Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Does your s/o challenge you intellectually?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nicks_hotmama06 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicks_hotmama06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 5:33am
My hubby plays stupid to avoid extra expectations of him. The jig is up. I told him I am on to him. I am too stubborn and set in my views....not agreeing with me makes me agitated . Besides, honestly, I like being the smarter one in a relationship......gives me the upper My husband has more common sense than I....I am book smart. My stimulation comes from the fact that I adore reading and learning. I learned long ago to talk to my man about things that interest him.....and not to debate gay marriage or wives turned strippers, etc., with him.....it always ends in am argument. He has a slightly different set of moral standards than myself. Since he is currently pursuing his pilot's license, flying is his favorite subject........aside from football.

Edited by nicks_hotmama06 - Jan 26 2013 at 5:45am
Sponsored Links

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 8:06am
we are evenly matched, which was a breath of fresh air

my ex was a typical 'good looking thing with nothing between her ears', when i met her sister i was like 'damn, im sholl messing with the wrong sister' she was more my speed

i get bored very easily, very easily and i become rather impatient and dismissive

my s.o is the right balance of looks, fun, wit, brains and domesticity
Yardgirl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yardgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 8:30am
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

Originally posted by Yardgirl Yardgirl wrote:

He doesn't but I'll be single soon anyway.

Damn.

That's not the only stimulation that's severely lacking. *shrugs*
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 9:30am
^^Damn Yardie, u aint getting the good stuff either?
Junior Jr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Junior Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 9:49am
nope. but she fine tho

jr.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 10:09am
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by ImThatDiva ImThatDiva wrote:

Yes, he does. We read and exchange books and discuss them. He gives me crap if I'm not reading it fast enough. We watch movies together then discuss them. We read the newspaper and discuss it.
He likes things that I don't and vice versa. He teaches me about things I don't know and I him.

now this is one thing i wish my dh liked to do...which is read for pleasure. he'll read news articles and the like and we'll discuss those.  i honestly never though i would date never mind marry a man who doesn't like to read. hmm life is interesting. anyway--so if i read a book i discuss it with his sister and her dh. actually--i think he just doesn't like to read fiction--nonfiction works for him but i havent turned the nonfiction corner yet. i will soon. it's becoming harder to find good works of fiction.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 1:10pm
I'm an avid reader and I can't believe I married a man that likes to read more than I do. I felt bad when I told him "if you bring another book in this house..." lol. I was kidding because I love it. but I was telling him he needs to donate some. We have so many bookshelves and the ladder thingy. I tried cataloging his books years ago and gave up. I wouldn't dare think about that now. He likes everything! He reads books about algorithms like they are intense spy novels or something  LOL.
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 1:11pm
Yes!  He's the brains for sure but I ain't no slouch.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

I'm an avid reader and I can't believe I married a man that likes to read more than I do. I felt bad when I told him "if you bring another book in this house..." lol. I was kidding because I love it. but I was telling him he needs to donate some. We have so many bookshelves and the ladder thingy. I tried cataloging his books years ago and gave up. I wouldn't dare think about that now. He likes everything! He reads books about algorithms like they are intense spy novels or something  LOL.

lol. he likes to plat scrabble and ish...which i hate...bc although i have a great vocabulary i CANNOT play games like scrabble or wheel of fortune...my brain doesn't work like that i guess. so i play knowing im going to lose which makes me mad the entire game.LOL

i think that's why he got me a kindle and now a nexxus whatever--he's trying to avoid that possibility
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic