IndianHair.net
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
IndianHairCompany.com

Do your parents still buy you stuff?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do your parents still buy you stuff?
    Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 7:39pm
If they do how old are you? Do you think there's an age when they should stop buying you things and giving you money.  I'm in my 30s but my father still buys me things and gives me money. I don't get things constantly maybe every few months, but my friend is always sarcastically saying things like did your daddy buy you that. I'm too independent to be asking my daddy for stuff. I'm like shut up bish.
Sponsored Links

Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 7:42pm
nope not since hs graduation.
but i buy my mom whatever she 
asks for.

jmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 7:46pm
My father is pretty well off. He has 6 kids and he spoils all of us.
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

only haters care if your parents (that can afford to do so and offer) buy you stuff

tell your friend to stfu
this  

and of course she does; i'm the baby.  my grandmother is the same way. 

really though-- i could say no, but they wouldn't listen. my grandmother has straight up gotten mad in the past at the times i've paid for things myself or refused to let her pick up a tab. my mom, on the other hand is more understanding of my "no thank you". it's rare that she draws a hard line and makes me take xyz from her. 

eta: i'm 30 Embarrassed

and i can be the same way. my mother is spoiled. i'm just glad/proud that she admits it so i don't look like a brat ass child when i tell her no.

Edited by nekamarie83 - Nov 06 2013 at 7:50pm
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 7:48pm
Woop woop@Squad'82

But yes my parents still do things from time to time..My mom always ask if I need anything... I give to them to out the blue its just how we are.....
Ive been called spoiled and a daddys girl but I dont see it ... but i have great parents.
nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 7:49pm
NO. Nobody buys me sh!t. But I live in their house without paying rent so I guess that would count as a gift/monetary benefit that they provide
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 7:52pm
They buy me stuff everyday and I'm 27. And I will keep accepting all of it until I'm 87 if need be.

Your parents buying you things doesn't make any less an adult and just be thankful you have a stable family that is secure enough to be able to provide for your needs and wants. That's the whole point of having family.

Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 7:53pm
HELL YEAH they do! Whenever I go visit my mom she gives my spending money...lol If she dont have it she at least gives my gas and toll! lol
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 7:59pm
My dad bought me a new computer a couple months ago Approve My mom buys small things for me. People say my sibling and I are spoiled but I think they're just jealous
jmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 8:12pm
Yeah she is jealous. He got me a Kate Spade bag I wanted, she was like what kind of bag is that?  I know your daddy got it for you. I told her my father got it for me on sale. She said that's a ghetto purse because black people are known for playing spades, and my purse has the spade logoLOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Double Leaf Wig
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic