Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Does summer time humidity effect your look?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does summer time humidity effect your look?
    Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 12:10am
I was sitting here trying to figure out how women who are natural are able to straighten their hair in the middle of August. 

I can't even wear a twist/braid out without it turning into a shrunken fro. Shoot any "out" style will turn into a shrunken fro by the time I walk to the car.

Then I keep seeing pictures of women with blazers,  jean vest and "leather" stuff on...saywhatnah? Dontchu know its hot doh?

What do you change about your hair practices and outfit choices for the summer time heat and humidity? 
Sponsored Links

AshBash89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 12:11am
I have been wearing a puff.  I'm lazy.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 12:16am
You aren't alone. I've had in these same loose twist for 'bout 6 weeks now.
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 12:32am
That's why I'm keeping my hair twisted up for the rest of the summer lol

But my face is getting really oily now! It's horrible Confused I feel like a grease ball.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 12:37am
Originally posted by Samoneisthebest Samoneisthebest wrote:

I was sitting here trying to figure out how women who are natural are able to straighten their hair in the middle of August. 

I can't even wear a twist/braid out without it turning into a shrunken fro. Shoot any "out" style will turn into a shrunken fro by the time I walk to the car.

Then I keep seeing pictures of women with blazers,  jean vest and "leather" stuff on...saywhatnah? Dontchu know its hot doh?

What do you change about your hair practices and outfit choices for the summer time heat and humidity? 
I know what you are talking about. Ain't nobody got time for that type of clothing in 90 degree temps and high humidity.DeadLOL

I am with you ladies. Puffs & buns when it is 90s/high humidity. I can't have a carpet of naps laying on my neck making me hotter.

Tanks, thin shirts, shorts, capris(yes BHM, capris lol) and sandals.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 12:40am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Tanks, thin shirts, shorts, capris(yes BHM, capris lol) and sandals.

LOL
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 12:45am
I'm doing twist up dos. It is easy styling and I get lots of compliments!
Bought some marley hair and using it to make some interesting buns.  Marley doesn't match exactly to my texture tho.

Going to the beach next week so these twists are staying for now.

joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 1:33am
I'm one of those people. If I feel like a blow out then I'll do it. I just make sure that I do the proper prep work and use the right products. It also doesn't hurt that I don't wear it bone straight, so I don't mind a little poof. And I love my "leather" leggings. 
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 1:38am
It isnt that humid over here in LA. I was thinking about straightening my hair next week, but I'd sweat it out in the gym or on top of my manTongue
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 1:39am
I usually keep my hair in a puff or fake bun...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic