Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Drugstore Make up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7778798081 601>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 4.08  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 12:19pm
@TC Hell yes on the lid with the lightening.  Another problem area.  Ruby Kisses and Fergie are both good.  I go back and forth between those two. 

I brush/blend Milani Baked Bronzer in Soleil on my entire lid using the Sigma E50 when I'm not doing shadows and it looks beautiful yet very nuetral. 

Milani Baked Bronzer Review and Swatches 26

Sponsored Links

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

i simply squeeze a lil out on the back of my hand and just apply/blend together with my fingers...lol

others may have a different approach.Embarrassed

regardless, the la girls blend beautifully, imo.

Once again I agree with this beautiful young ladyHeart.  I only use my little ceramic dish when I'm mixing a bunch of stuff for the first time to see how different things look.

TBH I think using the back of your hand is the best palette you can get.  Make-up has to adjust to your body chemistry anyway so the back of your hand is a good warm-up spot for mixingWink
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 12:26pm
thanks.
getting dressed now.. 

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I haven't found a lipstick that I'm ok with wearing.
It just seems like it's too much for me. 

Sang you have to try the Nanacoco glosses.  I have this struggle with lipstick as well.  It just never really like the way that it looks.  Just too much most of the time.  I'm very partial to glosses and I can't even tell you how much I love, love, love these.   The are perfect.  Just the right amount of everything w/o seeming overdone or underdone.   I bought a lot of them and I really can't even pick a favorite.  They are all wearable for everyday. 

Also that Nude Chic Balm from Jordana is heaven sent.  Another perfect choice for very pretty lips w/o wearing actual lipstick. 
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 12:36pm
I think I can skip the new Milani matte blushes TBH.  While I was playing makeup last light I pulled out my BR Raspberry and when hubby came into my little play room he was drooling.  It looked really pretty and I forget how much he loves me with blush on.   I forget to add it most of the time but I'm stepping my game up again thanks once again to the best thread everLOL

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 12:41pm
kfoxx i have that BR raspberry and idk.. i didnt care for it.. it seemed like too much.. 
i tried the toasted almond too and it didnt really seemed like it took ALOT to show.. 

idk if it was my technique or its too close to my color or what… 

Edited by coconess - Mar 02 2014 at 12:45pm
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 12:55pm
coco i had a bad toasted almond i think...lol.  the one i have now is nice.  and while i love the milani coralina it took a lil more to get it to pop like i wanted it too lol.  neither are as pigmented as the la colors girls blush in my humble opinion...

try coral heat or the satin flush if you can get your hands on them.  like i told cc...i think these would look very pretty on darker skin tones...

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Mar 02 2014 at 1:09pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Once again I agree with this beautiful young ladyHeart

Heart
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 12:57pm
ia blush is the bizness...and can take you from...ok ok ok...to...oh wow...if done correctly...
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 1:03pm
If not for the trusty stippling blush I would not touch these highly pigmented colors.  It gives me total control.   If you use a very dense brush its over before the first stroke so try this method. 

TC I'm going to try some of the LA Colors blush.  These are actually in my drugstore and easy to find.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style