Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Break Outs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Drinking water for acne?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>

Author
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2011 at 3:31pm
Extra Virgin Olive Oil breaks me out too if used on the skin but Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is great for it as well as Almond oil.
Sponsored Links

.hott.pink. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .hott.pink. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2011 at 8:59pm
Am I crazy for documenting each of these 30 days with pictures?

I take a photo of my left cheek, right cheek, and forehead every night after washing my face.  I just wanna see the difference after the 30 days is up.
SimplisticLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimplisticLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2011 at 10:51am
Originally posted by .hott.pink. .hott.pink. wrote:

I take a photo of my left cheek, right cheek, and forehead every night after washing my face.  I just wanna see the difference after the 30 days is up.

not crazy .. u need to see the progress !
xoxoLove-Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xoxoLove-Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2011 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by SimplisticLove SimplisticLove wrote:

not crazy .. u need to see the progress !

IA,more people do this than you think Wink including myself...
xoxoLove-Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xoxoLove-Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2011 at 5:41pm
Also ladies,I been reading about the aspirin mask..I decided to do it and it works so well! I have little bumps on my face,and when I use the mask,they shrink more & more. Thumbs Up
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2011 at 5:48pm
Have you considered giving up dairy? (just as an experiment?) Assuming you're like me and don't drink milk and only eat ice cream on occasion, there is surprisingly dairy in a lot of other stuff we eat. My sister swore up an down butter made her break out.. and I laughed it off.. but i believe her now. After doing some research, a lot of dermatologists believe it is either the cause of some acne, or makes it worse

I usually ONLY drink water, but every month it seemed I would get one big bump around the time of my period, but then for awhile I had started to get an occasional bump or 2 on my forehead. Sounds OK.. but I scar super easy.. and Im currently the color of computer paper.. so,, not so good. I decided to go Vegan for Lent, and sure enough I didn't get one bump at all. Then when I started incorporating things that had dairy again, sure enough, an occasional bump came back.. this time on my chin area.. which is worse in my opinion 

Edited by Lite Brite - Sep 25 2011 at 5:49pm
.hott.pink. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .hott.pink. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2011 at 6:01pm
So I was reading up about taking zinc for acne and started taking a supplement.

NEVER AGAIN.

It caused me to have the worst cramps of my life yesterday...vomiting, shivering, sweating, everything.  Zinc apparently decreases the calcium levels in your body.  Know what calcium supplements are good for in women?  Preventing cramps.  

So eff that.
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2011 at 3:01am
Did you take it with food? And how many mg were you taking?

Edited by khivey - Sep 26 2011 at 3:02am
Sarah7821 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah7821 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2012 at 6:20am
ClearPores Acne Treatment - http://www.clearpores.com/ct/99781 Just wanted to write and say that I'm VERY satisfied with my purchase.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2012 at 3:56pm

Has anybody seen good results when they drink a lot of water to clear up their acne?

How long did it take and did your skin purge before it cleared?

About three months or so.   But keep in mind I have cystic acne.  So mine was severe.  Plus I cut out pop and sugary drinks from my diet.  My vice is teas and I use pure stevia, just a touch though.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style