Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Do you wash your meat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 9:53am
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

*When you lose your old world traditions, you lose important info.  Anyone with 'old world' traditions cleans meat in some way whether it is wil lemon, lime, garlic,white vinegar or salt & water. 

Cross contamination is not a problem from washing meat b/c you are not splashing the wash water everything and you are still heavily bleaching the utensils and countertops before cooking the food.

People have been washing meat around the world since the beginning of time. Then get to the melting pot of USA and start doing what they see white folks do then start getting white man sicknesses like frequent stomach viruses (ecoli). THEN white hipsters will sell you a $25 e-book for your Kindle about cleaning meat and you will think that you have the new radical health food innovation. Then Doctor Oz will have some blockbuster episode teaching you how to clean meat and it will be a big rage to clean meat as though folks havent been doing it.

Clap
Sponsored Links

Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

always...with lime juice or ACV

waits for the other west indians to chime inLOL
yes or I use a fresh lime when it comes to my Fish
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 10:19am
I have some chicken marinating in some masala curry powder for the past 15 hours or so.
Of course it was soaked with vinegar and lemon first, rinsed and pat dried before seasoning.

We don't cook meat the same day we season, either. 'Pepper and salt' is our inside joke in our family because when we migrated here, we were floored that pepper and salt is all the seasonings that meat get when white ppl cook. Black pepper, at that.

My mom makes her special 'green seasoning' and parcels it off for my sister and I.

Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 10:22am
Yes, all the time except ground beef
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 10:29am

Thinking of cutting meat out of my diet for the rest of the year.
I did it from 2012-some of 2013. Something is definitely up with the chicken.
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 10:46am
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

A coworker said she soaks hers in DAWN overnight. I don't know about that but I guess they are definitely clean lol

I worked with a lady that did the same thing. She brought me some of her greens and they tasted like dawn too.

We soak all our greens veggies in salted water.... wash rinse and repeat
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 11:08am

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

^^^^^IA.  with my gramma...she taught me washing greens is a process.  The amount of bugs and dirt that would come off...   *shudders*

yeah it's a whole day's job cleaning up fresh greensLOL. I still say I don't know how the women did it back in day (gathering from gardens, cleaning, chopping, cooking, etc for each meal). I admire their fortitude.

I really dont know how they did it...I guess that since people had large families back then, there were always chillun of all ages to give tasks to so it was all a group effort.
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

LOL I was like.. what the fck is a baggy Diane?!Cry I was picturing ziplock bags with wet underwear hanging in the bathroom. But ok got it 

My Nigerian friend used to have underwears hanging in her bathroom. I always just thought she was having period accidents (maybe it was that too)

LORTTTTTTT lol i introduced them to black soap, we cut up the bars but i needed ziplock bags to put them in. So i shouted where are the baggies i cant find any in the kitchen?! the whole set of them STOPPED DEAD IN THEIR TRACKS and asked why in God's name am i asking that for out loud? and why would baggies be in the kitchen?! I had to show them that a ziploc bag = a baggy tooCry

Glam i wont lie though i buy coconut water and oil from the market/supermarket. Dont judge me like Derri and the crew.  but What would the old ladies from the country do without my cash?Embarrassed

All this procesed flour with gluten to cause stomach mucus(for some persons) but they laugh when we make cassava and potato flour.

oh lord Neem was the next one. neem toothpaste, neem for you skin

Fruits that are just too shiny and perfect and take looooonggg to spoil. SMDH

PPL dont slep on lemon grass the reason we cant use our is because the dogs stay laying in it (they no more than we do)

Lort the herbs and bushes!!! i dont drink them (i need to know how much to use, dont wanna be drinking ablood thinner and dieCry) but they do work!! There's an niche here regarding that herbs and thing waiting to be tapped. Jamaica biodiversity is said to be top five in the world.
Star
Dead at dog licking face = e coli and not washing hands. YT ppl seem to be rather lax as it relates to hygiene for true. lolol im not saying we dont either but generally they on another level with it (i've never forgotten the sponge thing OR SL's YT roomate microwaving her drawlsDead

the next big marketing scam to take the colored folks processes and products and to make them the new innovative pricey superfood. gourmet grocery stores have huge ads touting collard greens as the new superfood

Collards? lies you tell ! dead at their system not being able to handle it.

i Remember the thread those African slings for the babies and you pointing out the head shapersCryCryCry 

sorrel had similar properties to cranberry but higher levels of antioxidants (yet still we were paying $$$$$ from cranberry juice ocean spray. A local company (big co.) came up with CranWata (Wata is the reg bottled water Brand and Ocean spray logo on the bottle) the biggest gimmick/con ive ever seen. Water +wayyyyyy diluted ocean spray c/berry juice IT's a hit. SMDH

Heres the kicker- where the multinationals companies aint $hit! after it became a hit Ocean spray reneged on the deal and came out with their own cran-water, CranSplash. So the orig. can no longer put the ocean spray logo on the bottle SMDH

how can we forget the vagina steaming business! $$$$ for hot water and salt and a few Essential oils if you are lucky

They steal everything that we were chastised for doing and then sell it back to us repackaged like its a new thing. I spot them from a mileAngry

nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 11:18am
Woah i read the title of this thread and thought it was directed to all the BHM men. I didnt know it was talking about actual edible meat that you cook withConfused
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

A coworker said she soaks hers in DAWN overnight. I don't know about that but I guess they are definitely clean lol

I worked with a lady that did the same thing. She brought me some of her greens and they tasted like dawn too.

LOL
LOL
LOL

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon