Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Do you think dark girls will be mainstream

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 28>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 12 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lhdc2011 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Lhdc2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 12:49am
Ugh, I don't like that a slimmer nose or smaller lips are called European features. If an AA woman has these features then they are AA features. Us Blacks look so many different ways anyway.
Sponsored Links

modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 12:50am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

i hate how were acting like its darn near impossible that one day soon there will be a mainstream dark girl... 
and if shes around, she MUST be exoctical with european features.. 

that ish disgusts me. 

i just think ppl don't have faith in record execs to put the money behind a dark african american girl and for the masses to receive her in the same way they do ppl with those other features.  America is weird.

wasn't Kelly much bigger in Europe?  

In terms of AA colorism, I see it as a bigger issue here than abroad. Of course, a dark man never has issues in the US, so this is definitely a gender skewed issue. IMO the darker you are as a woman, you tend to be taken as being "more authentic" overseas in all thing. Basing this off of my experiences.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 12:50am
Originally posted by Lhdc2011 Lhdc2011 wrote:

Ugh, I don't like that a slimmer nose or smaller lips are called European features. If an AA woman has these features then they are AA features. Us Blacks look so many different ways anyway.

true.

joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 12:52am

I love Brandy. She has a great personality from what I see. Her success makes me happy.

Me too. She is a surprisingly good performer too. I loved her last album.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 12:52am
I didn't call those features "european" for that reason

But Black people with slimmer and petite features are favored because of the White beauty standard, no doubt
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 12:54am
Originally posted by joileprincess joileprincess wrote:

I love Brandy. She has a great personality from what I see. Her success makes me happy.

Me too. She is a surprisingly good performer too. I loved her last album.

I love Brandy! Also because she has a lower slightly raspy voice compared to most r&b/pop artists being shoved down our throats who are screechy sopranos. Brandy's voice has this rich sound...I love it.
happy 4b View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happy 4b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 12:57am
Yes Brandy's voice is rich. I was looking for the word. It's so unique.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 1:15am
The title of this thread is so...odd...like I know whats being asked but the fact that it needs to be asked is sad as hell. 
SweetNovember* View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 1:18am
Not anytime soon. And attractive dark girls will always be considered the exception to the rule.

Edited by SweetNovember* - Feb 02 2013 at 1:18am
Yumyum28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Yumyum28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 1:23am
To the OP: If Azelia Banks is the "Great Dark Skinned Hope"..all I can say is Good luck with that!...In reference specifically to her..they had her modeling for Alexander Wang, MAC and Vogue in BSS wigs..IMO, her entire image is trash..from her musical content to her unrealistic attitude about her place as an artist, those petty twitter beefs and whoever her image consultant is should be shot.
Dark skinned women (as in more than one or two per generation) reaching mainstream popularity can happen but I dont think it will. IA with one poster who said..Until we change our ideas about color and complexion in our OWN community, how can we ever expect or assume that others will?
That Willie Lynch is strong..speaking of that..Ive been reading alot of articles lately that attempt to discredit this phenomenon..Does anyone else believe in the Willie Lynch syndrome?
Also Whitney was not Dark skinned, Ciara and Ashanti definitely aren't dark skinned. Brandy could be considered dark but she has yellow undertones and she'd be on the lightst scale of dark skin, followed by K Rowland, middle would be like Pam from Martin, Gabrielle Union and then towards the darker end like Cheryl Underwood, whoopi, grace jones..
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 28>
  Share Topic