Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Does anyone feel that "People who look a certain "
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Does anyone feel that "People who look a certain "

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 3.86  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 10:15pm
I f*ckz with ugly people; they seem to have the most drive. Oh but about the OP definitely.
Sponsored Links

petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

PetiteOne

ever heard of skintone stratification? I think you should research it a bit, you are in for a surprise.

no i havent but i will definitely look into it.
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 10:23pm
People who are attractive are perceived and treated differently but that goes beyond "light skin dark skinned." Alot of it does have to do with how you present yourself.  I was perceived differently when I was younger (wore jeans, t-shirts and dirty sneaker) than I do now.  Still the same complexion...other things have changed inside and out.

Accept the things you can't change and change the things you can't accept.
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 10:24pm
sometimes the exotic chics are treated just as mean unfairly. 

eta: not to trivialize your experience. just something to think about

Edited by noneyons - Nov 28 2012 at 10:25pm
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

Originally posted by discreet. discreet. wrote:

no i dont

Can you elaborate as to why you feel that way? I'm really interested in an opposite opinion/outlook! Smile

i dont think people treat lighter skin curly haired exotic or whatever you wanna call them better in everyday situations. i think maybe moreso in the entertainment industry but not at regular places of employment, school etc. i actually think that people who look like this (less black) are more likely to be treated badly by other black people who dont fit that" look"

hope that made sense im on my phone

I will disagree.  We had interviews for law firms last year.  One classmate is light/medium and has long hair is an attractive girl.  She said when she interviewed with one firm the man barely looked at her resume and just said "omg you are so pretty." The woman in the room, who was also a soror said in response of course she is and tried to gear the conversation BACK to her resume and the older man just said 'yes, yes, she is qualified." and just started talking to her about her.

she got a callback interview.
discreet. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote discreet. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

OP Hug.. Although the situation sucks, I like your view on it. I think your feelings on it were well put. 

Many hugs and lots of love to you! 

Embarrassed 

I was hoping I didn't come across as insulting towards women who have this look, because they are human and have feelings like those who don't, like me! :) Regardless of how much "easier" I feel women who have these certain features have things in comparison to me, I know they didn't ask for it all. It's just genetics. Some people play up on it, some people don't play down. It's just important to be who you are, truly I think? Smile

I really appreciate your input and everyone else's because this has been bothering me for a long time and I had a bad breaking point recently and still am going through it. But one day it'll all make sense, I hope. 
bk2la981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bk2la981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 10:28pm
I do believe that better looking people definitely do get treated better, but being light skinned and having curly hair does not automatically make you pretty. kelly rowland looks are prettier than most light skinned girls. I'm pretty sure that those looks get preferential treatment over light skinned chicks with big curly hair the only one that comes to mind is beyonce our jewelz santanas chick. Beyonce was the star because her father was running the show. Fyi Ive always thought mama knowles looks like a monster, light skinned and big hair and all.
Hello! Tsuki View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hello! Tsuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by mangachan mangachan wrote:

People who are attractive are perceived and treated differently but that goes beyond "light skin dark skinned." Alot of it does have to do with how you present yourself.  I was perceived differently when I was younger (wore jeans, t-shirts and dirty sneaker) than I do now.  Still the same complexion...other things have changed inside and out.

Accept the things you can't change and change the things you can't accept.
IA. OP how do you present yourself? How do your friends present themselves?
nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 10:32pm
I knew I wasn't the most prettiful person in school. But I never got depressed about it. It is what is, you know? As a result, I created my own crazy personality that drew people to me. I honestly think that if I was drop dead gorgeous, I'd be so used to people coming to me, that my personality/self esteem would be underdeveloped, because I never had to put in work.
Also, I'd like to say that there are good things about being ugly. For example, your facial expressions are always funnier. Check out Emmanuel Hudson if you think I'm lying.
discreet. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discreet. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 10:37pm

Originally posted by discreet. discreet. wrote:

no i dont

Can you elaborate as to why you feel that way? I'm really interested in an opposite opinion/outlook! Smile

i dont think people treat lighter skin curly haired exotic or whatever you wanna call them better in everyday situations. i think maybe moreso in the entertainment industry but not at regular places of employment, school etc. i actually think that people who look like this (less black) are more likely to be treated badly by other black people who dont fit that" look"

hope that made sense im on my phone

You made sense! No worries. I disagree due to what I've experienced and seen but I definitely think you make sense. Smile Thanks for sharing this. I really love understanding people who don't agree with me because I can see where you're coming from clearly. 

I do understand the whole, women who look like this get ostracized by women who don't thing, because I know sometimes others will form misconceptions about women who look like this automatically being bourgeois(Forgive me, I mean boojie, I just wanted to try spelling it out as my spell check doesn't work. LOL So it may not even be spelled that way.~)  or thinking they're better than others. 

But I definitely feel they, women who look like this, are not more prone to being treated badly as women who don't have this look. I've seen my friends, who I love and adore as people, get away with certain things/doing certain things that are elementary and "normal" and people will praise them in extravagant ways professing their love for them in Shakespearean form. Basically like "Oh my dear heavenly lady! You are the sunshine of life. You are the archetype of a woman, not even a tree is as mesmerizing as you." They, my friends/women who look this way often get away with doing things that any other person would do, if able,  and get deemed as extraordinary just based on basic everyday activities/thoughts/lifestyle choices. (Which they very may well be depending on the person and who they are inside Embarrassed)

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
  Share Topic