Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Double/Triple your hair growth with the GHE (Open)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Double/Triple your hair growth with the GHE (Open)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 95>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Double/Triple your hair growth with the GHE (Open)
    Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 5:29am
Ladies this is the challenge some of you asked for. Lets do it again!
(Please read this whole page, some of your questions may be answered.)

Are you experiencing slow growth? (slow growth is 1/8 to 1/4 an inch per 4 to 6 weeks)
Are you having problems with your hair retaining moisture?
Are do you just want to increase your normal growth rate?

If u answered yes to any of these questions, then I recommend you try the Greenhouse Effect to stimulate your hair growth and enable you to keep moisture in your hair. And we know if u can keep your hair from drying out and popping then this will help you retain length.

The GREENHOUSE EFFECT TECHNIQUE is simple: At bedtime, with or without oils, put your hair in a ponytail or your chosen style, and wrap your hair in a plastic bag, then apply a scarf. Remove in the morning and allow 10 to 20 minutes to dry and style your hair as usual.
BEDTIME: USE OF OIL IS OPTIONAL, APPLY PLASTIC BAG, APPLY SCARF.
MORNING: REMOVE BAG AND SCARF, ALLOW 10 TO 20 MINUTES FOR YOUR HAIR TO DRY.
YOUR HAIR SHOULD BE DAMP BUT NOT SOAKING WET.
Do the GHE 3 times a week.

LADIES YOU MAY HAVE TO MODIFY THIS DEPENDING ON THE TYPE OF STYLE YOU WEAR.
JUST REMEMBER THE MAIN IDEAL IS TO CREATE A STEAM EFFECT ON THE SCALP, THIS STEAM EFFECT  PENETRATES TO THE HAIR ROOT AND STIMULATES YOUR NORMAL GROWTH RATE.
And the plastic bag and scarf traps the steam in and it moisturizes you hair from the root to the ends. Thus eliminating dry hair and breakage issues.

I just finished a GHE challenge with some other nice ladies on this forum, achieving one inch of new hair growth in just 7 weeks. Normally for me, my hair would of grown 1/2 inch in 7 weeks, so I am well pleased with my results.

HERE IS MY ROUTINE USING THE GHE:

I did the GHE 3 nights a week.
I did not apply product or oil at bedtime. I applied product in the morning.
Washed my hair once a week.
On wash days, I do a stimulating scalp scrub.
The only hair growth supplements I take are Biotin, 5,000 mcg. I take biotin once a day with my multi vitamin and food.
In the mornings I apply a good quality shea butter to feed my hair roots. The shea butter is mixed with coconut oil and clove oil.
I wear my hair in 2 strand twist.

Following this routine consistently I doubled my normal hair growth rate. And my hair stayed moisturized so I retained the length. Thats all you do ladies, try it if you like, you will probably achieve more growth than I did. HHJ

GHE Challengers:       Starting length:
BreBR3bre                   7.5'
gbmc689
Veemack                    17'(side)
MsTiki
Choongy                     6.5'

Mrs.Rob
Karrot
ms.blue
Pinkicon
Dee80                          2' (top)
Talia
Yahya                          22.5'
bweave_itn08
HaitianLuv
boredw/out me          13'
AS82                             16' (front)
J_Shawty                      8'
Zakilla25
fcgriffin
longhairdreams
GoatGoatEtc
ShellBee823
Mishar                           b/n 6-8'
Ladies we have 10 weeks left in 2011, lets grow at least an inch before Christmas.StarSmile
SmileSmile

Edited by Veemack - Nov 02 2011 at 9:13am
Sponsored Links

Lolliren View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lolliren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 5:35am

Edited by Lolliren - Oct 23 2011 at 5:36am
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 5:37am
Originally posted by Lolliren Lolliren wrote:

LOLLOLI know what you're thinking!!!
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 6:45am
Some questions some ladies may have about the GHE:

Will doing this technique, give me to much moisture and create mushy hair and hair loss?

My answer from experience, is no it should not. Anytime your hair is getting to much of anything it will let you know, so if you hair starts to feel mushy, then I would stop doing the GHE. I find that doing this 3 to 5 nights a week did not over moisturize my hair or create hairloss for me. Also when we had Gheri Curls, we put plastic caps on our heads every night (minus the scarf) and it did not bother our hair, it made it grow.

