Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Drugstore Make up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 370>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 12 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:15am
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

I've never used them but i was initially thinking about how dirty they'd end up looking.. i can see that… 

but in the box they look pretty and all shiny/golden…  

They are sooooo pretty.

I use Dr. Bronner Lavender to clean my brushes.  They look brand new every single time like I just bought them the day before.  If you're new to brush cleaning just be sure to dry them upside down and don't let water get down in them and sit.  Youtube has lots of videos and how tos. 

Sponsored Links

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:35am
lol. ladies like kfoxx said take it as an opportunity to relax, pamper yourself and learn.  your own personal "me" time...  Tongue 

i play my music and just have fun with it. 

i also like to use a really soft med size flat foundation brush to apply my make up remover precisely on the eye area and a very soft ultra thin microfiber cloth to wipe between the looks.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:39am
10000% co-sign on dr bronners for cleaning brushes.  it is the bomb.com

i also use a flexirod (you could probably use any long skinny rod like item) to dry my brushes upside down.  i take a rubber band and to hold the brush handles to the end the flexirod and stand/lean the flexirod up against a wall...with the brush bristles facing downward...with a towel under....this is perfect for when i am traveling...
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 10:09am
@ coco.. I can do my face, mascara, blush, foundation.. .trying to get highlighting but these damn eyes. That rickety ass liner application must stop. Also, I need a better concealer. I can always see it when I wear it alone

I bought some sonia kaschuk brush cleaner like 2 years ago, used it on m Sephora brush.. that poor thing shed so bad. I still have the full bottle. Im going to try it on an elf brush... it wont hurt so bad if it messes up.

Edited by Ming - Feb 28 2014 at 10:09am
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 10:15am
TC.. why did I copy and paste your tut into word Practice this weekend. Imma go to work with a full face tomorrow, for half a shift.

I agree with the colors... I need the application.. I also have eye issues which makes it seemingly impossible, almost like guess work.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 10:16am
thanks kfoxx. 
i use that soap to bathe 
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 10:41am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

I've never used them but i was initially thinking about how dirty they'd end up looking.. i can see that… 

but in the box they look pretty and all shiny/golden…  

They are sooooo pretty.

I use Dr. Bronner Lavender to clean my brushes.  They look brand new every single time like I just bought them the day before.  If you're new to brush cleaning just be sure to dry them upside down and don't let water get down in them and sit.  Youtube has lots of videos and how tos. 

Kfoxx thanks I was using Baby shampoo to clean my brushes...Let me stay out of this thread I keep spending money every dayCry
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 11:53am
i think i can do those things too ming… but it can def be better.. 

and i think i need to find the right foundation.. the last time i think i looked like my face would melt off… 
idk if it was cus it was a warm day and i sweated a little (which I'm not used to) or my application.. 

eyeliner.. i know the wing looks diff on both eyes.. i just can't.. 

i really must get my life about these things..  
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 12:01pm
Good Advice TC !!! You covered all the bases
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 12:05pm
i didnt use a primer that day though.. maybe thats why  
i have mufe HD primer somewhere.. 

do you guys always use one? 
i forgot to get that chaffing gel stuff 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training