FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dr Phil Man behind Manti Teo Girlfriend Hoax

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 10:47pm
Yea he continued the lie 

I honestly don't understand why this story is such a big deal. I also don't care about football, so meh.

< id="_npwlo" ="applicationpwlo" height="0">
Sponsored Links

Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

i saw it. its funny to me how people dismissed manti's story honestly. 

He still lied, which is what people were harping on. He lied two dozens of people seperately (his parents and separate interviewers) and perpetuated a story when he realized that it was making him a national hero.

he lied to protect the fact that he was being duped. 
which is what anyone who's been that naive/heart on the sleeve should do in that situation. 

And he lied to reporters before knowing and after knowing that he was duped.

does that make a difference? 
does 'hey, i've been lying about it. and this girl is really a guy, and i never met her really' sound?

was he suppose to kill his own dignity for the sake of remaining honest?

What?
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 10:54pm
basically, he continued the web of lies to keep the image up. 
there was no way to take a step back by then. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 10:56pm
I don't think he should've continued lying just to save face. He seems less credible if he continues lying than if he confesses that someone deceived him.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 10:56pm
That's understandable. All I was saying was his lies were why people doubted his story. How do you believe someone when it's obvious a bunch of lies have been told?

Edited by Random Thoughts - Feb 01 2013 at 10:56pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 11:01pm
his surface lies really weren't that terrible. 
but for people to think he made up a whole other persona. chose to kill off that persona on the day his grandmother died.. seemed a bit far reaching. even if you knew his other lies didn't add up. 

but thats just me. i understand what you guys are saying though. tots. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 11:02pm
I initially thought he was a closeted football player and was ashamed of his homosexual relationship.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 11:03pm
I think the surface lie that she was the love of his life, when even Ronniah admits Teo was messing with other girls (and they weren't "together") was pretty crappy. His teammates knew Te'o was full of crap by playing up this relationship with this girl in front of the media, when he was messing other girls. His teammates had real loved ones pass away and didn't get the press Te'o got. It really makes it look like Te'o ran with the story of her being the love of his life when he saw how huge of a story it was becoming.

To me, that's the one that makes me side eye him.

Edited by Random Thoughts - Feb 01 2013 at 11:06pm
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 11:06pm
I wish that this guy had went to someone else other than Dr. Phil. Dr. Phil lacks the credibility that the guy needed to present in order for ppl to believe him. i thought it was a piss poor interview, tbh.

I don't think that ppl were wrong to believe that Teo was involved...he had so many holes in his story and contradictions. And it was suspicious that he kept telling his story even after he knew that it was not true and perpetuating that lie.

I would like to believe that he did that b/c he was following the advice of his ND handlers who believed that they had his best interests at heart...obviously they didn't b/c not only did they do a sh*tty investigation job (a google and lexus/nexus search...really? my 12yr old cousin can do that ish) but they waited until he was signed w/ a different agency and washed their hands of it. that's not right at all.

Teo should have just stopped talking, and when he finally did do an interview (why Katie Couric?? She's too soft for these kinds of things. Jeez, get Barbra Walters or someone else), he should have answered honestly and concisely.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 11:09pm
honestly, when people die, others tend to embellish how much they enjoyed them. 
he was doing too much, but it was just on a larger scale IMO. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>