BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do you wash your meat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 14>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 5:45pm
When it's soaking, I put them in btw my two palms of my hands and use both of hands to scrub them (grain against grain). I do it to both grits and rice to get some of the extra bleach off.

I know it sounds strange but I followed my grandma's method (from the deep south in SC....the dirtiest of the dirt roads).

Ok I hope I made some sense because it's hard typing during my happy hour. I be drinking. ..I be drinking.
Sponsored Links

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

what's in the water you;re washing it with tho?

j/k
lol same thing that's in the so called bottle water...

right. so what can you/general wash it with? the faucet or bottled water  may not be all clean and purifying either.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 5:51pm

what's in the water you;re washing it with tho?

j/k
lol same thing that's in the so called bottle water...

right. so what can you/general wash it with? the faucet or bottled water  may not be all clean and purifying either.

that's why you use boiled water.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 5:53pm
I'm just playing with yall. I have a 30 min wash/sanitize procedure before I will  eat an apple and I'm not even eating the peels! lol. So I can relate to this food washing. 

Edited by PurplePhase - Apr 30 2014 at 1:47am
whosbotheringme View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

I've never been NO Oprah fan LOL- but yes there is so many Argan oil, macadamia nut, olive oil coconut oil, everywhere... I see some people held on to PINK lotion and Blue magic so ... lol you right

I use pink oil (girllll....I love it for when I am doing my underbraids), Blue Magic for sealing my ends and I use old school pressing oil and the red marcel wax. Im really old school though and use a lot of passed down traditions and the stuff I used on my hair & skin b4 people became bald headded and balded edges in the 1990-present times. I love Oprah, but I do not blindly follow any celeb/guru/expert. I look at wat my badd azz 96 yr old granny, my great aunts and uncles and my 74 yr old parents do that works for them.

Look at how people blindly trust the 'triple washed' spinach in a bag, then every year there is a spinach recall due to ecoli and people panic. Keep washing your meat & vegetables as you always do and keep rinsing the rice (removes some of the excess starch).

All fruits and veggies go in vinegar water to soak.
texasmami0117 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote texasmami0117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 6:54pm

im too lazy for all this

bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 6:55pm
i wash it everytime i take a shower
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

i wash it everytime i take a shower

in ACV?
you go boy
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 7:40pm
Vinegar, lemon juice, etc.. are tenderizers.
So even though washing is technically not what is happening you are actually influencing how the meat tastes. I see no problem with it but I rinse only.

I rinse rice before cooking and after I bring it to a rapid boil I drain, rinse, add water to about an inch or two higher than the rice, butter seasons, and let cook till fluffy.

Edited by melikey - Apr 29 2014 at 7:45pm
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 9:06pm
If water is as bad as some people say it is! We in BIG trouble, we bathing in it everyday and drinking products made from tap water- etc. our skin is our biggest organ and its soaking up all the toxic chemicals NO water is safe! We need to do something about this food and water problems in the world!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 14>
  Share Topic