Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
nikkiishappy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dr Miracles - Warning
    Posted: Apr 12 2007 at 3:50pm
I used to be a member of this site but I lost my log-in so I have been checking to see if anyone has had problems with Temple & Nape Gro Balm.  I started using it about 2 months ago and I thought it felt great. The tingling felt good and I was sure it would work.  I used ot every night for about 2 weeks and then I slowed it down to every few days.  This lasted 2 months at least.  2.5 weeks ago I noticed that my scalp at the very front of my head had started to peel.  It looked like dry scalp and I thought it was weird because I have never had that issue.  I thought maybe it was the weather so I used more Dr Miracle.  Big mistake.  A few days later it was worse.  It was getting so bad that I started wearing a scarf because it was embarassing.  Large flakes would peel right off my head and my hair seemed to be thinner.
My hairdresser thought I had a fungus.Cry  I went to the doctor and she thought it was psoriasis.  I still did not put 2 and 2 together.  I had stopped using the Dr Miracle because I had forgotten about it.  My scalp has been irritated and painful to touch but the flaking has subsided a tiny bit.  Last night I decided to use Dr Miracle again (remember I still did not realize this was the problem).  I wrapped my hair and went to sleep.  When I woke up and looked at my scarf it looked wet in one spot.  It was bleeding.  My scalp looks as though it is fallig off at the exact points where I put the Dr Miracles balm.

I have spent the day frantically searching the internet for any info on this happening to anyone else.  I have never ever ever had an issue with hair products.  NEVER.  I have no idea what is in the balm because the ingredients are not listed on the jar and I threw out the box a long time ago.

I am sure this product works for a lot of people but not me.  I have no doubt it was the Dr Miracle either because the rest of my scalp is fine.  I am praying that I don't lose any more hair from this product.  If anyone finds anything online or if this happened to you (or something similar) please reply to this post.

thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links

JesusMyKing View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2007 at 3:59pm
CryCryCry I've never used any of these products but I just wanna say that I'm so, so sorry that this happened to you. I've never heard anything good about Dr. Miracles. I hope you find a resolution for your hair and scalp problems. Hug
MzArie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2007 at 4:31pm
Dang, I was just thinkin bout tryin his products, cuz I seenthe commericals..but I guess I'll b passin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2007 at 9:36am
I am not the only one.  I have found a few things online but not much.  Does anyone know what the ingredients are...I want to avoid them in the future.

I will never use this product (or anything in the Dr Miracle line) again.Cry

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2007 at 10:13am
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=48046&KW=Miracle&PN=1

Originally posted by MizzB MizzB wrote:

This stuff should be called Dr. Need a Miracle. This product needs a miracle for it to EVER work. The tingling feeling burnt my scalp as if I had a relaxer left in. It made my hair dry. It's over priced for something that does not work. It should have never hit the market. And the commercials.............. terrible!!!!!!!

This is exactly what happened to me.  It looks and feels as though I left a relaxer in too long.  I have not relaxed my hair in 6 years.
I would love to know what the ingredients are...Angry
SORAYASMOM View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2007 at 3:55pm
i used the temple and nape gro balm but nothing like that happened but it didn't work either run from dr. miracles as fast as u can
LadySmiles View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2007 at 10:11am
I was seriously about to go out and buy this product, not any more!! I'm sorry for your misfortune I hope everything gets better.
xoflirtyfunox View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2007 at 1:51pm
this is EXACTLY what happened to me and my mom! i had flakes all over! my moms hair was thinning and everything. we trashed that stuff immediately!
Miss Kitty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2007 at 10:20pm
I've been using Dr. Miracle Hot gro all over my hair and scalp for a year and haven't had a problem. I heard bad things about it from this site, but I love it.
myjoyandlight View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2007 at 12:29pm
Hi ladies,

I'm new to the site.  I have used one of  Dr. Miracles products.  It was the dandruff shampoo.  I used it like it said to and felt the tingling and all the other blah blah information that was in the directions.  Uh, it did not work at all for me.  It actually did the opposite.  My dandruff was even worse than it was previously.  Here's the deal.  It contains all of the other products that are in any other shampoo it just has peppermint added or menthol something like that and maybe 0.% something percent to help prevent or stop flaking.  However, it contains sodium lauryl sulfate I do believe which can cause allergic reactions such as scalp irritation, skin rashes.  The same with Ammonium lauryl sulfate.  these chemicals are used as a base and provide the sudsing quality to shampoos.  I am one who washes my hair quite frequently 3 times a week.  I had huge amounts of skin just lifting from my scalp literally the next day after washing the night before.
       I found it to be quite troubling that my cell turnover rate was higher than what it should have been normally.  These chemical agents will do more harm then good eventhough they are used in low doses within the shampoos.  Please, do your best to stay away from Sodium lauryl sulfate or Ammonium lauryl sulfate if you can or for those who have sensitive skin.

I hope that this will help someone out I had to learn and have learned the hard way.  i don't like to waste money therefore i'm using up the rest not as frequently either and will make my own shampoo from now on.  I 've made some already and it did a pretty good job on my daughters hair.  There aren't many suds but oh well.  That sudsing is really a marketing tool it  subconsciously you believe that the more the suds the more clean something is not true.  The more you put on the more exposure to the sodium lauryl sulfate or ammonium lauryl sulfate.  
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic