BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Relationships
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Domestic Violence: Wheel of Power and Control

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Domestic Violence: Wheel of Power and Control
    Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 8:22am
I think there was a info thread on domestic violence already. If anyone/mods can find it, please make it a sticky or bump it. 

We use this chart in the mental health field when dealing with female victims of domestic violence (another chart is used for male victims). 

Please everyone recognize and do not ignore the red flags and warning signs. 

Edited by purpulicious01 - Jul 07 2013 at 4:19pm
Sponsored Links

AwesomeAries View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 8:55am
this would be a great thread to put in ttt
maybe we can combine all the other threads on it 
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 9:49am
I think that wheel is right on the mark.Thumbs Up

The sad part is the number of women reading this post that recognize this as their current situation but are willing to accept it rather than leave  and the number of men reading this post that think this is normal behaviour ... and would not know how to act any differently toward a woman.

Sick.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 6:30pm
Thank you, Purp! I made that thread and repeatedly requested it be stickied and so did other members, but it was ignored every time.

I'm gonna request this thread to be stickied. This is vital information.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 12:48am
GOOD! THEY STICKIED IT! THANK YOU!
NSA_agent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NSA_agent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

I think that wheel is right on the mark.Thumbs Up

The sad part is the number of women reading this post that recognize this as their current situation but are willing to accept it rather than leave  and the number of men reading this post that think this is normal behaviour ... and would not know how to act any differently toward a woman.

Sick.

Most people know it is not normal behaviour, many people can recognize it in others but people can't objectively look at themselves and their partner.  Many people will look at someone that stays in an abusive relationship and say "it couldn't be me" but when they themselves are in one they are too caught up with trying to fix it, correct it then it's too late because of dependency

it is all about self esteem.   
Twisted_Angel View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twisted_Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 4:43pm
WHY THE HELL IT TOOK THEM SO LONG TO MAKE IT A STICKY!!
Twisted_Angel View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twisted_Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 4:44pm
And yaaay finally..
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 9:47am
Great thread.

I was in an abusive relationship for years. I was 18 and moved to FL with him. Not to minimize the abuse at all but one thing that kept me from asking for help was fear of judgment. Everyone who talked to me about it came at me with that "it could never be me/how could you be so stupid" vibe that truthfully made me even more dependent on him and more isolated. It was like, maybe I do deserve it bc I really am stupid. That's just to say that as women we should be careful how we come across when we're trying to help each other out. After I left I went to a women's shelter since I had nowhere else to go, and a lot of women said the same thing. When I know someone is facing DV, I let them know that the violence isn't their fault, that they deserve better and that they can control their fate from hereon.
Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 4:08am
If you are afraid your internet and/or computer usage might be monitored, please use a safer computer, and/or call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1−800−799−SAFE(7233) or TTY 1−800−787−322
http://www.thehotline.org/
---------------------------------------
24-hour National Domestic Violence
Freephone Helpline
0808 2000 247
http://www.nationaldomesticviolencehelpline.org.uk/

------------------------------------------

Steunpunt Huiselijk Geweld Midden-Brabant
Bel 0900 321 3210 tijdens kantoortijden of  0900 1 26 26 26
Bij direct gevaar 112
info@stophuiselijkgeweld.nl
http://www.rijksoverheid.nl/onderwerpen/huiselijk-geweld