Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Does anybody use youtuber made products?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
lalaLeslie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does anybody use youtuber made products?
    Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 11:48pm
I don't follow a lot of naturals on YT, or gurus in general, but when I look at their videos, I've noticed a lot of them have their own hair product lines. Does anyone actually use/buy their products?
Sponsored Links

Nigerian_princess View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 12:06am
I've only heard of Kimmaytube's making hair products, namely her ph balanced leave in condish. I can't say I've bought it, but I have used it tons of times ever since she showed the recipe like 2 years agoLOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 12:26am
Originally posted by Nigerian_princess Nigerian_princess wrote:

I've only heard of Kimmaytube's making hair products, namely her ph balanced leave in condish. I can't say I've bought it, but I have used it tons of times ever since she showed the recipe like 2 years agoLOL

Yeah a lot of them had showed recipes before actually making them. There are actually a lot though like the youtuber blackonyx has a line called Alikay Naturals (because her name alikay)
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 9:54am
Honestly no.  I know so many people will disagree with me and if there was a downvote button, it would be on fire when it comes to what I say:  I never considered purchasing anything from a youtuber because I feel like they are selling a dream/hype.  Especially when they try to slyly or not slyly promote it as a latest growth aid.  "Oh so if I buy this oil, my hair will hit the floor in eight weeks?" or "Oh if II buy your gel/serum or whatever, it can loosen my 4abc hair into 2a hair waves that doesn't frizz in the rain?" *pshhhttt* gurl bye with that nonsense.  I support those who are offering variety of hair products since everyone's hair doesn't respond well or are allergic to the following ingredients: coconut oil, wheat germ oil, shea butter, mango butter, tree nuts, latex, avocado oil, tea tree oil, etc.
IslandSuga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandSuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:17am
If I already have my staple products, no I will not purchase a youtuber's product line. Plus, i'm tired of buying products online, I prefer to buy the same type of their over priced product on the ground.
chinadoll77 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote chinadoll77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 11:11am
No.....I find ways to damage my hair on my own..
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 8:36pm
i don't intend to try any. I dont know anyone who does IRL. I already know what works for my hair and every time i try to deviate and be adventurous and daring with trying new products that i don't need, my hair always pays the price. I don't think Kimmay even uses her own products. Why should she? 
Conditioner is all i need, and my hair loves it. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 11:48pm
Yeah I didn't intend on buying youtubers products. I'm not really fond of buying things online much anyway. I was just wondering, who actually buys them. Maybe if they were in the store, I'd look at them, because I feel like that would give them a bit more credibility (and if they were affordable)
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 2:31am
I don't even buy Miss Jessie's. I'm a fan of making my own concoctions, and so many of the YT "gurus" sound so ridiculous on their videos, I have a hard time believing that they've seriously done the research & QC testing to ensure that their "products" have high efficacy rates with minimal side effects. I'll be my own "kitchen chemist" thank you! 
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 4:05pm
One of the main difference b/n the youtubers and other hair companies, is that you have gotten to know them a little through youtube. Or you think you know them. With most hair companies you do not get to see the face behind the product while it is developing and in the early stages. I rather support a black sister than a large company. If they are selling a product I need. My mindset is more than just about hair, it is about support black businesses as a whole. It is always a good feeling to see a small company you purchased products from rise to popularity and you can sit back quietly and know you helped them get there, yes I love that feeling. Like Carol's Daughter going from her kitchen to small store front and now available in a variety of upscale retail stores. I do not live in NY, so I was unable to support them in their early stages, but it was still good to see. Shima has a good hair oil, blackonyx, Hair perfection by coilyhead chick is getting rave reviews. I may try her hair perfection. I purchased Taliah Wajidd products straight from her when she first came out with her line, and I can say they were always good products but they have really gotten even better. Black women are some of the largest consumers of products we should be conscious of where we put out money, nothing wrong with supporting a sister from youtube when she develops a product. Especially if you have been following the person and like their youtube presence. Support them at least once, if you do not like it then do not buy again. This is what we do when we buy from white companies. Stop giving your money away. Most products on the market make great claims about their products that is marketing. And they should believe in their product. If they do not believe in it, then I surely will not. Support black businesses.

Edited by Veemack - Nov 18 2012 at 4:09pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>