BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Do you wash your meat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

OT: I was just laughing in the shower while thinking about those of you who get real judgmental about the machine washers and think the most effective/disinfectant way to wash your underwear is by hand in the shower LOL.

that debate is always fun to read

yep yepLOLLOL

GURRLLLLL im in a dorm room like situation at a house (its a couple of us) I havent seen not one "baggy" hanging in the shower and no one has gone downstairs to the clothesline. SO i finally had to ask WTF are the baggies?!CryCryCryCry Ive been drying mine in the closet by the window. Chicks have them in their bags and im side eyeing them hard j/k

LV i urge you get a Caribbean woman to wash your clothes by hand (fist) not using a device-plunger or the washboard. Clean as a whistle!

but its a cultural thing though. machines were unheard of fo rmost pf the population for a long time and still baggies in machine or asking your maid to wash them will get you JUDGEDDDDDD
Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 12:09am
Originally posted by whosbotheringme whosbotheringme wrote:

Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

I've never been NO Oprah fan LOL- but yes there is so many Argan oil, macadamia nut, olive oil coconut oil, everywhere... I see some people held on to PINK lotion and Blue magic so ... lol you right

I use pink oil (girllll....I love it for when I am doing my underbraids), Blue Magic for sealing my ends and I use old school pressing oil and the red marcel wax. Im really old school though and use a lot of passed down traditions and the stuff I used on my hair & skin b4 people became bald headded and balded edges in the 1990-present times. I love Oprah, but I do not blindly follow any celeb/guru/expert. I look at wat my badd azz 96 yr old granny, my great aunts and uncles and my 74 yr old parents do that works for them.

Look at how people blindly trust the 'triple washed' spinach in a bag, then every year there is a spinach recall due to ecoli and people panic. Keep washing your meat & vegetables as you always do and keep rinsing the rice (removes some of the excess starch).

All fruits and veggies go in vinegar water faery tears to soak.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 12:11am

OT: I was just laughing in the shower while thinking about those of you who get real judgmental about the machine washers and think the most effective/disinfectant way to wash your underwear is by hand in the shower LOL.

ain't it tho.  I love it when the sh*t gets outlandish.LOL
whosbotheringme View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 12:25am
A lot of dirt comes of the veggies/fruit when you put then in vinegar water.  I find that sometimes they spoil slower than they would if you don't do that also  /shrug.'

Greens and crap from farms/markets have a LOT of dirt on them.  A gritty pot of greens is the WORSE.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 12:30am
^^^^^IA.  with my gramma...she taught me washing greens is a process.  The amount of bugs and dirt that would come off...   *shudders*
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 12:44am
yes those little fat worms on collard greens btw (collagreens) btw who knew this word was spelled with a D? LOL so called English is so hard!
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 12:45am
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

People have been washing meat around the world since the beginning of time. Then get to the melting pot of USA and start doing what they see white folks do then start getting white man sicknesses like frequent stomach viruses (ecoli). THEN white hipsters will sell you a $25 e-book for your Kindle about cleaning meat and you will think that you have the new radical health food innovation. Then Doctor Oz will have some blockbuster episode teaching you how to clean meat and it will be a big rage to clean meat as though folks havent been doing it.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

look here ive never heard of one case of e-coli salmonella ebola virus in Jamaica everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from i born. food poisoning rare too

My mommy says 1) coconut oil that they used to cook with everyday was somhow bad for you and then braps! its the hot thing again
2) bulgar same thing 
3) lemon grass that we call fever grass
4) sorrel similar antioxidants 
lawwdd when there was this push for cocnut water over the last few years i nearly DIED!

Everyday its another raas miracle food- fruit, plant that we (the people of colour) have been using since time immemorial (back it wasn't oh so backward then, for using the fruit of the land instead of  their mass produced commercial additives and preservative laden ish) but when YTs jump on it, its the new holy grail and prices reach sky high (noni, acai berry, pomegranate)

Sidenote many Jamaicans fail to realise pomegrante is the fruit we call "pang-ga-nut" and many other deviations of that phrase "punny granny" is oneCry! so they stay paying$$$$ for supm in their front yardsLOLLOL AND they just cant read the word. I swear even yesterday i had to point it out to my friends, by having them sound out the word "pomegranate" on the bottle of body wash they were using #dead

i agree with all of this. what is this ecoli business? stop letting your dog lick your face & mouth and eat off your plate. wash your hands frequently. use bleach in your kitchen. wash your hands after using the bathroom. these are all things that the whites are lax with. when you are at work here, every white persn has a photo on their desk with the dog licking their mouth and they walk clear  out the toilet wiithout even touching soap and water.

they tried to say coconut oil was bad, then spiked the prices smh...my friend in barbados said that he hd to get used to the heat when he moved there and i said, you better drink cocnut water and he said 'hi have to look for it at the grocery store' Confused i was like, no you betta buss open a damm coconut from the back yard or buy the cocnut water from the dude on the side of the road on your way to work. people have stuff at their finger tip and overlook it.

i know what you mean about lemon grass and sorrell. as soon as a person gets sick, they are getting some 'special' tea and it really helps. then the corporations find out and it is a huge payday for them. it is ridiculous.

i would love to be able to have a warm enough climate to grow pomegranate.  A old regional tradition that my family followed is to give a box filled with nuts and fruit including pomegranate as the main part of the christmas gift. the pomegranate is so high in vitamin c you make it through the winter without a deficiency. now people are acting like it is new and exotic. i swear these people wear me out.  i just stick with what i know and im always fascinated by the next big marketing scam to take the colored folks processes and products and to make them the new innovative pricey superfood. gourmet grocery stores have huge ads touting collard greens as the new superfood. generic usa white peoples' systems cant even handle collards. it is a laxative to them b/c they are used to low fiber food so i think that it is hilarous. as long as they dont try to make my beloved okra, mustard and turnip greens and rutabaga the next 'discovery' lol im just worn out by the whole marketing process of it allLOL
iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 1:22am
I wash poultry and seafood. I never really washed beef. Mainly because I wast raised eating it much. I learned to cook it from food network and they don't wash it.

I don't typically eat rice ( only cooked it about twice ) my mom washes hers though.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 1:32am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

ain't it tho.  I love it when the sh*t gets outlandish.LOL

I agree. These are my favorite threads. Ilike to read about the techniques that people use and also the products that the require or product/techniques that they condemn. Guaranteed to get outlandishLOL

There was one called 'How often do you mop your floors'. I think that people got cussed out by page 2LOLCryLOL

There was one where someone posted a video of Ateyaa cooking some seafood and called the thread, 'What is missing in this video' and people hammered the video for not having cleaning techniques that would meet the BHM standard of approvalLOLLOLLOLLOL
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 1:35am
I have never eaten gritty greens before..im way too picky about whose collards I will eat. I most definitely was taught to scrub each leaf by hand and my mom/aunts/uncles have told horror stories about gritty collards so im scared to eat them from just anywhere.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>