Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Don Lemon: 5  Steps to Save the Black Community
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Don Lemon: 5 Steps to Save the Black Community

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 10:54pm
^^maybe he should pull up his pants when he is traveling home.....
Sponsored Links

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 11:01pm
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 11:07pm
According to Lemons, hes been talking about race related issues for the last 4 weeks (The N Word, Privilege, Profiling, Black Male masculinity ect) So according to him, after the Zimmerman trial, now was his opportunity to provide constructive criticism from his POV to the black community.

anyways... the initial post in the thread alluded to Lemons implying that those 5 talking points will end racism... and thats totally wrong...putting an unnecessary spin on this topic. (I had to watch the video just to clarify).. Because obviously that wouldn't make sense.

Anyways Lemons tried it though I guess...Hes not saying anything that anybody else hasn't said already... and he damn sure shouldn't have gave Oreily any credit at all... To make matters worse, he had Larry Elders on in that segment.. Just all kinds of terrible.

He probably should've just left it alone and Let MHP or JoAnne Reed handle it. 
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I would say this is more of a how to better yourselves thus bettering your community list as opposed to something to fix racism.  Everything in the list has nothing to do with how other people treat black folks.  The only one that might could squeak through would be the "pull up your pants" in the sense that people treat you a certain way based on how u look.

Right .... I think it was a poor attempt at him trying to provide the blk community with a sense of self esteem... I don't think his intentions were to get the approval of white people ..or "right wing conservatives"...

I think he should've left it alone though.

Edited by OoDles O - Jul 28 2013 at 11:17pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 11:17pm
^I can dig it oodles.

You like MHP too? Big smile
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 11:21pm
I love MHP ... she gets it ... she has the only show that talks about issues that effect us. .. I also like the fact that she can go toe to toe with any one ...

Edited by OoDles O - Jul 28 2013 at 11:23pm
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 11:22pm
This sh*t sounds like 5 steps to assimilation to me. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 11:24pm
You got some good taste Oodles.Cool

lol I always wish she was around when I was younger. She's great.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 8:36am
MHP for President!!!!!
Omni Harmony View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Omni Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 9:04am
Originally posted by yurika975 yurika975 wrote:

What he is saying making him a coon in many eyes of the posters here. He simply reiterated what many of the whites say about blacks. What the hell does pulling up pants have to do with being stopped and frisked by police? You do realize that that happens regardless of style of dress. The cops see melanin and you're getting stopped. They don't profile fairly. It's just a net to capture scary black males. It lets them not feel bad and reinforces their belief that there is no racism (except in the minds of lazy coloreds). Regardless of whether you agree with his policies, for many the Prez is this an ninja! They insult his intelligence and hurdle all manner of insults geared at his skintone.
a lot of these cases are true, but there is still the case of the safe negro vs the threatening negro.  If a guy is dressed like will smith or carlton banks, he's less likely to be stopped & frisked than a guy dressed like chief keef or wocka flocka
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
  Share Topic