Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Drugstore Make up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 592>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 4.08  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 8:54am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

OK anyone looking for Matte lipsticks then WetnWild is the way to go. They have great pigmented colors that are just as good as the Mac matte lipsticks. Mac $17-$25 vs. $1.98 BOOM!!!

Its so crazy right??  Wet N Wild has some great stuff that makes you scratch your head on why its so inexpensive. 

Black Radiance is the WetNWild for Black Women and I find the exact same quality between the two brands even though BR is more expensiveAngry  For some reason I don't mind separating that brand and making it exclusive to us.   That way they keep making good colors and things that look great on our skin.  They put a lot more into packaging and presentation as well as offer beautiful baked products you don't get from the Wet N Wild line.  We're worth itTongue

WNW and BR make it so easy to build a decent collection on a budget.   Even with a few misses you can't really go wrong.
Sponsored Links

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 8:59am
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

Sometimes I wear eyeshadow, and If I do decide to wear eyeshadow, I stick to basic beige, gold, and brown colors or soft muted colors. Definitely no smoky eye, especially with black shadows. TO ME, that's more of a night time look.

Yes neutral eyes is the way to go for work and with that look you can just add some "smoke" to it at night and have a whole new look.  

Also seems like there a much better nude lip options for me now that make the look complete.   My little spring shopping spree has given me 5 "nudey" lips colors that look really good with our skin. 

Thanks to you guys and this threadHeart
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 9:03am
In light of new developments I bought the eye palette on page 55. I also won a bid on two skinny scunci scarves on ebay for $0.99. I kinda felt guilty cuz I knew I was gonna win cuz the bid was almost over and I was the first bidder. I almost bid $4 but I had to stop myself. Finding a good deal is what ebay is for. I think I'm gonna get the coastal scents stuff too. I'll give myself a little more time to think about it.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 9:03am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

Kfox said even with her sigma and real technique brushes she still reaches for elf...
I guess it can't hurt to have them all..

TruthLOL.  That flat top brush and the angled brush E.L.F. gets used almost every day.  I have a couple sets of SK brushes as well and I like them too but no one set has all the tools I need/use.  They have different brushes in each maker IMO.  Even with all the brushes I have there aren't a lot of dupes between Sigma, RT, E.L.F., SK, Eco etc.   As you're building your brush collection you'll find uses for them that some brushes do nicely, others no so much.

And that E.L.F. set for $3.00 ShockedShocked.  There are at least three brushes in that set I would have paid $6.00 for individually because they do things other brushes are just not perfect for. 
Elf is an inexpensive alternative and saved me many times but once you're ready to get a nice full set I would recommend investing in the RT brushes hands down.  Well made set with almost everything you'll ever need.

thanks kfoxx.. youre very helpful 

i honestly dont know which brush to use for what.. i just know angled for blush.. and the little angled one for eyeliner.. if they're not labeled then I'm lost and just grab one.. 
i just need to be more into practicing and watching videos/learning.. vs. buying.. 
ill never really get it if i dont experiment.

i didnt go back for the SK last night cus i didnt want my food to get cold but ill get it today.. they were pretty. 

does everyone agree that real technique is like the best..? 
they aren't expensive.. ill get those too. 

ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 9:06am
I genuinely love WnW lipsticks, especially the ones in the black tubes.

NYC also has some lipstick gems. They had this color called Blue Rose or something like that. Every time I wore it, people would ask if it was MAC's Up The Amp.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 9:09am
I wanna slap myself now. The coastal scents brush set is now out of stock Damn me!
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 9:11am
Coco, don't get caught up in what brushes are labeled as.

Of course there are some things that just work better like your eyeliner example, but do what works for you.

I use a powder brush for my liquid foundation, and love using a blush brush for under eye concealer and blending.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 9:26am
thanks shady ill keep that in mind. 

MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 9:33am
Ladies any recommendations on brow sets or coutour kits for black woman?
thanks 
I have the sleek contour set in dark...
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 10:14am
There are hella brush sets on ebay but no real way of knowing if they're worth a damn...

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 592>
  Share Topic