would try after with a shade or 2 lighter than your foundation. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 11:58am
i love the bright eyed look as well.

you can try hitting those lids with something a lil lighter too.  i simply use a primer (ruby kisses is my eye primer of choice...but I've heard good things about wet and wild fergie primer)  and a lighter pressed powder (i love loreal true match applied a lil heavier for this...i have a shade lighter i bought when i was trying to find my right color)

i do this now whether i wear eye shadow or not and it makes a huge difference.

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Mar 02 2014 at 12:16pm
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

if you want the bright eyed look...i would try after with a shade or 2 lighter than your foundation. 

I agree.  You can also use the LA Pro Conceal if you don't have a lighter foundation.  I think Toffee or Fawn will work good for you depending on your undertone.   I was using Toffee but it is too close to my color so it wasn't really doing anything like you said with Destiny's mix.  I switched to I think Honey Beige and it's really good.  Having multiple colors has really been a benefit.  Before this thread I could NEVER get that bright eye thing to work for me.  NEVER.  I didn't want to experiment with MAC @ $18 each and these gave me just what I wanted and I found several options that work great.  Several options to mix for a TOTAL of $18LOL
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 12:07pm
i know exactly what you mean kfoxx.. the mac prolong wear concealer i have didnt work for me with the bright eyed thing cus it wasnt light enough.. i like how i can experiment (if i stop being lazy..) with the LA girls.. 

thanks guys.. 

one more question.. 
when you mix colors.. do you put them into something and stir? put them on the back of your hand and swivel? or put layer them on your face..? 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 12:09pm
yes.  for $2.99 each i can afford to try errr thang! 

i am going to practice soon on my friends faces as well...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 12:13pm
i simply squeeze a lil out on the back of my hand and just apply/blend together with my fingers...lol

others may have a different approach.Embarrassed

regardless, the la girls blend beautifully, imo.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 12:15pm
oh and the natural no makeup but still beat look is what i was ultimately going for as well....lol
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7677787980 581>
  Share Topic