Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Drugstore Make up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 356>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 12 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 11:53pm
Neutrogena make up remover & then Neutrogena facial cleanser or Black soap to clean my face.

I really like the Black Opal stick foundations. after trying them in the daylight. It looks very yellow at first but after applying and blending you should let it 'warm up' on your skin by letting it sit for about 10 min. The youtube reviewer said this and I thought she was playing until I tried it today.
Sponsored Links

Girl101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Girl101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 12:21am
I bought the revlon photoready bb cream, will try it out tomorrow..

Anyone tried this lip brand they have at wal mart

So far I like it, not bad at all. It's super cheap.

On a sidenote I ended up buying the diorshow mascara! Idk when I'll be using it since I don't wear mascara much, but I'm too hype about it lol...

Edited by Girl101 - Feb 23 2014 at 12:27am
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 3:05am
the FLOWER BRAND is created by Drew Barrymore...heard pretty good things about her line..

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 4:44am
There's a sale on the elf Studio brush collection--$3 with a $30 order. But I can't think of anything from elf I need that would add up to $30.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 4:45am
Brushes are 35% off at Coastal Scents too.

Edited by liesnalibis - Feb 23 2014 at 11:23am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 4:54am
Pretty much all of elf's lippies are sold out. Did they just have a huge sale or something?
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 4:59am
I just bought this the other day..sleek (uk brand for woc) bb cream in "dark"..looking back on it, I should have picked up "medium" as well so I can mix the two since it's winter and my skin is more yellow

the texture and coverage is really good..I think it was sandy who was asking about it a while back.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 5:02am
Eh I went ahead and ordered some stuff from elf. 2 lipsticks, some tinted moisturizers, 2 BB creams, a powder, then added the brushes on and used the coupon. It's been awhile and I needed a pick-me-up.

#8501511 Piece Brush Collection$3.00 $30.001$3.00
#83102Translucent Matifying Powder -
Tinted
$3.001$3.00
#83266BB Cream SPF 20 -
Dark
$6.002$12.00
#83226Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 -
Mocha
$3.004$12.00
#82466Matte Lip Color -
Rich Red
$3.001$3.00
#82632Moisturizing Lipstick -
Cheeky
$3.001$3.00

Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 9:13am
Originally posted by uNaTtaiNAblE88 uNaTtaiNAblE88 wrote:

Oooh, oooh, I have makeup questions! Drugstore, but not really, I'm hoping someone can help me out tho.

I am using Ben Nye's banana powder over my undereye highlight, and I've noticed that it separates after a little bit of time on my face. does anyone else experience this? I"m trying to figure out why, is it reacting with the formula of my concealer? (Mac Pro Longwear). Is it because it's a loose powder so it doesn't "stick" well? is it reacting poorly with my primer or my finishing spray? my brush? yo no se. I really like the powder color, it tones down the brightness of the concealer while still being light enough to act as a highlight, so if I have to switch something else out, I don't mind doing that.

Also, I wanna try out the La Girl pro concealers, but they don't sell them in my area so I have to order them online. Anybody know what the dupe is to nc42 in Mac's concealer?

Thank You!

Try the Mac Select concealer. I use that with Ben Nye on top and haven't experienced any issues.

I haven't used the LA Girl concealers yet. Im about to order 3 actually because I have to do someone's face for an event next month. Going by the swatches online Im thinking Warm Honey or Fawn. Hopefully someone else can chime in.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 11:17am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Neutrogena make up remover & then Neutrogena facial cleanser or Black soap to clean my face.

I really like the Black Opal stick foundations. after trying them in the daylight. It looks very yellow at first but after applying and blending you should let it 'warm up' on your skin by letting it sit for about 10 min. The youtube reviewer said this and I thought she was playing until I tried it today.

Yes especially the Truly Topaz.  It warms up a lot compared to the application color.  That sh*t can throw you off with foundation.  A lot of times I'm guilty of hating it in 3 seconds.  I'm better now though and I usually wait until it is completely dry before judging the color.   Your skin, the amount of oil, ph, your temperature all have to settle and blend with the makeup.  Who knew?LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 356>