BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do you wash your meat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 10:46am
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

A coworker said she soaks hers in DAWN overnight. I don't know about that but I guess they are definitely clean lol

I worked with a lady that did the same thing. She brought me some of her greens and they tasted like dawn too.

We soak all our greens veggies in salted water.... wash rinse and repeat
Sponsored Links

NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 11:08am

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

^^^^^IA.  with my gramma...she taught me washing greens is a process.  The amount of bugs and dirt that would come off...   *shudders*

yeah it's a whole day's job cleaning up fresh greensLOL. I still say I don't know how the women did it back in day (gathering from gardens, cleaning, chopping, cooking, etc for each meal). I admire their fortitude.

I really dont know how they did it...I guess that since people had large families back then, there were always chillun of all ages to give tasks to so it was all a group effort.
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

LOL I was like.. what the fck is a baggy Diane?!Cry I was picturing ziplock bags with wet underwear hanging in the bathroom. But ok got it 

My Nigerian friend used to have underwears hanging in her bathroom. I always just thought she was having period accidents (maybe it was that too)

LORTTTTTTT lol i introduced them to black soap, we cut up the bars but i needed ziplock bags to put them in. So i shouted where are the baggies i cant find any in the kitchen?! the whole set of them STOPPED DEAD IN THEIR TRACKS and asked why in God's name am i asking that for out loud? and why would baggies be in the kitchen?! I had to show them that a ziploc bag = a baggy tooCry

Glam i wont lie though i buy coconut water and oil from the market/supermarket. Dont judge me like Derri and the crew.  but What would the old ladies from the country do without my cash?Embarrassed

All this procesed flour with gluten to cause stomach mucus(for some persons) but they laugh when we make cassava and potato flour.

oh lord Neem was the next one. neem toothpaste, neem for you skin

Fruits that are just too shiny and perfect and take looooonggg to spoil. SMDH

PPL dont slep on lemon grass the reason we cant use our is because the dogs stay laying in it (they no more than we do)

Lort the herbs and bushes!!! i dont drink them (i need to know how much to use, dont wanna be drinking ablood thinner and dieCry) but they do work!! There's an niche here regarding that herbs and thing waiting to be tapped. Jamaica biodiversity is said to be top five in the world.
Star
Dead at dog licking face = e coli and not washing hands. YT ppl seem to be rather lax as it relates to hygiene for true. lolol im not saying we dont either but generally they on another level with it (i've never forgotten the sponge thing OR SL's YT roomate microwaving her drawlsDead

the next big marketing scam to take the colored folks processes and products and to make them the new innovative pricey superfood. gourmet grocery stores have huge ads touting collard greens as the new superfood

Collards? lies you tell ! dead at their system not being able to handle it.

i Remember the thread those African slings for the babies and you pointing out the head shapersCryCryCry 

sorrel had similar properties to cranberry but higher levels of antioxidants (yet still we were paying $$$$$ from cranberry juice ocean spray. A local company (big co.) came up with CranWata (Wata is the reg bottled water Brand and Ocean spray logo on the bottle) the biggest gimmick/con ive ever seen. Water +wayyyyyy diluted ocean spray c/berry juice IT's a hit. SMDH

Heres the kicker- where the multinationals companies aint $hit! after it became a hit Ocean spray reneged on the deal and came out with their own cran-water, CranSplash. So the orig. can no longer put the ocean spray logo on the bottle SMDH

how can we forget the vagina steaming business! $$$$ for hot water and salt and a few Essential oils if you are lucky

They steal everything that we were chastised for doing and then sell it back to us repackaged like its a new thing. I spot them from a mileAngry

nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 11:18am
Woah i read the title of this thread and thought it was directed to all the BHM men. I didnt know it was talking about actual edible meat that you cook withConfused
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

A coworker said she soaks hers in DAWN overnight. I don't know about that but I guess they are definitely clean lol

I worked with a lady that did the same thing. She brought me some of her greens and they tasted like dawn too.

LOL
LOL
LOL

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

^^^^^IA.  with my gramma...she taught me washing greens is a process.  The amount of bugs and dirt that would come off...   *shudders*

yeah it's a whole day's job cleaning up fresh greensLOL. I still say I don't know how the women did it back in day (gathering from gardens, cleaning, chopping, cooking, etc for each meal). I admire their fortitude.

I really dont know how they did it...I guess that since people had large families back then, there were always chillun of all ages to give tasks to so it was all a group effort.

Is that why people had more children back then? LOLLOL
my sister did say she wanted to have kids to get 'some help.' LOL. This was only 15 years ago though and she wasn't doing any farming LOLLOL

Edited by PurplePhase - Apr 30 2014 at 1:47pm
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 1:49pm
Diane, you hit the nail on the head. ALL OF THE NAILS! That is awful about the 'Cran Water' concept being pushed out for ''Cran Splash'. Every niche Celeb Chef or product out there starts off with a 'nice & friendly' non-person of color going into a partnership with a unsuspecting person of color and buying their recipes & formulas for next to nothing then getting rich off their back and pushing them out.

I was watching a show on the public channel over the weekend about some restaurant in North Carolina that is known for seasonal & locally grown comfort foods. They were talking about how people from all over USA order their canned tomatos. Of course they then show this very elderly black lady come out and they explain that she used to be the restaurant owner's family cook and that they learned the technique of selecting/scalding/canning the tomatoes from her and they had her to show her technique that had been passed down for generations. No one said ish about whether granny is on the payroll or got compensated for showing them step by step how to can the best tomatoes. They just had her propped up there on tv doing it to further exploit her and to make the food seem 'down home'.Ouch

Edited by NJHairLuv - Apr 30 2014 at 2:17pm
whosbotheringme View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 2:00pm

Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Is that why people had more children back then? LOLLOL
my sister did say she wanted to have kids to get 'some help.' LOL. This was only 15 years ago though and she wasn't doing any farming LOLLOL

My great grandmother had a vegetable garden - in Brooklyn - when I was growing up.  Snapping beans and shucking corn was the kids job.Ermm  And a host of other crap.  But there is nothing like veggies grown in someone's garden.  But my thumb is not just brown for decorative purposes.Disapprove
NuAttitude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NuAttitude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 2:34pm

yes.  I wash then let soak in a lemon, vinegar and water mixture then season.  I'd wash ground beef if I could. 
Do y'all rinse your rice before you cook? *not to hijack the thread in it's infancy*

Yes, but only for Carolina rice.  I was introduced to Jasmine rice so now I just pour, boil n steam.  Dam I'm hooked on this new rice. Wink
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 3:16pm
I don't rinse my rice but then again I cook with basmati rice.  I can understand why some folks would rinse their rice but I noticed certain species of rice don't "cook up" right if you pre-rinse it.  I say do whatever feels comfortable for you.  It ain't like we are hosting a BHM potluck anytime soon or are we?Stern Smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic