Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Do you think closures have an age limit?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>

Bootiful Cream

Author
sweetApples9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetApples9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by kandyse1988 kandyse1988 wrote:

@sweet apples what is your definition of wiggy?? because im not sure if your referring to it the install looking like a helmet or something .... because just as wigs can look bad so can installs with leave out , and you need to protect your hair at all costs trust me... when i was your age i was doing the same thing flat ironing my leave out to death.. if i would of barked upon bhm at that age i would take all wisdom and use it trust me, its all about practicing and learning in 24 now nd still learning a lot from the vets on bhm... 

When I say wiggy I mean like me looking like I got a wig on my head, or having the closure be blond/orange looking while my scalp is dark brown lol. Because kids at school are cruel and if you got a bad wig on you'll be the talk of the school lol.
Sponsored Links

_belle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote _belle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 12:12pm
I think we know what people mean about "wiggy". . . its not necessarily sassing wigs in general, specifically lace wigs. It is more to say like we dont want the closure + wefts to look like it is, as my friends and I, "sitting". lol. Just picture what Head Deaconess Mother Ethel's wig looks like. . . It looks like it just sitting on her head, slapped up there, unsecured, and a brisk wind's whim from tumble weed status. I think she just wants to make sure it looks high or big or just generally helmet like. lol. "Wiggy" isn't shade to current or properly applied wigs, its just to reference what wigs stereotypically (and comically) look like.
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 9:41am
I'm realllly thinking of trying one or crochet braids... I need a style my hair is a mess
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 1:57pm
Do sew ins with closures last not as long though as sew ins without a closure?
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by abhair expert abhair expert wrote:

I think closures have age limit,because we often wash, dye or curl it during using.

I think the constant washing loosen it right?
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 12:11pm
I'm gonna try one and theres no appt that will give me enough time to order a closure :( I may have to get one from the beauty supply. My mom has tried impulse and a outre brazilian one, idk which to go with my hair will be indian hair
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 12:20pm
If you wear a closure then I have the braid that is closest to the perimeter not attached to the rest of the braids so It can be redone and my closure moved in a few weeks, if not you get that airplane takeoff looking install where the closure just aint right.

The orange scalp is their fault by over processing, makeup underneath the wrong shade or some orange looking Sally Hansen spray that clearly aint your color of scalp. 

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 12:23pm
I say a silent prayer for the leaveout that just dont mesh with your hair, leaveout 6" but have 20" swanging down your back. Now you know that dont mix and the line of demarcation.. sweet jesus Cry

I just throw my right hand up , with a fix it Jesus and a amen and keep it moving.
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 12:47pm
I think I'll try the Impulse
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 12:57pm
wrong thread

Edited by Princess Grace - Jul 30 2014 at 2:29pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon