BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dressing Slexy!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
texasmami0117 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texasmami0117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 9:18am
It couldn't hurt for some of these young girls to see that there are some men out there who aren't looking for you to dress like a video vixen.

I'm just tired of the nude tights....can we just agree to stop that sh*t please
Sponsored Links

blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 1:01pm
Coming from someone who did a complete 360 and went from wearing revealing clothes to dressing modestly, I can say that I don't get harassed as much as I used to. Not saying the same applies for all, but for me the men I encountered after the fact had a different approach. Even before I got into my faith, I was over dressing like that and kinda tired of fellow sisters looking cheap or skanky. 
But I don't see a problem with that FB group though. Sh!t a nicca gotta start from somewhere. 
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

Are you guilty of dressing Slexy? Dead
no ma'am. i was raised full of too much southern shame for that. as liberal as i am, i'm actually more "conservative" in how i dress.  

but just as i have the right to find looking slexy tacky/unbecoming, people have the right to dress how they want.

live ya life. *shrug*
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

but heres the thing though, they can always choose to ignore it and look the other way.

yes some things are in your face but its really quite simple, instead of hopping on a preacherbox and shout about modesty etc etc etc one can easily look away and find modestly dressed women who are still attractive

i swear for every one woman out there i see dressed with asses and titties out, there are two more who counter that.. and i live in south london, so that should say something!

those same guys would probably still smash too

Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

see sometimes men like this get on my nerves...bunch of sanctimonious idiots, I've heard the same thing with respect to hair as well. What they fail to remember is that nobody tells 'queens' what to wear, that's why they're queens therefore everyone else is a lowly commoner or a subject. You don't like it? Mind your own and KIM...it's really that simple.

this & that
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 2:22pm
My butt is big and my hips are wide and my boobs are big so very few things dont have an element of "slexy" when I wear them, and Im totes fine with that. Cant change my body and I'm not wearing pants in 80+ degree weather, so, meh.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 2:36pm
My issue is women not wearing clothes that complement their shape.  I recognize that folks want to be trendy and feel great about their body and what not.  And I understand that a small population does not have the "off the rack" body shape but damn if you want to wear shorts, get some that fit and doesn't have you pulling at your crotch every step you take.  Having your hands near your genitals looks so unseemly.  And please try on the clothes before purchasing them, not buying clothes that you hope one day will fit into them.  Not gonna happen mama.
babycakebabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycakebabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by babycakebabe babycakebabe wrote:

I've noticed on my FB newsfeed for the last few weeks that the black men Im friends with are revolting against this overexposed style. They have been posting like crazy saying that they are not feeling this 'turnt up' 'nekkid' 'sheer', etc attire on the city streets and are tired of seeing panty lines, draws and booty cracks and overflowing breasts through random women's clothes and want to see black women present themselves as Queens. When hetero, attractive dudes have to respectfully request women to chill on the provocative clothes, you know ish is out of control and has crossed the live of sexy to oversexed.

but heres the thing though, they can always choose to ignore it and look the other way.

yes some things are in your face but its really quite simple, instead of hopping on a preacherbox and shout about modesty etc etc etc one can easily look away and find modestly dressed women who are still attractive

i swear for every one woman out there i see dressed with asses and titties out, there are two more who counter that.. and i live in south london, so that should say something!

those same guys would probably still smash too

Yes, we can ignore it too. Im a judgmental mf in some ways, but I do not 'slut-shame' and dont bother to judge the different styles of dress in men and women though I am not going to invite a person that dresses in radical fashion to roll out to the family bbq and family picnic with me. I just let people live while  i mind my own ish. I think that the way that people dress is a manifestation of the sub-culture that they are in and in some cases is a reflection of the level of disenfranchisement that they are experiencing. The disenfranchisement that I feel definitely impacts my style of dress. If that sheer legging is what takes them to a happy place, let them enjoy every moment of it. Though I have always been quite conservative in dress, Im sure that I have worn things back in my day after sundown of course that people have judged and didnt think twice about it.

ETA: In this area, the street style is to wear legging similar to this with a crop top and much more provocative with sheer panels over the butt/side/or near crotch and instead of wearing it at a night club, people are wearing it during the day, chilling and that i what i notice people getting riled up about b/c if ladygaga is provocative in it, you can imagine that it is more umm provocative on a woman shaped differently:

Edited by babycakebabe - Jul 15 2013 at 2:53pm
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 1:29am
^ the above pic is a MESS no matter what body type---- And whomever said that full figured women will look Slexy no mater what is wrong! I am full figured and mystyle is far from Slexy I know how to be alluring without looking ....
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 1:32am
Originally posted by babycakebabe babycakebabe wrote:

I've noticed on my FB newsfeed for the last few weeks that the black men Im friends with are revolting against this overexposed style. They have been posting like crazy saying that they are not feeling this 'turnt up' 'nekkid' 'sheer', etc attire on the city streets and are tired of seeing panty lines, draws and booty cracks and overflowing breasts through random women's clothes and want to see black women present themselves as Queens. When hetero, attractive dudes have to respectfully request women to chill on the provocative clothes, you know ish is out of control and has crossed the live of sexy to oversexed.

Really I hope more brothers take this approach and stop giving attention to women who do this because Some women really think this is what men actually want ???Ouch
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 3:09am
slexy...out in public? no.  I do have a love for sheer or slightly sheer blouses and button downs but I do that sh*t classy.ApproveLOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic