Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Dont Donate to the Salvation Army

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 10 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 7:35am
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

oh and whoever made the comparison of the salvation army to the KKK, that was disgusting. Last time i checked the salvation army wasnt setting homes on fire or hanging ppl from trees for the hell of it. Ermm

whoever?  i'm sure you can read.

and clearly you're missing the point.  several organizations with disgusting practices help others.  it's the world we live in and doesn't really justify anything, imo.  that's the point.  if the cause is important enough to you, you're going to respond to it whether it's human rights, animal rights, whatever.  no one asked you to place the matter on a hierarchy.  it's possible to care about more than one cause.
Sponsored Links

eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 7:45am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

oh and whoever made the comparison of the salvation army to the KKK, that was disgusting. Last time i checked the salvation army wasnt setting homes on fire or hanging ppl from trees for the hell of it. Ermm

and clearly you're missing the point.  several organizations with disgusting practices help others.  it's the world we live in and doesn't really justify anything, imo.  that's the point.  if the cause is important enough to you, you're going to respond to it whether it's human rights, animal rights, whatever.  no one asked you to place the matter on a hierarchy.  it's possible to care about more than one cause.

im assuming it was you since you're so defensive. i dont always read who responses come from so relax. Exactly, imo the cause of helping the homeless is more important than the organization's choice to not support homosexuality, therefore I support them.  Im not missing any point, your choice of analogy was disturbing.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 7:48am

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

im assuming it was you since you're so defensive. i dont always read who responses come from so relax. Exactly, imo the cause of helping the homeless is more important than the organization's choice to not support homosexuality, therefore I support them.  Im not missing any point, your choice of analogy was disturbing.

this is that stupid passive aggressive sh*t people refer to...

anyway, i don't care how you feel.  do whatever you feel.  as previously stated...people choose their own battles.  
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 7:56am
overly sensitive at 9am for what?  Child please, i hope your day gets better Sleepy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 8:05am
i'm definitely not the person on this board to be considered overly sensitive but ok.  the homophobic neanderthals on this site are a little annoying but par for the course.  everyday of my life is great.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Dec 12 2013 at 8:10am
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 8:20am
Doesn't particularly apply here, but it never ceases to amaze me when people firmly seperate blackness and homosexuality. They're not forever exclusive. They overlap. A denial to a brother or sister for whatever reason is still a denial to one of our own.

Anyway-- I refuse to support anything calling itself a charity that picks and chooses whom it wants to help. Your job is to help people, leave the commentary about their lives to your god to judge. Cause I'm sure the Salvation Army has given to adulterers, thieves and liars-- all of which are distinctly mentioned in the top 10 list.

Edited by nekamarie83 - Dec 12 2013 at 8:21am
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 8:23am

erm, if they are a bible based organization, i wouldnt really expect for them to be supportive of the homosexual lifestyle. That being said im sure they wouldnt refuse a gay homeless person clothes or financial assistance if it were needed.
Will continue to support, ppl need clothes dammit.

They don't....and the clothes are free for homeless people the actually give them vouchers for business suits shoes and clothes so they can find jobs....they built two brand new facilities in black neighborhoods and tbh they are nice as hell.

This reminds me of Chik-fila.....these are christian organizations and most still don't believe in gay marriage....and they are entitled to their belief....we expect everyone to be super liberal....
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 8:27am
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

Doesn't particularly apply here, but it never ceases to amaze me when people firmly seperate blackness and homosexuality. They're not forever exclusive. They overlap. A denial to a brother or sister for whatever reason is still a denial to one of our own.

Anyway-- I refuse to support anything calling itself a charity that picks and chooses whom it wants to help. Your job is to help people, leave the commentary about their lives to your god to judge. Cause I'm sure the Salvation Army has given to adulterers, thieves and liars-- all of which are distinctly mentioned in the top 10 list.

They don't deny charity based on sexual orientation.....and I'm sorry the homosexuality struggle should never be compared to the black struggle.....you do get a pass if you are lgbt and black tho....
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 8:39am
^^^ Let me rephrase/clarify. I'm not fond when charity tries to get political. It's slippery. They're not actively checking for, putting out propaganda (tangible or no) or trying to fund/introduce legislation against any of the previously mentioned things. Why this? For me, they are doing too much.

And the comparison is what I think rubs people the wrong way. I consider them similar. If anything LGBTQQIA, as being an extension. Wrong is wrong to me & I refuse to play the "who's had it worse" game.

Ok that's a lie. I will actively participate when people bring up Native Americans or Jewish people and the Holocaust.
EasterBell View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote EasterBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 8:49am

just like I still eat at chi-fil-a, I will still donate to the Salvation Army..  Like mentioned, I doubt a lot of the SA facilities are turning away gay homeless people..  oh and I definitely agree that the Homosexual struggle and Black struggle are not the same...

Edited by EasterBell - Dec 12 2013 at 8:51am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>