Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Does some peoples hair just grow no matter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 12:54pm
I blow dry my hair every time I wash it, which is once or twice a week.  I work with medium heat, but I work quickly and leave it just lightly damp.  For some reason, air drying my hair causes me problems.
Sponsored Links

Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 1:00pm
Yup it grows. Chemicals just makes us THINK it doesn't.
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 1:08pm
I just posted the other day about how pretty I thought these twins were in the RT thread. But I agree that looser curl patterns tend to be able to do more to their hair without damage. At least, that's been my observation.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 1:11pm
Depends on thickness of strand and if the hair has a cortex.....most course and kinky hair doesn't...thats why chemical processes are easier
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 1:14pm
Tbh my '4C' hair is very resilient to heat.
It's very strong naturally as well...but then again my strands are not fine.

Here is what I suspect the secret to hair growth to be:
The oiler the scalp, the longer the hair can potentially grow.
Looser patterns (may have olier scalps) or appear to have olier scalps because the sebum flows down the hair with better ease. Thus lubricating the strands, retaining moisture, which retains length.

Sebum has a harder time sliding down kinkier, colier hair. Thus the shaft has drier sections, leading to breakage, snags, knots etc.

JMO
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 1:16pm
I'm scared to blow dry or flat iron my hair even once (not really interested at this point though) but when I was doing it before I transitioned my hair had gotten really long at one point, like below BSL, but then one side broke off really bad. And that was the end of that. I had to cut it to shoulder length.

Edited by liesnalibis - Jan 03 2014 at 1:18pm
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 1:17pm
Yes ....
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 1:17pm
i think you have to just straddle the line. 
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 1:19pm
i think so.
my mom abuses her hair daily and it looks healthy as ever
meanwhile God forbid if i dont moisturize one night or straighten once a week, my hair would look/feel deep fried Ermm
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Tbh my '4C' hair is very resilient to heat.
It's very strong naturally as well...but then again my strands are not fine.

Here is what I suspect the secret to hair growth to be:
The oiler the scalp, the longer the hair can potentially grow.
Looser patterns (may have olier scalps) or appear to have olier scalps because the sebum flows down the hair with better ease. Thus lubricating the strands, retaining moisture, which retains length.

Sebum has a harder time sliding down kinkier, colier hair. Thus the shaft has drier sections, leading to breakage, snags, knots etc.

JMO

And on this note I'll be moisturizing and sealing my hair now LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon