Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Does some peoples hair just grow no matter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 2:01pm
Girl, you haven't been doing that?
Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Girl, you haven't been doing that?

Yeah but not so much since my hair is in twists now. But that just made me wanna get up and do it again.
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

Yes. The looser your curl pattern, the more damage you can sustain.

Let me try to flat iron my hair once every year and I would end up with a tragedy (reversion issues, moisture issues, etc.)

Umm no quite.. I have looser curl pattern and my hair would be on the ground will all that heat..

It just varies from person to person.

Generally people with looser curl patterns are better able to retain length. I didn't think this was up to debate? The more bends your hair has, the more prone to breakage it is. Or have BHM, LHCF, and other boards been teaching lies for the past decade?
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 2:05pm

Yes. Definitely. The same way some people's hair break at the slightest friction, least change in weather, environment etc. Yep, some people's hair grow, even when subjected to the most harsh treatment.

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 2:16pm
I giggled at deep fried. You ain't lyin.Heart
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

I blow dry my hair every time I wash it, which is once or twice a week.  I work with medium heat, but I work quickly and leave it just lightly damp.  For some reason, air drying my hair causes me problems.

I have proof that air-drying after about 8 weeks post-relaxer will lead to breakage. You want your hair dry as quickly as possible for the least issues with it. Styling after air-drying leads to breakage IMO, when you are many weeks post...the two diff textures have basically "set" in their own way by the time the hair dries, and any type of manipulation makes it easier to break (Im talking 4c texture here).

Edited by Wildfire - Jan 03 2014 at 2:27pm
GG View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 2:47pm
Some people just have good genes I guess.
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

my mum's hair is the same--coarse and strong as hell

I think it's down to how coarse or fine each hair strand is

..I could never do that sh*t to my hair every 2 weeks since it's so fluffy and baby fine in places, if you have coarser strands then maybe you could get away with very little damage imo

Yeah. Coarse hair withstands more. When I was relaxed, my hair looked "healthy" even when it was damaged, simply because I had so much hair and the strands were dense. Its a combination of hair type and good maintenance. I watched the video and it seems for each damaging action they apply to their hair, they utilize 2 damage-reducing techniques (deep conditioning, heat protectant, etc.)

They are beautiful girls. I enjoyed the video. I can't wait to have time to do my hair again after nursing school.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 2:49pm
So what about that bottle of JBCO i been walking around with sitting on my head like a puddle? My hair ain't growing like these chicks. I once thought that too much oil suffocated the roots.

Come on ladies and speak into the mic. cos yall know i'm starting all over. I just got my stitches taken out so i'm starting from the bottom.
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 2:53pm
well I'm team Giovanni for the win THIS whole system the moisture is unbelievable!   Also at TJ Maxx $12.99

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic