Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Do your installs usually hurt from tension?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do your installs usually hurt from tension?
    Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 2:26pm
Mainly to those who get their hair done by someone,  do you usually experience discomfort following your sew ins? And if so, for how long?  

Edited by Daymarme - Jun 11 2014 at 2:26pm
Sponsored Links

Motheone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Motheone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 2:55pm
My last one I did for about 12 hours. I went home and popped 3 xrta strength Tylenol and 2 glasses of red wine true story. No breakage though, so that's a win.
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 3:14pm
lollll! ^^

I plan on trying a sew in with closure for the first time ever, so I'm a little nervous and I hope that it's not painful. I will make sure to tell her to PLEASE not install it too tight. 
juicifruit89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote juicifruit89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 5:45pm
Yeah, it should not be too painful or tight...beware of traction alopecia. 
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 10:02pm
Yes so true, my edges are so delicate and are thin. I am gonna go back to oiling them with castor oil...I think its due to high puffs i've been rocking. I left weave alone for a long time now, so i cant blame that. 
CurvyGirl27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CurvyGirl27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 11:40pm
Typically when I get them I do experience some discomfort the first night. But I think there's a difference between discomfort and tightness/pain. If it's extremely painful then that's a problem. Whenever I get them I do tell the stylist I do not want my braids really tight for this reasons. Usually as she's doing it, she will ask and test the tightness as a guide so I would suggest that. 
JaceDummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaceDummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 10:22pm
My hair is still recovering from going to a girl that braided it too tight. Bish had the nerve to have a following too. I can't believe I allowed someone without a cosmetology license to jack up my hair. Now I got little sprouts of hair around my edges. 
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 6:56am
Nope.  My braider doesn't braid too tight.  And her braids last.
PrettyMinmi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PrettyMinmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 10:25am
Well for me I typically cannot leave my installs in for a month so I don't go to a hair salon I let my mom do it..since it's free. Anyway I usually get a ton of headaches toward the end of my install before it has to come out and at the beginning its just somewhat tight but it wears off in less than a week. When it's time to go out if I'm exceeding my time I get visual headaches it's basically like staring at the sun or light for too long where you can see the little sun spots in your line of vision. When that happens I know I need to take it out right away as I have too much tension on my head..my hair grows really fast too so it usually means the extensions are dead weight on my head.

Anyhow because of that I limit the number of weeks I wear my install before I refresh it to avoid that.
hookiedo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookiedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 3:12pm
The times that my mother has done my install it did hurt a bit for maybe a day. I try to do my own hair though because only I know what feels comfortable for me.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic