Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Double/Triple your hair growth with the GHE (Open)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Double/Triple your hair growth with the GHE (Open)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 92939495>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

Protein (whats the deal?) continued from page 42..............................

More about Protein

What about protein from food to use on our hair?

The best source of protein will come from human hair, animal hair, sheeps wool and silk.

Save your time and money and only invest in products that have "hydrolyzed Keratein protein"
Hydrolyzed protein has a low molecular weight, this enables it to penetrate and stick to the hair shaft.

Some people use foods such as: Eggs, Yogurt, peanut butter or avocados to do protein treatment on the hair. These foods do very little good applying to your hair tropically. Their molecules are to big to penetrate the hair shaft. So once you rinse your hair, it just goes down the drain. NOTE: these foods do coat the hair when applied and can make the hair easier to comb, but only while the product is on the hair, once you rinse in water, most of the benefits are gone. So save your money and eat these foods instead, they will benefit you more.

More on protein>>>>>>>>>>>>>>to be continued..............

Good info
Sponsored Links

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

Gelatin Protein treatment:

For anyone who is interested

Hair should be wet before applying the gelatin, also if you have a lot of product build up, it would be a good time to clarify your hair, before applying the protein.

Purchase a box of Knox Gelatine (or any type of pure colorless gelatin)
It comes in individual packets. (about the size of tea bags)
Mix 1/2 packet with 1/2 cup of spring water (can add more water if you need it)
Remember this is a GEL do not let mix sit, use it as soon as you mix it. After 5 minutes it starts to thicken, and is harder to apply, because it clumps.
Quickly and thoroughly apply to each hair strand.
Let it harden on your hair (it does not harden like the aphogee) but it gets hard.
I left it on for 10 minutes.
You can sit under a hooded dryer if you desire.
Rinse all gel from hair and proceed with your deep conditioning step.

I was looking for a recipe to thicken my hair and saw one that says to mix two tablespoons of unflavored gelatin on your shampoo. Then I decided to check BHM and found the post above...
I want to try itSmile
Brazilianbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brazilianbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 7:40am
Thank goodness I don't have to put egg on my hair anymore I want to try adding gelatin. Can I still add it even tho my shampoo has keratin or should I just do a mask?
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 12:10pm
Perhaps yogurt  works by surface smoothing/coating of curls. I do not use it as a protein treatment but rather bc it is known for sleeking curls. whether this is due to surface coating, lactic acid or some other reason I do not know but it makes a noticeable difference in the quality and manageability of natural curls. 
So remember, not everything has to be absorbed  inside the hair to "work" Some treatments like ceramides work by coating the outside of cuticles as opposed to necessarily penetrating the inner shaft.  A two phase approach is often useful for some hair types. Small molecules to penetrate inside the shaft and larger molecules like lawson  ( henna) ceramide oils as surface treatments.
Another important fact is that other products are meant to seal the shaft as in the TWO stage approach of moisturizing and sealing. The moisture enters inside the shaft while the job of a sealant is to sit on the surface to trap and seal the moisture inside.

This is part of the debate about whether mineral oil is bad. Some claim it is bad because it does not necessarily go inside the hair shaft. If it is used always on wet hair, it is the sealant in the moisturizing and sealing process. So it would not need to go in the shaft for that. The problem with that is if you try to use it alone on dry hair without doing the moisturizing step first with a moisturizing product.

So remember everything does not have to go inside the shaft. Some great products do their job by working on the surface like hennas, ceramide oils, and sealing oils that go on after moisturizing. Another product that would go in this category is waxes that are used to tame heavy afro hair and gels which are used similarly more on Euro hair.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jan 30 2014 at 12:24pm
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 5:05pm
Thank you!!!
I am surprised this thread is still doing numbers, I may start up another GHE challenge but my hair is so healthy, hydrated and grows well, I have no need to GHE at all these days. Trying to recall the last time I did this technique...............
Magick_Gurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magick_Gurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 4:39pm
Thank you.  I will have to give this a try.
I have some plain gelatin that I had no use for until now. Clap
Magick_Gurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magick_Gurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Brazilianbabe Brazilianbabe wrote:

Thank goodness I don't have to put egg on my hair anymore I want to try adding gelatin. Can I still add it even tho my shampoo has keratin or should I just do a mask?

Did you try the gelatin yet?
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 11:03pm
Love GHE !! Do it most nights, not too sure about the growth, but I love the effect it has on my hair.

scorpion1585 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scorpion1585 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 5:43am
great info here!
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 9:13pm
Got some Gelatin today to try this weekend, but I am so anxious I may do it tomorrow .

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 92939495>
  Share Topic