BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dont forget where you came from

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

So much potential, this thread hasGeek

why did I read this in a yoda (from star wars) type voice?LOL
Sponsored Links

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 4:23pm
lol ... what y'all waiting for??
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 4:25pm
Y'all stahp!! This thread is going to be a mature friendly discussion.

Smile
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

culture is language, food, art (music/taste), customs, values, traditions, etc

keep of all it?  no

lose all of it?   no

but can you live in a certain area.. but share none of that (culture - or very little) with the others..? 

or the opposite.. not live in the same place yet have close friends in those places and you go there daily therefore you indulge in their customs/traditions, food, etc… 

my point is that where you live or frequent does not equal you…. regardless of how the rest of the ppl are. 

am i making sense or do i sound cray? let me know.. 

Edited by coconess - Dec 04 2013 at 4:27pm
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 4:30pm
idk can't relate
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 4:35pm
y'all probably won't get it unless i give specific examples… 

i don't think i will.. so nvm, continue on with your discussion 

I'm just gonna observe.. this is interesting. 
Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 4:46pm
I do what I want.  I give plenty to society.  I pick & choose my volunteer efforts.  I would not work with ppl that disgust me
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

I see people say this to others who grew up in the hood but are now living a pretty good life financially. I feel like it is impossible for someone to actually forget where they came from. All of us know our beginnings and how we got to where we are. Sometimes I feel like people say this just to bring you down and make it seem like you are acting brand new or like you are better. I never see anyone say this to people who grew up in middle class to upper middle class families. 

Should the person from the hood who worked hard to get where they are be more humble and appreciative than the person who didn't have to face as much adversity due to their environment?

They are saying thatto guilt you into not enjoying your success. Basically, if the one rat finally crawls out of the barrel .. just before he reaches the edge .. all the other rats try to pull him back in ... so he can have the nothing life they have made for themselves as well.

I have always gotten that impression because of friends that got through school and became successful Doctors, Lawyers etc .. but still they have family members that try to berate them for living so large with one hand... while trying to get some money out them from the other hand.

I felt sorry for them because they forever have these freeloader family members weighing them down, guilting them into loaning them money. Of course, they will never return it and in a few months will want more ..and if they say no there will be an argument and the first thing they will say is 'you forgot where you came from!'Like they've got something on you or they know you are really 'nothing'.

It got to the point that a few of them just took jobs in other states and make up excuses not to visit home anymore because they get tired the whole thing.

I don't think there is anything wrong with helping family but when it gets to the point that they are using you ... cut em lose.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 5:03pm
hmmm I guess I know what you mean

I grew up in a tiny canadian town but culturally where I come from is Jamaican culture

but I wouldn't look down on or be offended at being associated with jamaican culture or even canadian culture for that matter

Edited by rickysrose - Dec 04 2013 at 11:27pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12