Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Don Lemon: 5  Steps to Save the Black Community
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Don Lemon: 5 Steps to Save the Black Community

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Iowabred&fed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Iowabred&fed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

Well, I think fixing #1 (out of wedlock births) would help......

^This. I don't feel like we should dismiss the list entirely. These are surface level issues that need fixing, sure, but we can't fix what's on the surface until we get to the core. Right? Idk. I get what everyone is saying though. That's just my 2 cents.
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Iowabred&fed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 6:57pm
Let me ask this: I'm not defending Don Lemon -- I honestly don't know much about him -- but why is it that when negros have differing opinions outside of the general consensus or "norm",  they automatically get labeled a coon?  Just asking...
stardaqueenb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

So I guess Don is delivered?  His pants are pulled up.  He finished high school.  I'm sure he doesn't litter.  He has no children out of wedlock and unless he's a total hypocrite doesn't use the N word.  

So does that mean he doesn't have to call mommy once he's safely inside his home?  

This is the Don Lemon edition of I'm Better Than You Because.  I'm sorry he felt he needed to come out with that.  He just lost my respect.  
All of this. The nerve of him to come out with this "list" a week after telling the world he calls his mom every night so she knows that his lot as a black man in America has not lead to his death. I like how people act as if black people in this country were getting along great before everything on that list became an issue. Even when our marriage rates were high, crime rates low, and pants were up white people still hated us. He is here quoting Bill Orielly and the newest white excuse for racism. Notice how all this comes up only after an innocent black child is killed, now the black community must be put on trial for his death. He can keep that sh!t and he could still get the Soledad O'brien treatment from CNN at any moment. He better not piss off the black community too much BET will not catch him when CNN drops him.
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Iowabred&fed Iowabred&fed wrote:

Let me ask this: I'm not defending Don Lemon -- I honestly don't know much about him -- but why is it that when negros have differing opinions outside of the general consensus or "norm",  they automatically get labeled a coon?  Just asking...

he has sex with white men.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Iowabred&fed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 7:03pm

he has sex with white men.......

Sooo...that discredits his opinion or view? 
stardaqueenb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 7:06pm

^This. I don't feel like we should dismiss the list entirely. These are surface level issues that need fixing, sure, but we can't fix what's on the surface until we get to the core. Right? Idk. I get what everyone is saying though. That's just my 2 cents.
Because this conversation has only come up in order to make white America feel better about the racism in the justice system. The fact that he quotes Bill Orielly who has been on a crusade against the black community ever since the Zimmerman trial began is what gets me. It is just so disingenuous to me that these conversations are never started in a real meaningful way.

Edited by stardaqueenb23 - Jul 28 2013 at 7:15pm
dijah.love View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote dijah.love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 7:12pm
I didn't think he was a "coon". He just didn't add a darn thing to the conversation.

People are mad, I think, because he used Bill O'Reilly's argument about race as the basis of his argument. That's questionable.

And honestly, I didn't think anything was wrong other than it was pointless until I read his tweets. That was annoying.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Iowabred&fed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by stardaqueenb23 stardaqueenb23 wrote:

Because this conversation has only comes up in order to make white America feel better about the racism in the justice system. The fact that he quotes Bill Orielly who has been on a crusade against the black community ever since the Zimmerman trial began is what gets me. It is just so disingenuous to me that these conversations are never started in a real meaningful way.

True. I was just thinking about this the other day -- I know other's have mention on BHM before -- black people as a culture, we were so, idk, united -- I don't know how to explain it, but you look back in the 30s/40s/50s/60s ..yeah, we still had problems and issues, but we were working together to fix sh*t. What the f$#k happened? (I mean, I know what happened in a literal sense). We, as a culture, we had so much fight. So much heart and passion. We weren't backing down and accepting "no."   It's so depressing man. Why do we have to be at the bottom of the food chain?  Confused 
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

Originally posted by CamiK CamiK wrote:

Originally posted by keepgrowing keepgrowing wrote:

Ya I saw this on TV. I wasn't surprised when I saw it was Don Lemon since he has a history of cooning. 

I remember him saying black women are the source for the issues that black gay males face. He made it seem like only black women are capable of being homophobic.

Then when that idiot asian guy made that stupid research about black women being the most unattractive people, they were discussing it on CNN. While a white woman was saying how dumb that study was and how beautiful black women are, Don was saying how much he loved that scene from Color Purple where Whoopi's character was being called ugly and had the audacity to play it during the segment. smdh.

Wow!!Shocked  Self hate is a b*tch...to bad no matter how much white cock his devours...he will always be just a nig.ga to them...fukin coon...

Damn strong words.

I actually don't think Lemon is a coon. Just white washed. And yall this is CNN. He's not going to be allowed to get up there and say, "Arm yourselves, build your own communities, etc etc." It is a white run network. There's only so much he can do.

It is a white run network. It is a white run world in general so I'm sure that's why a lot of people prefer to remain mute and "fix" themselves to fit the mold. 

And another issue I have with this segment is that the audience that he is addressing is not watching CNN by any means. All he is doing is reinforcing negative stereotypes within the minds of the viewers and I'm sure a lot of whites, asians and even blacks were nodding their heads in agreement saying "Yup, that's right. Blacks do it to themselves." He is not helping at all. 

I'm sure white people at CNN were so thrilled when he said he was going to do this useless segment. 

Edited by keepgrowing - Jul 28 2013 at 7:22pm
afrikan gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrikan gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 7:28pm
This is effing unbelievable all the points he made are moot, please come up with something original and stop beating the dead horse. Wow self hate is alive and kicking, he just wants some brownie points. Like somebody mentioned why doesn't he go volunteer with the inner city youth.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic