Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Drugstore Make up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 347>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 12 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 10:21am
Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

so what would y'all recommend as a daily products for a lazy minimalist woman. I currently use Iman's BB cream, fill in the eyebrows and clear lipgloss.  My skin is dry and generally clear, other than a few spots of hyper-pigmentation. I'd like to do more but i dont know how or what to do and I'm one of those dark-skinned women who are afraid of color-lipstick/gloss LOL

That's not a bad thing really.   Especially when you have really nice skin.

The thing is you have to find things you won't mind spending a little money on (like wet n' wild and other cheapies) and just spend a few hours "playing make-up" until you find things you like.  Look at magazines etc for women your same complexion and see what attracts your eye.   It took me years to figure out what I liked and now I love everythingLOL.
Sponsored Links

slayfresh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slayfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 10:22am
one makeup brand I stalk and cry over is Essence. They're collections are so big and cool looking and almost none of it comes over to the US.

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 10:25am
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

the other thread turned into an all around makeup thread.. we were discussing mac and other not high end things.. and the most recent page had mentioned shea moisture line coming to target.. 

ijs it could have used all this input.. 

I don't know how we ended up over in this one but its like a continuation of that discussion I think.   
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 10:27am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

so what would y'all recommend as a daily products for a lazy minimalist woman. I currently use Iman's BB cream, fill in the eyebrows and clear lipgloss.  My skin is dry and generally clear, other than a few spots of hyper-pigmentation. I'd like to do more but i dont know how or what to do and I'm one of those dark-skinned women who are afraid of color-lipstick/gloss LOL

That's not a bad thing really.   Especially when you have really nice skin.

The thing is you have to find things you won't mind spending a little money on (like wet n' wild and other cheapies) and just spend a few hours "playing make-up" until you find things you like.  Look at magazines etc for women your same complexion and see what attracts your eye.   It took me years to figure out what I liked and now I love everythingLOL.
Thanks...I'll be headed to Walgreens today and grab a few play items. I'll def try that monistat gel too Big smile
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 10:36am
Originally posted by slayfresh slayfresh wrote:

one makeup brand I stalk and cry over is Essence. They're collections are so big and cool looking and almost none of it comes over to the US.

I see Ulta has some stuff from them.  Is this the same brand?  I feel like I saw it somewhere in a local store?  Or maybe in Manhattan?  That logo looks familiar.  Anything you would recommend as a try?  The pricing is very decentThumbs Up

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 10:41am

what are the medium-darkish ladies using for that inside peachy colored eye liner/highlighter? 

I've been using the Bobby Brown Bisque but it is too oily and I have to use a lot of the powder in the kit to make it stay put.   I have the kit that came with a light concealer, bisque and a yellow powder.   I just ordered the LA Girl Pro Conceal Medium Bisque so I'm hoping that works better.

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Feb 17 2014 at 10:42am
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 10:48am
kfoxx, you use that on the inner part of your eye? 

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 10:49am
I really like those wet and wild mega last lipsticks .
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 10:54am

kfoxx, you use that on the inner part of your eye? 

Oh no!   I know what you mean now.  I have a bunch of Ulta eyeshadow pencils that I use and then I like silver for that as well.  I just bought a silver from nanacoco but the one I loved was an E.L.F. silver that came in a kit.   So what I use most is eyeshadow because there are more color options.   Just need the right brush and it seems to work best if you wet it a little. 

Ulta Shadow Pencil:

I use this brush for eyeshadow (wet and dry):

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Feb 17 2014 at 10:55am
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 11:06am
Oh I can contribute something Big smile

I watched this vid last summer and ive been doing my nails like she does and my manis last 2 weeks before they start chipping. At the time I was searching for gel kit vids coz i was planning buying the gel kit but saw this vid and tried this method first so dont need the gel anymore:

I bought Nail Envy the Original, its like $15 at Ulta and Amazon has it for $10:

I buff my nails then apply 1 coat of nail envy, then 2 coats of your regular nail polish (i have a ton of $1 polishes, so it doesnt have to be expensive), then 1 more coat of nail envy and finally top coat (i use seche vite-$10 @ Ulta- bcoz when it dries it looks like glass).

The idea is to sandwich your nail polish with the nail envy. Minimum 2 weeks on nails and on toes I go at least a month before i need to work on my cuticles, or if I just want to change color

ETA: I quickly realized because the nail polish stays on so strong, regular removers dont work well, or rather you need a lot of it, so i bought this pure acetone from walgreens, which removes old nail polish in seconds:

Edited by zolloh - Feb 17 2014 at 11:20am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System