Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Don Lemon: 5  Steps to Save the Black Community
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Don Lemon: 5 Steps to Save the Black Community

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 3:07am
Originally posted by stardaqueenb23 stardaqueenb23 wrote:

Do boys in the hood even still sag? All I see are skinny jeans these days.

they sag the skinny jeans.
Sponsored Links

afrikan gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrikan gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 6:22am
The list is almost like the one the given recovering alcoholics in AA meetings lol. Nobody is negating the need for personal responsibility, but the heart of the matter is policies. Policies that create inequalities. If Don wants to tackle this issue, he should also address social injustice. In the some vein, that the the number one determinant of health Is wealth, not personal responsibility. This reporter has not right talking about issues he has not properly researched or a full grasp on.
afrikan gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrikan gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 6:32am
http://gawker.com/video-of-violent-rioting-surfers-shows-white-culture-o-954939719
This video is satire, but the comments section is equally As funny. Can somebody make it clickable, please?
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 9:55am
oh so now he mammy told he not to sag he pants or say nicca in kindergarten?  
*shaq gif*
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 10:23am
Originally posted by afrikan gal afrikan gal wrote:

http://gawker.com/video-of-violent-rioting-surfers-shows-white-culture-o-954939719
This video is satire, but the comments section is equally As funny. Can somebody make it clickable, please?

clickable link

Edited by bindy - Jul 30 2013 at 10:23am
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 11:19am
Bindy thank you for posting Dr. Boyce's article.  I hope that people who agree with O'Reilly and Don will actually take the time to read it but just in case they choose not to below is the definition of coon as we have embraced it here in the BHM community. 

Thank you this Dr. Boyce and for every single detail you took the time to explain for the peanut galleryClap

If you are controlled by white males, pursuing the agenda of white males, and have the same societal impact as a white male, then you’re pretty much a white guy too. At the very least, your ethnicity goes from being correlational to purely circumstantial.
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 11:21am
He is serious....
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 11:26am
Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

Originally posted by afrikan gal afrikan gal wrote:

clickable link

LOLVery funny stuff.  The comments are hilarious.
CuteNSweet View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote CuteNSweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2013 at 5:22pm
Ugggh sometimes I hate the fact that the "Black America" problem is always so televised to the whites.  Am I the only one that feels this way?  I feel like if you want to get that message across then you go in the hood and start picking up the litter over and over again until people follow suit, etc...  You basically be an example of it.    I don't see where he said anything, that people don't already know needs to be done one way or another, but those aren't the answers to "save" Black America.   The truth is no one is willing to do the "work" that is required to actually "save" black america in terms of us progressing.

I'm so tired of the black america problem being televised to those that are not black.   I love freedom of speech and youtube and stuff like that, but its getting a little bit out of hand.  I also don't understand why we have to point the finger at ourselves when an injustice was committed against us!   Like since Trayvon was killed by Zimmerman we have to take a look at black on black crime when it was not black on black crime.    True we should be working to better our communities everyday, but why couldn't Trayvon's issue be Trayvon's issue and racisim be just what it is?

Anyway, he doesn't want to address ending racisim.  No one does, because the only way you can end racism is to not have those that are oppressed have to depend on the racist system that is oppressing them in the first place.   Which means that the whole black and white together we shall overcome bullsh*t that the civil rights movement was for would have to shift to black self sufficiency.   Meaning our own neighborhoods, our own schools, our own banks, our own airlines, our own stores, etc....    You can never make anyone white do anything.  The only thing black people can do is commune and create their own system.  That is the only answer, there is no other way and sadly people are too interested in having their "rights" to open the white woman (I didn't say man b/c really it's the black men lusting after the forbidden fruit more so than the blk female), etc... to want that for the black community and of course we know the whites don't want it b/c that obliterates white privilege and the narcissism they live with of feeling like they are better than someone else.  Ugggh!
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2013 at 5:58pm

from my dash:

The issue at hand here is not respectability. Why many of us keep falling for this smokescreen is beyond me. Listen, respectability won’t save you. That’s not the issue at hand here. It is racism. Medgar Evers was a respectable man. He wore suits and was a wonderful orator. Guess what? He got murdered. MLK Jr. was a respectable, well dressed man and a wonderful speaker. Guess what? Didn’t prevent him from getting murdered. Oh, that’s the past you say? Well, Skip Gates is a Harvard professor. Guess what? Being a Harvard professor didn’t stop someone from assuming he was a burglar breaking into his own house. Gates is a grey-haired bespectacled Ivy-league professor who walks with a cane. He was wearing khakis and a polo shirt when they arrested his ass in his own home.

3. Furthermore, wearing sagging pants, saying “Brotha", not speaking “proper" English etc is not a license to be treated like dirt. You’re not a better human being because you’re well coiffed and can speak the Queen’s English. Congrats I guess, but being that way won’t address the issue at hand which is racism.

Edited by Ladybird0724 - Jul 31 2013 at 6:13pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>