BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do you think dark girls will be mainstream

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 28>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 12 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

*confusedly turns head slowly, stopping to focus eyes directly into the camera*

eta: Confused, not creepy like dude in gk's gif.

LOL Dead LOL
Sponsored Links

Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by princesshoneybee princesshoneybee wrote:

Originally posted by Miss B Miss B wrote:

Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

It's just a coincidence that ALL the major black pop stars are blonde with light eyes? or mixed? 

and what do all the great song writers look like...I'll wait.

but song writers aren't as successful as the artists though. It would kill me to watch someone else get successful off my work

It's a different kind of work. Song-writers get to go to their kids soccer games and family member's birthday parties all while making money every time their song is downloaded, played in a commercial, movie, TV show, etc. Every time that artist (or another) performs that song live, they get paid.

And they can do all that while looking raggedy with tracks showing if they want. It's a really nice way to get paid while having 1/4 of the stress. Song-writers win.

But they don't get the joy of traveling the world and inspiring people with their great performances. Or the honor of performing for high profile people.

Some of that is true. But you said success, and that means diff things for diff people. Your own definition of that will change as you get older. You can use your millions in royalities to travel the world on your own time and actually get to enjoy the place you're in instead of going there, sound checking, performing, sleeping, then hitting the road the next day. Ask any singer on tour. They barely see the places they perform.

BoutThatLife View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BoutThatLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 11:43pm
I might be the only one who still watches music videos, but there have been more dark skinned women featured in videos and even the lead roles . I think this is what's going to push more favor towards them. notable famous men in the aa community like Rick Ross,Lebron James,Dwayne wade and future (even tho he Haitian) are dating darker women. I forgot what Ciara looked like but i'm pretty sure she's medium brown, which is much darker than the typical rapper gf...

most ppl are like monkey see, monkey do so if they see poplar guys with dark girls then they'll want one too
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 12:17am
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

Originally posted by Gia2009 Gia2009 wrote:

Originally posted by happy 4b happy 4b wrote:

Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

i dont think she has to have 'thin' features either.. 
rhi doesnt have a small nose.. 

Rihanna is light skinned, she has green eyes, and they contour her nose all the time.

Her eyes are contacts and she was caramel until she bleached!Just look at the video "SOS"

i dont think her eyes are contacts. i think they just change

those are her natural eyes. you're right.

GIA2009-while her mother and grandmother are both dark, both her grandfather and father are light skinned and her grandfather has light eyes
afrikan gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrikan gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 12:21am
Mainstream is overrated...  but yeah it will eventually get there
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 12:25am
i know a guy whos mom and dad are bot brown.. and hes dark.. and he has bright green eyes. 

Anah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Anah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 12:32am
Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

we already are mainstream

imagepeople just can't see it yet....
The ironing of this gif...
princesshoneybee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote princesshoneybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 9:36pm

Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

It's just a coincidence that ALL the major black pop stars are blonde with light eyes? or mixed? 

and what do all the great song writers look like...I'll wait.

but song writers aren't as successful as the artists though. It would kill me to watch someone else get successful off my work

It's a different kind of work. Song-writers get to go to their kids soccer games and family member's birthday parties all while making money every time their song is downloaded, played in a commercial, movie, TV show, etc. Every time that artist (or another) performs that song live, they get paid.

And they can do all that while looking raggedy with tracks showing if they want. It's a really nice way to get paid while having 1/4 of the stress. Song-writers win.

But they don't get the joy of traveling the world and inspiring people with their great performances. Or the honor of performing for high profile people.

Some of that is true. But you said success, and that means diff things for diff people. Your own definition of that will change as you get older. You can use your millions in royalities to travel the world on your own time and actually get to enjoy the place you're in instead of going there, sound checking, performing, sleeping, then hitting the road the next day. Ask any singer on tour. They barely see the places they perform.

v

I think fame is so much more special imo. It must be crazy cool to have fans and be VIP
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2013 at 6:23pm
I forgot all about this interview

Yall go too hard on Tina Creole Knowles Ouch

Via Page Six: Kelly Rowland has revealed she wanted to look white. The singer said she thought having lighter skin would boost her career. But she changed her mind after a chat with bandmate Beyonce's mother - who told her to embrace her appearance.

She said: "I remember wishing I was more fair-skinned. "It's said that brown-skinned girls don't sell magazines and that's so sad. But Tina Knowles, Beyonce's mom, would say, 'Don't you know how beautiful you are?'

She made me come into my brown beauty. I didn't get it, but now I do." She told a US magazine: "I am chocolate and beautiful and loving it."
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2013 at 7:10pm

I honestly think it will be a long time till we have a dark skin rihanna or beyonce. Do you believe it's really about talent in the entertainment industry? I think we'll have to wait and see with azaelia banks.

Wait, why should we care? To be honest, I couldn't care less about being mainstream.

IMO, even if entertainment industry/music videos were full of dark skin AA women, that still wouldn't help us one iota because the real issue is NOT a lack of representation of darker skin AA/Black women in the entertainment industry. The real issue is that we are putting TOO much emphasis and importance on individuals in the entertainment industry. 

We will really start to see significant change once our young girls stop looking up to celebrities and stop trying to be the next Rihanna, and instead have role models like Dr. Mae Jemison, Maya Angelou, Zora Neal Hurston, Wangari Maathai, Tonni Morrison, etc. There are plenty of AA/Black women in the fields of mathemetics, sciences, education, etc that are more important and I rather my daughter look up to these women. 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 28>
  Share Topic