Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Do you think the stigma of wearing wigs has gone?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do you think the stigma of wearing wigs has gone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 10:37pm
I know in college, sometimes it was talked about when a 19 or 20 something wearing a busted wig was seen on campus. But then again, all bad hair was fair play.

In the real word, don't no one really curr.Smile
Sponsored Links

laceyfront View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Originally posted by <FONT color=#ff0000 size=4><B>laceyfront laceyfront wrote:

Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

No......Maybe weave but I don't know about wigs lol I can't see myself buying a wig.

ohhh the ironing LOLLOL
Ouch
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 12:16am
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

do you wear u parts too Ricky?

yes or I split lfs at my parts myself to leave out very very little

Edited by rickysrose - Jan 04 2013 at 12:38am
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 12:19am
my sister made me my first wig for my birthday. I'm so scared to wear it, because I feel very unattractive in wigs and weave. We'll see how it goes. 
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 12:43am
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

do you wear u parts too Ricky?

yes or I split lfs at my parts myself to leave out very very little

I was just watching a YTube vid on this last night. Good idea. Do you add combs around the split?
Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 3:32am
Originally posted by zsazsa zsazsa wrote:

Not weave but wearing a wig. Are you comfortable to say it's a wig or do you think people still only think you must be bald as a babies bottom to wear wigs?

Do you tell people it's a weave rather than wig when asked? 

Yes, I think wigs still carry a stigma to them because people think maybe you are bald underneath. But how can being bald be a source of dismissal or a putdown? Just shows how petty people are Confused You never know when you might have a problem with your hair so ... karma can be a b....

Wigs have been around for ages but weaves just started 25 some years ago. I remember when they first came out - what a shocker.

That said - I wear lace wigs - but umm mainly people think it's mine or a partial (back) weave... as they think the front is mine. (Weaves take your hair out eventually but wigs help grow out your hair)

I don't tell people it's a wig - what for? So they can say 'really? .. but how did you get this part to look that way etc..? So then we have to go through the whoooole conversation and people just look at you like you have just grown another head out of the side of your neck! Hee hee!

To wear it well depends on the application. I use low density, 14 - 16 inch units, natural color, where I thin and customize the edges myself and the texture (now) is kinky curly. Makes a big difference. If you go with the silky units and all sorts of colors and whatnot, with the out-of-the-box hairlines, and 24 inches etc... yes, everyone will know what's on your head. (It's like makeup .. keep it minimal or else it looks fake. But this is a wasted comment on this forum with the tremendous makeup looks I see)Ouch

I have seen some horrors though.... so I understand why people don't like them. Oh well.

Edited by Becky - Jan 04 2013 at 3:41am
grandhustle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grandhustle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 3:46am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

See I don't see those here.
I see wigs hovering around foreheads .

I still see those wigs with the black bands around it here

And they come straight from the Kim's on broad river lol.

Admittedly I did see a good closure app on NYE. I was shocked actually.
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 7:17am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Why? Are white women starting to wear them?

lmfao LOL

I actually sat in a conversation where two white women were talking about buying wigs and how these one group of white women always having perfect hair because they wear wigs. 

But anyways, I don't openly talk about whether I am wearing wig or weave if I receive a complement unless we close.
TOUSHA11 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TOUSHA11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 8:27am
There is still a stigma But like one POSTER said I do not understand why one FAKE IS BETTER THEN ANOTHER FAKE WEAVES ARE LOOKED AS MORE ACCEPTABLE THEN WIGS. I still wear my WIGS WITH PRIDE AND CONFIDENCE wigs have come a long way over the years. Long as the WIG looks good and you look good I do not care what anybody thinks. But please do not walk around with a tumble weed on top of your head that is not Acceptable. I love all fake HAIR DO YOU.
laceyfront View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by TOUSHA11 TOUSHA11 wrote:

There is still a stigma But like one POSTER said I do not understand why one FAKE IS BETTER THEN ANOTHER FAKE WEAVES ARE LOOKED AS MORE ACCEPTABLE THEN WIGS. I still wear my WIGS WITH PRIDE AND CONFIDENCE wigs have come a long way over the years. Long as the WIG looks good and you look good I do not care what anybody thinks. But please do not walk around with a tumble weed on top of your head that is not Acceptable. I love all fake HAIR DO YOU.
Calm yo tits
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>