Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Do you wash your meat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

I've never been NO Oprah fan LOL- but yes there is so many Argan oil, macadamia nut, olive oil coconut oil, everywhere... I see some people held on to PINK lotion and Blue magic so ... lol you right

I use pink oil (girllll....I love it for when I am doing my underbraids), Blue Magic for sealing my ends and I use old school pressing oil and the red marcel wax. Im really old school though and use a lot of passed down traditions and the stuff I used on my hair & skin b4 people became bald headded and balded edges in the 1990-present times. I love Oprah, but I do not blindly follow any celeb/guru/expert. I look at wat my badd azz 96 yr old granny, my great aunts and uncles and my 74 yr old parents do that works for them.

Look at how people blindly trust the 'triple washed' spinach in a bag, then every year there is a spinach recall due to ecoli and people panic. Keep washing your meat & vegetables as you always do and keep rinsing the rice (removes some of the excess starch).
Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 4:34pm
i don't cook meat like white people cook meat so I can't follow their marinating advice.
i tried that once and it was bland as fvck!
so I will continue to wash my meat--I ain't kill myself yet from crosscontamination and neither has my 91 year old granny. stay blessed FDA
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 4:37pm
Washing Meat is a must for me, either Distilled Vinegar, Lemons, or Limes.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 4:39pm
this topic caused a huge fall out the last time it was around

ah good times!
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 4:40pm
lol
mzsophisticated View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzsophisticated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 4:42pm
One of my besties she is haitian and when i saw her clean the meat its a full out process i thought she started cooking but nope just the cleaning process
1. Boiled pot of water with vinegar
2. Rinsed the chicken
3. Let the chicken sit in a bowl full of lemon juice while the watrr was boiling
4. Poured the boiling hot water in the bowl with the chicken and let sit 5-10 mins
then she proceeded to rinse, season and cook it in the oven....i was like damn. She said that is how she was tought to clean meat and she knew no other way

Edited by mzsophisticated - Apr 29 2014 at 4:45pm
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by mzsophisticated mzsophisticated wrote:

One of my besties she is haitian and when i saw her clean the meat its a full out process i thought she started cooking but nope just the cleaning process
2. Rinsed the chicken
3. Let the chicken sit in a bowl full of lemon juice while the watrr was boiling
4. Poured the boiling hot water in the bowl with the chicken and let sit 5-10 mins
then she proceeded to rinse, season and cook it in the oven....i was like damn. She said that is how she was tought to clean meat and she knew no other way

yup.
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 4:53pm
Yes, but I know it don't do nothing. Just for my piece of mind. I don't use nothing special but hot water and salt. 
Then I get to disinfecting the area.
Rice and wash for the starch. As far as killing bacteria, the cooking does that. 
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by mzsophisticated mzsophisticated wrote:

2. Rinsed the chicken

I'll do that if that only if we just killed it.
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Ladycoils Ladycoils wrote:

Yep! washing is a must
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style