Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Diets, Diets, and More Diets!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dr Oz 2016 "Day off Diet"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2016 at 10:23pm
I will make more of an effort to do better Carrie but, my wake/sleep habit is so warped.  I am usually awake until 3 a.m, and wake up at 10:30- 11 a.m.  By the time I have my 2nd meal of the day it's already evening.  Too late for another full meal, but hungry around midnight.  It's frustrating.

Thank you for the encouragement Thumbs Up
Sponsored Links

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2016 at 3:15pm
Having a better day today.  Trying to drink more water which is difficult in the cooler months.  Going to disguise it with Ginger and Green Teas.
Love the Lemon water in the morning, but too much acid to have more than that.
Looking forward to Steamed Fish with veggies and Sweet Potato.

Edited by Benni - Feb 19 2016 at 3:19pm
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2016 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Benni Benni wrote:

I will make more of an effort to do better Carrie but, my wake/sleep habit is so warped.  I am usually awake until 3 a.m, and wake up at 10:30- 11 a.m.  By the time I have my 2nd meal of the day it's already evening.  Too late for another full meal, but hungry around midnight.  It's frustrating.

Thank you for the encouragement Thumbs Up

I am not sure what the diet suggests, but I know I eat according to my schedule. If I am up earlier or later it adjusts.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2016 at 7:26pm
@ Carrie. My issue is, If I have Breakfast at noon, and my 2nd meal around 4-5 p.m,  then I am not hungry again until 9 or 10 pm.  I hesitate to eat that late because I am settled in for the night with a book, or on the computer,  and not physically active.  There are snack options because we have a list of vegetables which are unlimited.  
Where I run into a problem... Our Lunch and Dinner recommendations are 3 oz Protein, 1 complex carb, and vegetables at each meal.  Skipping meals, and not having enough protein puts the body in a negative state,  and I frequently miss the last meal because of my issue with the time, and those late night snacks are not properly balanced. 
Not eating enough, even though it's healthy eating, is ineffective to my overall health.

Edited by Benni - Feb 19 2016 at 7:27pm
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2016 at 12:33pm
For myself - If I'm being active, I'll eat my meals (pro and carbs or fats). If I am not active, it's pro and veggies.

Oh and is the weird schedule all the time? And because of school or work?

Edited by carrie - Feb 22 2016 at 12:34pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2016 at 11:14pm
When I work,  it's overnight.   So I am conditioned to be awake to the wee hours of the morning even when I am not working.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2016 at 1:02pm
Surprised that I did not gain weight this week.  Also did not lose.
Still at a total of 10 lbs lost. 
 I was bad this past week, late night eating nuts and flax meal with Agave. On Sunday night I chewed an entire pack of Orbitz (sugar free) as if that makes a diff LOL.
Not disappointed, as I did not make much effort.  I am really thankful that I did not have any 'dangerous' food or wine available at home.
My mum died Saturday night,  but I was faltering before that, so it's not an excuse.

Anyway, week 7 begins. Thumbs Up
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2016 at 7:05pm
I'm so sorry for you loss. My condolences.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2016 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by carrie carrie wrote:

I'm so sorry for you loss. My condolences.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2016 at 12:34pm
Week 7 ends leaving me with ...12.1 lbs lost Clap
12.9 lbs left to lose.
The weight is coming off at a fairly decent rate (for me), and I say that because I am eating a lot of food, and on my last day off I ate Pork all day long.  No fruit or veggies. So I am beginning to see this as a sustainable eating plan.
The weight loss will stop when my intake and expendable energy balances.  I hope by then I will have reached my goal, or I will have to increase my activity a bit.
I have not been exercising as regularly as I should, but I added using Resistance Bands for 2-3 minutes.

Week 8 begins with 12.9 lbs left to lose of the original 25 lbs.

Seeing this in print makes it very real, because once I get off the scale those numbers disappear.

Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic