Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - does hiphop effect children more negatively then
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

does hiphop effect children more negatively then

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 1:40pm
......but despite all of that....let me be clear, music has gotten BETTER since the "Snap Era". 

THAT was terrible.
Sponsored Links

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 1:40pm
THAN, not then.
Why isn't crime rate and teen pregnancy going up?
Why is it the lowest it's ever been?
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

THAN, not then.
sang with that ether
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 5:35pm
I wasn't really old enough in the 80s or 90s to know who really stood for what, but atleast right now, none of the most popular(radio, tv, etc) hip hop artists really stand for sh*t.  they're mainly playing scared and afraid to say anything controversial unless it has to do with degrading women.  Besides, they all have more money than the generation of hip hop before, been rich too long, and have become a shell of themselves.  I don't know the impact it has on children...it might not be negatively impacting their lives, but it's not really doing much positive either.
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 5:55pm
lol I just randomly remembered when I heard Trick Daddy's "Nann" for the first time. I was riding in a rented van with my uncle and a bunch of old people listening to Kirk Franklin's God's Property album. I ain't wanna listen to "Stomp" all the way to South Carolina from Florida so I asked my uncle could I listen to his cd player. I went through his cds and picked out his Trick Daddy cd.

I put the earphones on my ear and eventually "Nann" made it's way to my ears. More specifically, Trina talking about riding dick on a dime, and letting other girls lick her clit, and selling ass, and licking nut sacks, and fuccin 5 and 6 best friends, and making Brothas cum, and deep throating. I had that song on repeat for damn near 5 hours, with a woody in my pants, like

Hip Hop taught me a lot of sh*t about life.

Edited by Random Thoughts - Sep 04 2014 at 5:58pm
leftywefty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leftywefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 5:57pm
^^im cryingCryLOL
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

......but despite all of that....let me be clear, music has gotten BETTER since the "Snap Era". 

THAT was terrible.

I had a good time dancing
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 6:19pm
*does the poole palace* 
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

The difference is that back then there was balance and some substance. You may have a song repping thug life and then another about something positive. There was diversity. There was the Fugees, and then there was Bone Thugs N Harmony. On top of that, there were social films/movies that hilighted good rap and other issues. Rappers back in the day, made sure in their songs that people never forgot where they "came from". 

Even rappers like Kanye, who DID put out quality music in the beginning sharply declined around the later 2000s. 

Rappers now have VERY little substance and have evolved into coons. All they talk about is eating pu$$y, getting pu$$y, money, or what they have. They completely disrespect the old heads that paved the way for them. I heard Missy and Timbaland talking about this at one point. They NEVER disrespected the artists that paved the way for them, nowadays if you haven't made a hit in 5 years all prior accomplishments and music means nothing. These new rappers have never lived the lifestyles that they speak and most are unoriginal. They copy each other's style of rap so much to the extent where they all sound the same. They are actors, literal performers and have no type of connection or understanding of the communities that support their songs. 

im not sure if you agree or disagree but going back to what afro said, is it the music making the children, or the children making the music ? the hughes brothers made menace to society at 18 or 19 years old.  that sh*ts mind boggling to me. 18 ...

gary gray and ice cube made friday when they was 24. gary gray made set it off when he was 25.

and to say the artist never disrespected there elders ? thats one of the cornerstones of hiphop, out with the old, in with the new. jaz-o is crying some where right now.
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

THAN, not then.
more head ?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair