Drinking water for acne?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
.hott.pink. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .hott.pink. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drinking water for acne?
    Posted: Sep 10 2011 at 12:55pm
Has anybody seen good results when they drink a lot of water to clear up their acne?

How long did it take and did your skin purge before it cleared?
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2011 at 12:59pm
it helped with regular acne but not for cystic breakouts i get every few month.  
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .hott.pink. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2011 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

How long did it take and did your skin purge before it cleared.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2011 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by .hott.pink. .hott.pink. wrote:

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

How long did it take and did your skin purge before it cleared.

i really didnt go through a purging phase.  it just started clearing up over time. the more consistent i was with my water intake the less breakouts i had.   ive been on the water kick 1 year this month.
mixedgirl06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mixedgirl06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2011 at 5:17pm
I used to drink nothing but cans and cans of soda everyday, I wouldn't drink any kind of water, ever. Then one day I just stopped with the soda and stuck to water and I did notice that after about of week of doing that it helped with breakouts. I still don't drink the 8 glasses a day or whatever because I'm starting small, but if I did drink that then I would feel comfortable saying that I think my acne problems would mostly stop or at least become less frequent than what they are now. I also have a very sensitive face and anything I put on it causes breakouts so Im still having trouble finding a good wash and lotion..once I find something that works I think that + the water will have me pretty clear.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .hott.pink. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2011 at 8:51pm
I've just put myself on a personal challenge I'm calling "30 Days of Water."  

I really need my skin to clear up, this is becoming aggravating.
theresag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2011 at 9:00pm

not to get all philosophical, but in essence, water is the basis of all life. That personal challenge is great!... but why stop at 30? Learn to love water and all of the benefits it has and make that into a lifestyle change

Every aspect of your body needs it... including your skin. I've had a long battle with acne and now no one would ever know! Drinking water will definitely help....it may take some weeks before you see a dramatic difference. Keep in mind that water alone will not clear your acne, you also need a great skin care regimen as well. What are you currently doing for your skin care now? 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .hott.pink. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2011 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by theresag theresag wrote:

not to get all philosophical, but in essence, water is the basis of all life. That personal challenge is great!... but why stop at 30? Learn to love water and all of the benefits it has and make that into a lifestyle change

Every aspect of your body needs it... including your skin. I've had a long battle with acne and now no one would ever know! Drinking water will definitely help....it may take some weeks before you see a dramatic difference. Keep in mind that water alone will not clear your acne, you also need a great skin care regimen as well. What are you currently doing for your skin care now? 

No idea.

I was using Clean & Clear with St. Ives Apricot Scrub and my face was doing well.  But then I ran out of the St. Ives and when I went to pick up some more I decided to be frugal and buy the Equate Wal-Mart brand--my face broke out in hives!  Like, my face itched.

So I laid off and started doing the oil-cleansing method to help my skin calm down in the meantime.  Worked well for a week and then my face broke out badly a couple of days ago.  I should have stopped while I was ahead.

Mind you, nothing has changed except my skin care routines, so I've ruled out everything else.

I'm thinking of just drinking the water, exfoliating with my homemade honey & sugar scrub twice a week, and leaving my face alone for the time being.  I really can't take this anymore, this cycle of clear skin then rough skin.  Not to mention the acne scars it leaves behind.  Last time I saw a dermatologist he told me I didn't really need "treatment" and recommended Neutrogena.

Edited by .hott.pink. - Sep 10 2011 at 9:37pm
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2011 at 7:50am
i gave up soda years ago. last february i gave up fruit juice.  i now only drink water and home made tea.  at first i found drinking water difficult.  i tried drinking seltzer water, flavored water, water with fruit slices. last year i discovered that my problem was simply that i didnt like cold water.  in order for me to enjoy it, it has to be room temperature.  now i have no problems drinking as much as i need.
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2011 at 5:09pm
water is good to keep your skin moisturized..and it defintely is good overall but not the only solution..definitely need a good regimen and never slack on your skin care..whatever works..stick with it and don't get the knock off unless the ingredients are the same to the "t". I honestly think you should not do any homemade anything. Just get a good non-fragrant soap to use and drink your water..then slowly add in your home treatments if they work. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic