Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Drugstore Make up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6364656667 355>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 12 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 1:21am
I've never used them but i was initially thinking about how dirty they'd end up looking.. i can see that… 

but in the box they look pretty and all shiny/golden…  
Sponsored Links

CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 3:45am
rimmel vinyl lipglosses are amazing...pigmented,  not too sticky and super cheap!
Soratachi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Soratachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 4:16am
I love this website!!!

International shipping and a lot of stuff I can't find in Ireland.

http://www.iherb.com/BrandsAZ

Coupon code available too.SmileWink
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 5:48am
Anyone tried Evelyn Lozada products, some of her shadows look pretty. I think I'm gonna order her brush set based on the cute colors...
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 7:50am
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

I wish I could do eye makeup. I see so many pretty colors in the BSS/ drug store. I can barely line my eyes. I don't practice enough tho.. I haven't worn contacts since NYE

Also, choosing lipstick is so damn difficult

i totally know what you mean.  i would go get my face done and love the eye look.  purchase everything they used and never be able to recreate the look...in fact i would always end up looking like i was going out for Halloween...LOLCry

i gave up on eyes for a long time.  i would only do my liner (and not even that good LOLDead) and some individual lashes and call it a day.

imo, learning the areas of YOUR eye is waaaay more important than the actual colors you apply.

find out where your crease is.  it should be right below where that bone on your eyebrow is.  take your finger and press gently against your eyelid and roll upward...you should feel the bone. right in there is your crease.  when starting i would suggest NOT taking intense color too far past (above) the crease especially in the inner 2/3 area toward your nose. 

the area below your crease is your lid...imo that is where you can really get cray cray with your colors...your crease is where you start to stop the foolishness...lol and get more subtle.

i also think a good general rule is to make your outer V a little darker than the rest of the eye look.

in general...to find the outer V...focus on the lower outer (toward your ear) 1/3 of the eye (and just slightly above the brow bone we talked about earlier )

take your brush handle and make a diagonal line from the outer corner of your eye to where your eye brow ends.  (side note: for the love of gawd and everything holy do not put any color past (toward your ear) that imaginary line...just don't do it until you are more experienced.) 

the color for the outer V shouldn't go too far above that bone we talked about earlier.  how far you take the dark color going toward your nose for the outer V depends on how dramatic you are trying to be...but in general when you are starting out i would suggest not going too far past the half way mark. 

and most importantly blend blend blend the edges between the lid/crease/outer V.

ok now that i have gone on and on and on...lemme see if i can find a good video...Dead

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Feb 28 2014 at 9:26am
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 8:11am
ok take back what i said about how to find your crease...because if you have a hooded lid what i said won't work!

this lady does a very good job of explaining it actually...

zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 8:32am
Dang TC gave us a detailed protocol...had me measuring my creases and V's
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 8:40am
IA with everything TC said.  All very good advice and you do have to modify if you have hooded eyes but I generally follow the rules TC laid out.   For hooded eye / asian eye you can do a lot of really nice looks.  Its not a bad thing at all, just a different shape/type and you can do any look you see just modify for your eye type.  Until I learned how to modify for my hooded eye my eyeshadow would disappear every time I opened my eyesLOL

To add to everything TC said it just takes some practice.  Doing makeup is a good way to relax and pamper yourself.  Keep your remover handy and do it a few times, nobody is watching and who cares its fun!  Just keep practicing until you have that "aha" moment of what works for you. 

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Feb 28 2014 at 8:42am
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 8:45am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Where's Jones & kfoxx?!Angry

Y'all O's made me try some lip gloss. I got nanacoco lip gloss in choco latteHeart. Very nice alone or on a dark lipstick.

LOL Girl bye!  You didn't do no damage in that bss at all.  You only bought ONE????  How did you not buy Hidden? No outrage from you missy until you have no room for stuff on your vanity and you have to reorganize a little to make roomEvil Smile
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 8:54am
Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

Dang TC gave us a detailed protocol...had me measuring my creases and V's

gyal..I was feeling for my crease as I read.LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions