Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do you think they let some people die?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 1:45am
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

So this was a rhetorical question

No. I want to know what you personally think and if you witnessed or know of any situations that made you suspicious? 

Honestly, not to the best of my knowledge.....
Sponsored Links

Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 1:45am
I hope thats not the case.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 2:14am
I can believe it. They already treat Black patients with less care in this country so...Ouch

I think it happened in the past when people were able to openly not give a hoot about Brown folk.
PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 4:08am

In emergency situations? Do you think there are situations where--say a gun shot victim comes in, a black male--and the staff don't do all they can to save him? I don't know anything about hospital protocols but I've always wondered about this. Let me know if I'm way off.

I guess it is possible, but unlikely.  Most er staff get such a rush out of saving lives, they are adreneline junkies.
Harmonii View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Harmonii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 4:10am
Took me three trips for the fools at Emory to realize I had heart failure. Went one weekend, then back the next, then the next. Each time swelling up ( CHF gives u fluid build up) and each time those idiots "listened" to my heart. It wasn't until I managed to drag myself and kids at 1:30 am crying and not able to really move that one doc finally paid attention. Because he actually took the time to listen and think to do an EKG that I'm alive.
I get sad every time I think about it.
Harmonii View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Harmonii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 4:11am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

I can believe it. They already treat Black patients with less care in this country so...Ouch

I think it happened in the past when people were able to openly not give a hoot about Brown folk.

They sure do..I just wrote about my case.
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 4:22am
Originally posted by PeacefulOne PeacefulOne wrote:

In emergency situations? Do you think there are situations where--say a gun shot victim comes in, a black male--and the staff don't do all they can to save him? I don't know anything about hospital protocols but I've always wondered about this. Let me know if I'm way off.

I guess it is possible, but unlikely.  Most er staff get such a rush out of saving lives, they are adreneline junkies.

I've thought of this, too--hat to them, saving a life is a challenge and a reflection on their skill and competence so prejudices may not matter all that much.
PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 5:50am
Originally posted by Harmonii Harmonii wrote:

Took me three trips for the fools at Emory to realize I had heart failure. Went one weekend, then back the next, then the next. Each time swelling up ( CHF gives u fluid build up) and each time those idiots "listened" to my heart. It wasn't until I managed to drag myself and kids at 1:30 am crying and not able to really move that one doc finally paid attention. Because he actually took the time to listen and think to do an EKG that I'm alive.
I get sad every time I think about it.

Sorry that happened to you!  Most women are under diagnosed when they present with cardiac issues, because they present different from men.  Unless you get an ER doc that has a few miles on him, which is tough because so many burn out fast.
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 5:58am
I believe it happens, especially with the elderly and gang stabbings/shootings. Life deemed less than. 
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 7:23am
not deliberately. can doctors be neglectful, negligent and fatigued and cut corners? yes.  our opinions don't really matter though--u need to survey those in the medical field.

idk about gunshot victims--i do know a trauma surgeon told me the best places to work are in the hood if you're trying to learn bc people get shot all the time and those places have the best trauma units.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>