Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Nichole23 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2007 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by arliep arliep wrote:

All I'm saying is that after I saw the pictures of Goldie Hawn & Diane Ross without makeup I stopped wearing it.  I was completely horrified and then I started noticing clogged pores which I usually just have in my t-zone. 

I made a vow to pay as much attention to my skin as I do to my hair so its been microdermabrasion, gycolic peels, and sunscreen over the past few months and it is working well.  I have gone back to using blot poweder (MAC) eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick but I'm not going to wear foundation unless it is for a special occasion.

I do truely believe that make-up messes up the skin over time.  I hear what the other ladies have said... and yes I do use name brand, quality make-up.  I also try to take care of my face because of my extra oily skin... which means cleaning my face often, and the make-up still does a number on my skin! 

I like your persective on caring for you face as you do for your hair and that makes perfect sense to me.  Im going to take that same moto and start doing the same.
Sponsored Links

yellow08 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2007 at 9:02am
Originally posted by zahira1983 zahira1983 wrote:

full on, heavy makeup WILL have adverse effects in the long run. that is why you see hollywood people with such horrible skin. they live in makeup day in and day out. their skin cant breathe and becomes splotchy and awful no matter how expensive their skin treatments are.

you can wear heavy makeup every day if you dont care what you'll like like in 10 years...but if you have any desire to stay looking youthful you will stay away from that kind of stuff as much as possible.

its impossible for skin to be the same after being treated w chemicals day in and day out. its the LONG term that matters in this case. its not some "myth".

I have wore makeup for years and my skin is in great condition. As a matter of fact I am 29 but everyone thinks I am 18-21 y/o...My mother wore make-up everyday for many years when she was working and her skin is fine and she is 63 y/o.

I don't compare my skin to those of White/Black Hollywood actress considering 99% of them look bad because they've abused/or currently abusing alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, excessive partying, and plastic surgery because that stuff will age more than anything. Let's not forget how you eat (and we know African Americans have the "best" diets) and stress matters too.
Also, the lack of sunscreen affects the condition of your too...(yes, we as AA need sunscreen) There are too many factors to determine why someone skin is "Broke out" or "Aged" and you darn sure can't blame it all on make-up! I am mean your face can break out from your bacteria filled cell phone, touching you face after using your computer (which have more bacteria than some toilets)...

Edited by yellow08 - Sep 03 2007 at 9:11am
mackmeri122 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2007 at 10:28am
I don't know about AA having the best diets
yellow08 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2007 at 10:33am
Originally posted by mackmeri122 mackmeri122 wrote:

I don't know about AA having the best diets

ITA...
My weak web attempt of being sarcastic...
mackmeri122 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2007 at 10:39am
Oh... I kinda got that feeling when you put quotation marks around diet. I'm slow.......... I just woke up, lol
Zupreme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2007 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by AlabamaKinks AlabamaKinks wrote:

Give it about 12yrs and you'll see a difference.

If this was for me, I have been using makeup for longer than 12 years. My skin is still in excellent condition. As I said, its all in proper skin care, and to a lesser degree, the quality of the products. Genetics also play a role.Wink

But you admitted to not wearing foundation! Its foundation that does the most damage because it covers your wqhole face like a mask. So..if you lay off it, it wont have any effects...
Zupreme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2007 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by yellow08 yellow08 wrote:

Originally posted by zahira1983 zahira1983 wrote:

full on, heavy makeup WILL have adverse effects in the long run. that is why you see hollywood people with such horrible skin. they live in makeup day in and day out. their skin cant breathe and becomes splotchy and awful no matter how expensive their skin treatments are.

you can wear heavy makeup every day if you dont care what you'll like like in 10 years...but if you have any desire to stay looking youthful you will stay away from that kind of stuff as much as possible.

its impossible for skin to be the same after being treated w chemicals day in and day out. its the LONG term that matters in this case. its not some "myth".

I have wore makeup for years and my skin is in great condition. As a matter of fact I am 29 but everyone thinks I am 18-21 y/o...My mother wore make-up everyday for many years when she was working and her skin is fine and she is 63 y/o.

I don't compare my skin to those of White/Black Hollywood actress considering 99% of them look bad because they've abused/or currently abusing alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, excessive partying, and plastic surgery because that stuff will age more than anything. Let's not forget how you eat (and we know African Americans have the "best" diets) and stress matters too.
Also, the lack of sunscreen affects the condition of your too...(yes, we as AA need sunscreen) There are too many factors to determine why someone skin is "Broke out" or "Aged" and you darn sure can't blame it all on make-up! I am mean your face can break out from your bacteria filled cell phone, touching you face after using your computer (which have more bacteria than some toilets)...

good for you for being one of the lucky few who dont experience any damage. its truly rare.

Edited by zahira1983 - Sep 03 2007 at 3:53pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System