Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Drugstore Make up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 592>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 4.08  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drugstore Make up
    Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 8:14am
What are some nice drugstore or drugstore priced make up brands.

I'm really really want to purchase SheaMoisture make up and I don't even know if it's good or not. It just looks pretty.
I believe the SheaMoisture brand will be in the drug store price range but until then what are some decent drugstore make up options.

I was looking into foundation sticks .

I just ran out of Mac Skinfinish or whatever it was...
I want something like that

Edited by jonesable - Feb 13 2014 at 8:15am
Sponsored Links

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 8:33am
hey jones...i use loreal true match powder in place of mac skin finish.  it can go a tad more opaque if you apply with a heavy hand.  but i use this brursh (for both) which applys very sheerly and evenly...

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 8:35am
What is the powder for ?
Does it give a matte like finsh?

I need to re up on makeup and I don't think I've found the right one for me.
I honestly don't want to spend more than 25 -30 bucks on a foundation .

But I will have to go to more work/school events this year and I don't want a shiny greasy face.

Edited by jonesable - Feb 13 2014 at 8:39am
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 8:37am
I have that brush.

Thanks TC and SL .
I'm on the hunt this weekend.

Plus my boo's family is hosting a Vday party and I want to look put together
purple.chuckz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote purple.chuckz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 8:38am
People swear by Black Opal's makeup sticks. 
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 8:40am
Revlon Colorstay is the only drug store foundation that worked for me but the color selection sucks. Iman has a nice color selection but didn't work on my oily skin.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 8:42am

that loreal powder behaves very much like mac skin finish, imo.  it mattifies (sp) and kind of makes everything else (blush ect ect) look air brushed and pulled together.  i think it is about $8 and that brush is around the same... 

it can also be built up if you are going for more coverage...which i rarely do...but i would suggest a finishing spray if you go that route (i use mac...its ok...but i'm looking for a good drug store alternative)...tone down the powdery look right after applying, which will tone down anyway over time...but you may not want to walk out the door looking powder/casket/ready..lol
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 8:43am
I have some bare minerals samples on the way...and a coupon .

Nothing is open today here
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 8:50am
oh and as for foundation/concealor i am currently using la girls pro conceal and ruby kisses hd setting powder in clear.  love it.

you can only get at the beauty supply tho.

i use the elf blush brush to set powder...

ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 8:52am
If you want to try a foundation stick, I love the videos I've seen with the Black Opal foundation stick. I haven't tried it yet, cuz I was waiting to run out of a few things I was already using.

Everyone says it goes on creamy, but the finish is velvet.

I'm almost out of my Revlon Colorstay, and definitely will be trying the Black Opal foundation sticks next if I can find them conveniently.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 592>
  Share Topic