How can I do this technique if I am trying to maintain a straight hairstyle?

Some ladies have  success with first applying a scarf, then a plastic cap and then another scarf. Some ladies have stated that doing it this way, helped them to retain moisture, but the hair did not lose its straight style. (My hair is natural)

This sounds like the baggy method, where did this come from?

Go to the REALQUEENS.com website for more information.
Also you can type Greenhouse effect hair on youtube and find some videos from the creator.

I have tried the GHE it makes my scalp itch. How do you take the itching?

Not all complain of itching while doing the GHE. Sometimes my scalp itches sometimes it does not. When it does, I just ignore it and it will stop. I find that not using product on my scalp at night keeps it from itching. Also the when my heat is on in the house, I find it makes my scalp itch more. I guess from the extra heat and the plastic cap.

With the GHE you are suppose to apply oil on your scalp then cover with a plastic cap. Why do you not apply any product or oil to your hair when you do the GHE?

I do the original method. I use the Sauna effect to stimulate my own sebum to moisturize my hair. The heat penetrates to the root and it stimulates the blood flow and give me that extra push I need with my hair growth. It kinda like keeping my hair in a summer climate all year round. This works well for me. I like for my hair follicles to be as clear as possible to create healthy growth.

Is it okay to do the GHE every night?

Personally, I would not do it every night. If you feel you need more than 3 nights a week. Then up it to 5 nights. I find it works to take a break in between treatments. But if you are experiencing very dry hair that will not stay moisturized, I would start out doing it every night, up to 5 nights a week. For one week, to see if this corrects the problem. If it does not, you more than likely have overly porous hair. You will need to correct that before your hair will retain moisture.

Should I use a different plastic cap every night?

I brought a large bag of clear conditioning caps. I use one cap 2 times before I throw it away. You must be your own judge for that. However I would not recommend using the same cap over and over more than 3 times. To save money some people use a shower cap or plastic grocery bags. If you choose to use the shower cap, I would clean it after every other use.

How do I figure out my normal rate of hair growth?

I would chart your hair growth from 6 months to a year. Then pick the average. It is best to do a whole year and chart your growth rate monthly. So you will be able to see how your hair grows in different seasons. Some people experience more growth in the warmer months. So this is a good time to chart your growth. Because when you do challenges if you do not know your normal growth rate, then you will not fully know how a particular product or technique effected your hair growth.

Edited by Veemack - Oct 23 2011 at 7:32am
Choongy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Choongy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 9:03am
this is like the most simplest thing to do and i love it!!! thanks for adding me veemack i think im gonna go measure my hair because i want measure how much i grew and retained while doing this

question: i spray my hair with rose water before putting on my plastic cap is this ok?
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Choongy Choongy wrote:

this is like the most simplest thing to do and i love it!!! thanks for adding me veemack i think im gonna go measure my hair because i want measure how much i grew and retained while doing this

question: i spray my hair with rose water before putting on my plastic cap is this ok?

Yes that is fine. Did you get a good buy on your rosewater?
Also I wouldn't spray a lot, just like mist it, so it is not to wet in the morning for you.
Mrs.Rob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 11:01am
I want in on this challenge! I was planning on incorporating this im my regiment anyway. So this is a good way to make sure I keep up with it.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Mrs.Rob Mrs.Rob wrote:

I want in on this challenge! I was planning on incorporating this im my regiment anyway. So this is a good way to make sure I keep up with it.
Okay, you're in.
Ladies are who is relaxed and who is natural? Or other?
karrot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 12:01pm
please add me to this challenge.  sound really easy to do. can't wait for it to work.
Choongy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Choongy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

Originally posted by Choongy Choongy wrote:

Yes that is fine. Did you get a good buy on your rosewater?
Also I wouldn't spray a lot, just like mist it, so it is not to wet in the morning for you.

I think I did I spent 99pence on it ummm thats about $1.50 for 21oz.  I put a little in a spray bottle i say spray but it does come out like a mist kinda
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 95>
  Share Topic